DS Black Iron Tarkus Set HDT by DKnight13

View File

DS Black Iron Tarkus Set.zip Adds the Black Iron set from Dark Souls. The set comes with the Black Iron Helmet, Armor, Gauntlets, Leggings, Greatshield, and Greatsword. The armour set and weapon can be crafted at any forge under the "Ebony" smithing perk and can be tempered at any work bench and grindstone for the weapon. The shield is also "Dual Sheath-Redux"/"Equipping Overhaul" compatible. 

NO LONGER BEING UPDATED!!! Please see All-in-on pack: https://www.patreon.com/posts/dark-souls-pack-28440619

Credits:

Original contents from the Souls series' Dark Souls, by From Software

Special big thanks to Jewpwnicus for letting me post his shield; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81690

HDT bones and xml files by Team TAL

Mesh Rigger by KGTools: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87672

HDT Physics Extension by HydrogensaysHDT: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996

Special Thanks to @Nameless God for the Greatsword form DS3 Weapons Pack 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/28/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

1 hour ago, Siegmeyer said:

This one has similar weighting issues to the Silver Knight Armor, although I have yet to fix them. I did, however, add the missing transparency to the skirt part of the armor. Attached are the new files for the transparency.

Black Iron Armor.nif

black_iron_cloth_square_COLOR.dds

Thank you so much for this mate! I apologise for the weighting issues of the armor, as well as the silver knight set. I haven't really figured out how to do any of that. I've never really figured out how to export nifs from blender. I just used Outfitstudio to give them their nodes and partitions.

8 hours ago, DKnight13 said:

Thank you so much for this mate! I apologise for the weighting issues of the armor, as well as the silver knight set. I haven't really figured out how to do any of that. I've never really figured out how to export nifs from blender. I just used Outfitstudio to give them their nodes and partitions.

No problem. When I port meshes from other games to Skyrim, I've found it helps to reference a similar vanilla mesh for things like weight paint values and texture/shader properties. For instance, when setting the shader properties for shiny/glossy armor, I use the Ebony Armor as a reference, as it's already pretty shiny in the vanilla game.

Anyway, I'll post some edits to this armor as well when I get around to finishing them. I'm glad someone else has taken interest in porting Dark Souls armors now that Team TAL seems to no longer be doing so.

3 hours ago, Siegmeyer said:

No problem. When I port meshes from other games to Skyrim, I've found it helps to reference a similar vanilla mesh for things like weight paint values and texture/shader properties. For instance, when setting the shader properties for shiny/glossy armor, I use the Ebony Armor as a reference, as it's already pretty shiny in the vanilla game.

Anyway, I'll post some edits to this armor as well when I get around to finishing them. I'm glad someone else has taken interest in porting Dark Souls armors now that Team TAL seems to no longer be doing so.

I have a DS3 Port in the works but it probably won't get done, just got to fix shaders then reweight it in Bodyslide. Haven't bothered with bodyslide yet though. And I have to work on gauntlets in 3DS Max still (I put it off last because it takes forever)

On 11/29/2018 at 12:00 AM, Xerperious said:

I have a DS3 Port in the works but it probably won't get done, just got to fix shaders then reweight it in Bodyslide. Haven't bothered with bodyslide yet though. And I have to work on gauntlets in 3DS Max still (I put it off last because it takes forever)

Hey @Xerperious I have about everything to extract the files from Dark Souls 3. Where exactly do I install the dark souls 3 maxscript in Noesis? What directory do I install it in if there is any? 

DarkSouls3 (3).zip

On 11/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, Siegmeyer said:

Hey @Siegmeyer I'm trying to make a version of the Tarkus helmet where it's "open helmet" to where you can see your player's neck. But I keep getting this invisible helmet error. It shows up in the creation kit just not in Skyrim. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks 

20181130155600_1.jpg

Black Iron Helm(open).nif

1 hour ago, DKnight13 said:

Hey @Xerperious I have about everything to extract the files from Dark Souls 3. Where exactly do I install the dark souls 3 maxscript in Noesis? What directory do I install it in if there is any? 

DarkSouls3 (3).zip

It's a script, you don't have to install it anywhere. A good place to put it would be either in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\scripts or on your desktop. Also if you need I can provide files for most things.

Also for reference, things that start with

AM - Arms

BD - Body

HD - Head
LG - Legs

Each armor has an ID, this number is after the prefix so Gundyr's set would be

AM_M_6400.flver

BD_M_6400.flver

HD_M_6400.flver

LG_M_6400.flver

Any other files are probably going to be useless, FC is base body model but it has no face, FG is probably Face Gen, HR is hair, WP is weapon, lowercase wp is stuff that isn't in the game (Except Stormruler, apparently it wasn't going to be in the game)

1 hour ago, DKnight13 said:

Hey @Siegmeyer I'm trying to make a version of the Tarkus helmet where it's "open helmet" to where you can see your player's neck. But I keep getting this invisible helmet error. It shows up in the creation kit just not in Skyrim. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks 

20181130155600_1.jpg

Black Iron Helm(open).nif

Do you have it set as 31(Hair slot) in the CK?

7 hours ago, DKnight13 said:

It worked! Thanks @Xerperious! I'll make an update soon and be sure to credit you. As for the flver files i was able to extract some from data 1 and 2 but it seems like noesis can't read it for what ever reason. here is some of them

20181130230147_1.jpg

20181130230149_1.jpg

20181130230151_1.jpg

AM_F_1210.flver

AM_F_2250.flver

I think you have to have a special noesis plugin past the first version. It should all import the same though. Also maybe use "textures\cubemaps\ore_iron_e.dds" for the Black Iron set, it would look a lot better than silver. Or turn down the Evironment Multiplier.

5 hours ago, Xerperious said:

I think you have to have a special noesis plugin past the first version. It should all import the same though. Also maybe use "textures\cubemaps\ore_iron_e.dds" for the Black Iron set, it would look a lot better than silver. Or turn down the Evironment Multiplier.

@Xerperious I found the plugin for Noesis and made the python file and it worked! But the mesh seems all crooked, I dont know if that's normat for noesis?

https://github.com/Techokami/noesis-plugins-official/blob/master/finale00/fmt_DarkSouls_flv.py

Dark_Souls_flv_flver_model_importer.py

2018-12-01 (1).png

3 hours ago, DKnight13 said:

@Xerperious I found the plugin for Noesis and made the python file and it worked! But the mesh seems all crooked, I dont know if that's normat for noesis?

https://github.com/Techokami/noesis-plugins-official/blob/master/finale00/fmt_DarkSouls_flv.py

Dark_Souls_flv_flver_model_importer.py

2018-12-01 (1).png

If you are looking at DS3 models they will be like that, there never was a proper plugin for it to show properly. You just need to get a general idea what the model is so you can import it into 3DS Max with the script.

On 12/1/2018 at 3:45 PM, Nameless God said:

If you are looking at DS3 models they will be like that, there never was a proper plugin for it to show properly. You just need to get a general idea what the model is so you can import it into 3DS Max with the script.

@Nameless God For some reason I'm not able to view the body meshes in Noesis. I'm looking for Eygon of Carim's armor (or Morne's set) including his shield and I planning to port it over. Would I be okay if I could get the files from you?

2018-12-04.png

8 hours ago, DKnight13 said:

@Nameless God Never mind I found it on line, thanks! 

For models with physics it gives errors, you will have to import them manually, but if you can not find them I can help you find them.

Also something that helps reduce time spent looking for stuff is to go to "Data2" folder, go to the search bar, search for ".flver" or ".tpf" (Texture pack format) and drag the files from the search window to a seperate folder. It should give you something like this, which will make it easy to go through each of them.

image.png.571581f5679561262e203b4ceca1bad2.png

Also here is a little hint for what you are looking for, the one selected is 2450.

• 6 months later...
On 11/28/2018 at 3:13 PM, DKnight13 said:

DS Black Iron Tarkus Set HDT

View File

DS Black Iron Tarkus Set.zip Adds the Black Iron set from Dark Souls. The set comes with the Black Iron Helmet, Armor, Gauntlets, Leggings, Greatshield, and Greatsword. The armour set and weapon can be crafted at any forge under the "Ebony" smithing perk and can be tempered at any work bench and grindstone for the weapon. The shield is also "Dual Sheath-Redux"/"Equipping Overhaul" compatible. 

Credits:

Original contents from the Souls series' Dark Souls, by From Software

Special big thanks to Jewpwnicus for letting me post his shield; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81690

HDT bones and xml files by Team TAL

Mesh Rigger by KGTools: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87672

HDT Physics Extension by HydrogensaysHDT: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53996

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/28/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    HDT Physics Extension
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

Great work,always wanted this set!There is a problem though,the armor folds weirdly near the armpits(by the way i have HDT Physics).

So what am I doing wrong?

ScreenShot0.jpg

2 hours ago, babisandriotis666 said:

Great work,always wanted this set!There is a problem though,the armor folds weirdly near the armpits(by the way i have HDT Physics).

So what am I doing wrong?

ScreenShot0.jpg

Thank you! That is a weight painting issue I need to fix later on. For the HDT you might also need XMPSE if you don't already have it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68000