Schlongs of Skyrim no longer loads after Win10 latest update

FVHrc0E

Yesterday Schlongs of Skyrim loaded properly and Skyrim was working well. Last thing I did was update Windows 10 (update corrected my problems with start menu and taskbar response). This morning started up yesterday's save and got errors messages for Schlongs of Skyrim that said either the dll was not loading or using an old version. Also "Cum Shots" warned that "papyrus utililty" not working and "Sexlab" was not loading properly (can't remember exact warnings but you get the idea).

I have re-installed all of the above and started a new game, but still get same error messages. The last time this happened after a Windows 10 update, I had to reset Windows 10 and start over.

If anyone can help me fix this problem without resetting Windows, please let me know (I hate windows 10)

Is your Win Ten 32bit or 64bit. Which Skyrim LE or SSE. Try updating graphics  drivers. Use feedback on Win Ten. use feedback graphical drive data base know as well. Let them know you have a problem . I had problems running 64 bit SSE and Fallout. fixed now. Win Ten should update your drivers, they did for me. Could also be problem with Bethesda. Check their display and load orders match. Try Vortex if you are still running NMM. NMM does not run to well on win ten Votex is compatible. Just some pointers. KarenXX.

Thank you for responding to my cry for help. Win10 64 home; Skyrim LE; just so happens updated graphics and scanned drivers 3 days ago. Haven't run SSE  for about a week, but now that you mention it, will see if SOS works on that  (Stay with LE because of HDT).

Disable any sos plugins and see if it will launch, if it will enable each sos plugin one by one. Possibly load order got altered... Anyway sos will disable itself to prevent save corruption if a plugin has issues.

Another cause could be the mod manager you use, or the install directory of your game/mod manager, windows updates have caused file permission problems in the past.

Thanks to all that read my post and especially to Karen 1965 and RW311 for their helpful comments.

Sorry to have troubled you.

I made a classic blunder in my efforts to troubleshoot the problem in that I didn't reboot my computer to determine if that fixed the problem. So the next time I started my computer and played Skyrim, the problems listed  no longer popped up.

I don't know why but many of my apps, e.g. Firefox, no longer start up with my personal settings after Wiin10 updates. Just another reason why I hate Win10. Hey, but the last update reduced the number of times I have to press "START" and then "Shutdown" to about 6 -10; whereas before this last update, sometimes the start menu never opened and mashing was the only way to get it to open if it did.

Archived