Is there a solution to slowdowns caused by hdt SEE

Highly suspect that hdt was is cause of my performance woes. 

on a 1080ti and fps would be fine at 60fps, until it slowly decreases over time to about 10fps while indoors. Clearly something was wrong.

From threads like: 

it seems that hdt sse is the cause. Aside from uninstalling hdt, is there a way to fix these slow downs?

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 8:34 PM, SVE said:

Does CBP also have this problem?

No.

CBP is a lot less 'collision based' - even the collision version of CBP has a lot less collisions. CBP will have bounce, but you won't see as much 'this moves that' such as those popular animations where a character plays with their own breasts... arms / hands will just go through and clip in those animations.

But as a result, the FPS drop of something like CBP is at most 1, if not 0.

When I tried using SMP, my fps was -DOWN TO- 1, if not 0...

SMP is for people on higher end systems than mine. I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro formated to run windows 10. So that's nVidia geForce 650M.

I imagine if someone had a current machine SMP could runn at 60-100 fps, but that's not me.

If you're on a 1080ti and failing with SMP... maybe check and make sure your GPU is configured right - and your system isn't swapping it out for an integrated board or something when it runs Skyrim (Macs are famous for this, but I've not heard of a PC doing it - you load up a fancy 3D app and it runs with the intel CPU integrated chip and ignores your GPU... there's even Mac apps you can get to force it to not do that... I formated my Mac for Windows even before I got Skyrim though, because Windows runs faster on a Mac than Mac OS does... on it's own hardware... O.o ).

Anyway... there are some guides out there if you google it to optimize your GPU. The short end of it is that you use the nVidia settings and not the windows settings to tweak things. And I think the same applies for Radeon if the still make those (one of my Macs is a Radeon GPU, but it's also an old machine).

12 minutes ago, jyotai said:

No.

CBP is a lot less 'collision based' - even the collision version of CBP has a lot less collisions. CBP will have bounce, but you won't see as much 'this moves that' such as those popular animations where a character plays with their own breasts... arms / hands will just go through and clip in those animations.

But as a result, the FPS drop of something like CBP is at most 1, if not 0.

When I tried using SMP, my fps was -DOWN TO- 1, if not 0...

SMP is for people on higher end systems than mine. I'm on a 2011 MacBook Pro formated to run windows 10. So that's nVidia geForce 650M.

I imagine if someone had a current machine SMP could runn at 60-100 fps, but that's not me.

If you're on a 1080ti and failing with SMP... maybe check and make sure your GPU is configured right - and your system isn't swapping it out for an integrated board or something when it runs Skyrim (Macs are famous for this, but I've not heard of a PC doing it - you load up a fancy 3D app and it runs with the intel CPU integrated chip and ignores your GPU... there's even Mac apps you can get to force it to not do that... I formated my Mac for Windows even before I got Skyrim though, because Windows runs faster on a Mac than Mac OS does... on it's own hardware... O.o ).

Anyway... there are some guides out there if you google it to optimize your GPU. The short end of it is that you use the nVidia settings and not the windows settings to tweak things. And I think the same applies for Radeon if the still make those (one of my Macs is a Radeon GPU, but it's also an old machine).

I'm absolutely certain hardware optimization is not the problem here.

Without SMP, The game runs stable 60 fps nearly everywhere. With it, the game starts at 60 fps and slowly reaches unplayable an frame rate (< 10 fps). Others with this problem have found that saving and reloading the game will temporarily fix the problem (restore framerates to playable levels), which is also what I observed. But I don't want to have to save and reload every five minutes while playing. 

Archived