Does any modder have time to fill out a survey about motivation for making mods?

TangL

I am student in Harper Adams University. My honours research project is about co-creation in videogame industry. In video game industry, mods are a major channel for co-creation. Therefore this survey investigate into motivation for mods making. The survey is entirely anonymous and confidential and will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. 

If you are interested in, please click and the link below.

https://harper-adams.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/motivation-for-users-to-participate-in-co-creation-in-vide

Your answers will be only used for academic uses and will not be available for any other uses. Your personal details will be confidential. You may refuse to take part in or exit the survey at any time. There is no direct benefits or forceable risks of participating the research.

Sorry, but this will not lead to a serious statistics or spend serious trends about even people, who are not  working or can´t  be working professional, because they can´t and maybe don´t want to do that. One of the reason to stay semi professional is the missing examination  and work with tools, which are not used in the professional game-building-scene, otherwise is a professional work not allowing to go into details and it depends on the marketing-strategy of the game-title. In other words is a game created with much more ease in teams, modding has in no way access to this sort of work and professional teams can´t be creating stuff like modders do. A huge and massif difference is, that modders do it all alone and games are made in teams, as it´s been said.

Mods will and can spend ideas with an amazing detailed artwork, compared to major companies and may take influence on different games/ genres. But specially games with adult contence like we have here for example in skyrim, is rare, compared with others. You can, but watch lot of games for "mainstream"-gameplay, how they implement more and more attributes of sexual contence, picking and stealing ideas of modded games.

$$$ is ruling the world (as long it´s possible), same is for the gaming industry. The way of modding like on LoversLab is a side-chain "dream-game-path", for some modders may be also commercialification of the account here the intention, for others the fun to edit gameplay and have a nice "sexual-content-hobby-art". At least are enjoying only some few percent of gamers this contence-that´s it. 

"Co-creation in video-game industry" would anyway be always a bad deal instead of working in teams together. I mean what is the problem for a major to overtake a modder to the game-industry, if s/he is an artist with amazing "skills". 

And for sure are in professional teams enough people, who have quite close ideas to what we do here in skyrim, which are often dropped again, because of different reasons. I mean you´ll find at for an easy example bethesda enough people, who could create far more easy stuff like you find here (this may be sad to hear for modders, but that´s fact).

Motivation for THIS sort of mod creation is easy: it´s all around to integrate sexual contence in a more or less suiting way into the existing game and this contence differs a lot because of different tastes between all our modders here around.

(only my "50 cent to this theme"-wishing you a successful examination in future)

20 hours ago, t.ara said:

Sorry, but this will not lead to a serious statistics or spend serious trends about even people, who are not  working or can´t  be working professional, because they can´t and maybe don´t want to do that. One of the reason to stay semi professional is the missing examination  and work with tools, which are not used in the professional game-building-scene, otherwise is a professional work not allowing to go into details and it depends on the marketing-strategy of the game-title. In other words is a game created with much more ease in teams, modding has in no way access to this sort of work and professional teams can´t be creating stuff like modders do. A huge and massif difference is, that modders do it all alone and games are made in teams, as it´s been said.

Mods will and can spend ideas with an amazing detailed artwork, compared to major companies and may take influence on different games/ genres. But specially games with adult contence like we have here for example in skyrim, is rare, compared with others. You can, but watch lot of games for "mainstream"-gameplay, how they implement more and more attributes of sexual contence, picking and stealing ideas of modded games.

$$$ is ruling the world (as long it´s possible), same is for the gaming industry. The way of modding like on LoversLab is a side-chain "dream-game-path", for some modders may be also commercialification of the account here the intention, for others the fun to edit gameplay and have a nice "sexual-content-hobby-art". At least are enjoying only some few percent of gamers this contence-that´s it. 

"Co-creation in video-game industry" would anyway be always a bad deal instead of working in teams together. I mean what is the problem for a major to overtake a modder to the game-industry, if s/he is an artist with amazing "skills". 

And for sure are in professional teams enough people, who have quite close ideas to what we do here in skyrim, which are often dropped again, because of different reasons. I mean you´ll find at for an easy example bethesda enough people, who could create far more easy stuff like you find here (this may be sad to hear for modders, but that´s fact).

Motivation for THIS sort of mod creation is easy: it´s all around to integrate sexual contence in a more or less suiting way into the existing game and this contence differs a lot because of different tastes between all our modders here around.

(only my "50 cent to this theme"-wishing you a successful examination in future)

Thanks for sharing your idea! and Merry Christmas!

I have noticed that lots of responders have a negative image on working with game companies. Also, a previous paper has argued that the confliction between modders and companies is difficult to settle. However, I don't think the game developers can always have the definite power on co-creation. For instance, Banks and Humphreys claim that co-creator may push the waged labour  to improve productivity in The labour of user co-creators: Emergent social network markets?  

Mods are based on games, and game companies may perceive better benefits includes profits because of mods. They can't leave each other and both are aimming at making the game more appealing though the deep reason maybe vairous. So I believe there is a way for companies and modders to work together in a harmony way with sufficient understanding. 

Love and peace!

Archived