How to edit meshes and textures ?

PegaluxX

1 hour ago, PegaluxX said:

I wish to learn editing meshes and textures completely. How to proceed ?

Start with Youtube,

Skyrim bodyslider.

Import skyrim obj to blender and export back to bodyslider.

Edit import, export dds file with Gimp.

..its a 1000 answer question ?

Ask if someone can be your mentor.

10 hours ago, PegaluxX said:

Many times I've edited meshes in bodyslider but becoz of not knowing how to edit textures, the end result turns terrible. That's why i need to have a thorough knowledge of both of them.

Thank you.

A "thorough" knowledge of learning how to edit textures?  Sounds a little "lofty", but if you're serious, quit your job and learn / become a graphic artist. I'm not trying to be funny here, but while you can use GIMP and other "smaller" photo manipulation tools to get by editing things, Photoshop is still king. And learning Photoshop can take you years, my friend. 

On 12/19/2018 at 5:13 AM, Swe-DivX said:

Start with Youtube,

Skyrim bodyslider.

Import skyrim obj to blender and export back to bodyslider.

Edit import, export dds file with Gimp.

..its a 1000 answer question ?

Ask if someone can be your mentor.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but doesn't exporting obj files from Outfit Studio (not BodySlide), then importing to Blender, removes the texture UV mapping from the mesh?  That means he'd have to learn how to do texture mapping as well.

2 minutes ago, C5Kev said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but doesn't exporting obj files from Outfit Studio (not BodySlide), then importing to Blender, removes the texture UV mapping from the mesh?  That means he'd have to learn how to do texture mapping as well.

It works, have done it many times. You have to add the texture urls again after you have imported them back into Outfit Studio.

10 hours ago, PegaluxX said:

Many times I've edited meshes in bodyslider but becoz of not knowing how to edit textures, the end result turns terrible. That's why i need to have a thorough knowledge of both of them.

Thank you.

Remember to Quote ?

Forgot to write, search on youtube. And use the terms.

- Skyrim bodyslider.

- Import skyrim obj to blender and export back to bodyslider.

- Edit import, export dds file with Gimp.

Ask her when you are stuck.

1 hour ago, C5Kev said:

A "thorough" knowledge of learning how to edit textures?  Sounds a little "lofty", but if you're serious, quit your job and learn / become a graphic artist. I'm not trying to be funny here, but while you can use GIMP and other "smaller" photo manipulation tools to get by editing things, Photoshop is still king. And learning Photoshop can take you years, my friend. 

By through i simply mean to be able to smoothly edit both meshes and textures. For example - Editing bodyshape of a unp - extra slim custom follower that uses some custom skin texture (like pure skin textures mod) does gives bigger chest, but creates mismatched skin color between hands and body. 

I am trying to learn how to increase chest size of custom NPC (that use custom skin texture) without creating fractures between hands 

So far I've learnt that all body parts like hands, feet need to be built in bodyslider. But this only works successfully on NPC's with default unp skin. 

Therefore, I want to learn about NPC editing more throughly.

1 minute ago, PegaluxX said:

I am trying to learn how to increase chest size of custom NPC (that use custom skin texture) without creating fractures between hands 

So far I've learnt that all body parts like hands, feet need to be built in bodyslider. But this only works successfully on NPC's with default unp skin. 

Therefore, I want to learn more regarding NPC editing more throughly.

The two - textures & meshes - have nothing to do with one another. If you have a gap between the body and hands, editing the texture will do nothing.  And changing the chest size in BodySlide has nothing to do with the hands either.  Make your body AND your hands and feet in BodySlide.  Sounds like you have perhaps BodySlide hands with a "generic" UNP body (or vice versa) which may or may not like up correctly.

If you have a custom NPC, the body meshes are located "somewhere". Once you determine where that is, make up a new body in BodySlide with bigger boobs, hold down the CTRL button and click "Build". That will send the meshes to \Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide". Make hands & feet too. Then manually move the meshes into the correct directory for your NPC. You don't need to mess with the texture(s) at all.

If you are using UNP, make sure that if you make a UUNP body, make UUNP hands / feet - not UNP Special hands / feet.  The "Special" hands / feet meshes have smaller diameters where they meet the body.

Archived