C5Kev's Animated & Retextured Estrus V230 & V240

4 hours ago, Dimom76 said:

Hello! I want to thank YOU for the skillfully executed work! All your products are wonderful and fit perfectly in vanilla.
Regarding this mod, I had a question - is it suitable for Estrus v.1.60r1 (EC + v.3.46 requirement)?
P.S. Sorry for bad english ...

Thank you, it's appreciated.  Well, I don't know, never tried, but I would think yes.  Newer versions of Estrus appear to just add new meshes / animations and I believe those simply wouldn't show up in the older Estrus versions. So the easiest thing to do is try.

I don't think the directory structure has changed since the original. As such, the meshes are in "Data\meshes\animobjects\cotyounoyume\Estrus" - make a copy of that folder and call it "Estrus_orig". Textures are in "Data\textures\cotyounoyume\Estrus" - make a copy of that folder and call it "Estrus_orig". Files aren't that big, so they should take up a lot of drive space.  Now install my V2.30 mod and let it overwrite the originals (might want to double check the directory structure anyway to make sure they are the same names). Start your game and see what happens. You can always blow out my mod and put the original folder copies back to their original names - no harm done.

Let me know what you come up with.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, strikemasterz said:

I can't seem to click View File? It just throws an error:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2D161/1

Sadly C5kev pulled all his mods

I don't know why. :(

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2019 at 5:25 AM, Mez558 said:

Sadly C5kev pulled all his mods

I don't know why. :(

From their Patreon page (where they've relocated to):

But after years of posting my work on various websites, I've grown tired of people stealing said work, disregarding my wishes regarding posting it elsewhere or disgruntled people posting personally disrespectful comments about me for something I created - for them - for free. Many of my mods involved a lot of work - a lot of my time to create and feel I don't deserve that type of treatment. So posting my mods onto public websites just to become someone's personal punching bag has become counter-productive to me. 

What exactly did this mod even do? "Just" a retexture? Like the "animated" armors?

Not trying to sound rude or sarcastic, I don't know. The description isn't great without screenshots or anything...

I can't view the file, obviously, or even the vid posted by endgameaddiction, so I don't know if it's worth hunting down.

EDIT: Upon rereading that quote, I sound like the kind of ass they're upset about.

Please note that when I say "animated" and "just" retextured, I do think the fancy textures look nice, but they aren't animated in the traditional sense... they're static pieces, no hkx involved, etc. I was expecting this to add more to Estrus, going solely by the title.

On 6/24/2019 at 8:04 AM, TentakelnBitte said:

From their Patreon page (where they've relocated to):

What exactly did this mod even do? "Just" a retexture? Like the "animated" armors?

Not trying to sound rude or sarcastic, I don't know. The description isn't great without screenshots or anything...

I can't view the file, obviously, or even the vid posted by endgameaddiction, so I don't know if it's worth hunting down.

EDIT: Upon rereading that quote, I sound like the kind of ass they're upset about.

Please note that when I say "animated" and "just" retextured, I do think the fancy textures look nice, but they aren't animated in the traditional sense... they're static pieces, no hkx involved, etc. I was expecting this to add more to Estrus, going solely by the title.

Hello TentakelnBitte.  You are correct, the textures aren't animated in the traditional sense, i.e. they don't "walk" around per se.   Many feel the new, animated textures add a bit of extra creepiness to an already, very animated mod. Whether one likes it or not is, of course, purely subjective.  "I was expecting this to add more to Estrus, going solely by the title."  They're textures my good wizard ...what could you have been expecting? 

On 6/25/2019 at 6:49 PM, C5Kev said:

Hello TentakelnBitte.  You are correct, the textures aren't animated in the traditional sense, i.e. they don't "walk" around per se.   Many feel the new, animated textures add a bit of extra creepiness to an already, very animated mod. Whether one likes it or not is, of course, purely subjective.  "I was expecting this to add more to Estrus, going solely by the title."  They're textures my good wizard ...what could you have been expecting? 

Physics or something. Maybe an animation pack.

"Animated & Retextured" implies both. I was mistaken, but no worries! 

I already use another retexture anyway, so even if the mod was still up I couldn't use it.

(Some screenshots to see what I'm missing would have been nice either way, but again, no worries!)