Virus Problems with Passion Files

chete69

Recently i installed the Passion Mod, so i search here for Animations and objets.

I could install a few, but most of the files (Objets & Animations) shows a virus alert, denying permission access to their respective downloads page.

Its a real or a fake alert?

can anybody fix it, please?

• 1 month later...

FYI, several AV programs include a feature to block downloads from untrusted sites. In particular, Avast! will block all downloads from this website, just because the site has a "low" reputation. This does not mean that the site has been reported for viruses, just that Avast doesn't know much about the site. The Passion packages on here have never actually been detected to have a virus. My recommendation is:

• temporarily disable your AV program or the web browser plugin for it
  • download the package
  • re-enable your program
  • scan the downloaded file

If your AV reports that the downloaded file is clean, then either report this website as a good site to your AV, or get a new AV program. Despite Avast! being a decently rated free anti-virus, it constantly blocks sites that have never had any problems. Now, admittedly, it is far better to block an occasional good site than to not block a bad site, but Avast! has blocked this site for many, many users. This site gets a lot less traffic than CNET, for example, but it still gets enough that Avast! should have figured out that it is not a dangerous site by now.

Archived