Is it possible to change a character's size?

sarsaparilla

Whenever i insert the smaller body mesh with the TMC Polygon Insert Tool, the character model is completely disfigured ingame.

Realigning the bone armature and replacing it with TMC Bone Tool doesn't do anything.

I have very little excperience with the Bone Tool, maybe I'm not doing it right? Is changing the model size even possible?

22 hours ago, sarsaparilla said:

Whenever i insert the smaller body mesh with the TMC Polygon Insert Tool, the character model is completely disfigured ingame.

Realigning the bone armature and replacing it with TMC Bone Tool doesn't do anything.

I have very little excperience with the Bone Tool, maybe I'm not doing it right? Is changing the model size even possible?

In which section of the game are you going to use these models? You should take into account that all the animation in the game is configured for the default model sizes. If you reduce these sizes, they will hang in the air without touching the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously I'm not just gonna scale everything down and be done with it.

Scaling up/down certain body parts, or even the whole body by just a couple of pixels already screws everything up.

I assume it's because the bone data doesn't align with the models properly, but realigning the bones in blender and replacing them with the bone insert tool doesn't fix it, or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

The characters' hitboxes don't align with the moves or the models 100% anyway, so i wanna tinker around with the sizes and the bone data to see if I can change certain characters' appearance to my liking.

4 hours ago, sarsaparilla said:

Obviously I'm not just gonna scale everything down and be done with it.

Scaling up/down certain body parts, or even the whole body by just a couple of pixels already screws everything up.

I assume it's because the bone data doesn't align with the models properly, but realigning the bones in blender and replacing them with the bone insert tool doesn't fix it, or maybe i'm doing it wrong.

The characters' hitboxes don't align with the moves or the models 100% anyway, so i wanna tinker around with the sizes and the bone data to see if I can change certain characters' appearance to my liking.

You can quite simply (more or less) change the appearance of the characters in a Private Paradise.

There in any animation there are fields ScaleX, ScaleY and ScaleZ. Is this all clear? ;)  

Archived