Apropos2 Poll

Apropos Users - Which is most important to you now?  

1,297 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Apropos2 do care about most?

• Skyrim Legendary Edition (LE) aka Oldrim
    • Skyrim Special Edition

On 12/2/2018 at 3:31 PM, Mickster said:

Lets take a look at the release dates of the updates so far.

SSE Patches: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Special_Edition_Patch

7 November 2017

30 November 2017

3 April 2018

29 August 2018

3 October 2018

Now the more important bit, SKSE64 updates (v2.00.10 came out 3rd of October): http://skse.silverlock.org/download/archive/

27 September 2017

12 November 2017

4 April 2018
3 October 2018

It's not like Bethesda has been throwing out updates every week and the SKSE team has been on point lately with updating SKSE64 very quickly (these are the people you depend on the most, no SKSE updates means no SKSE methods or DLL plugins), Bethesda's main cash cow for microtransactions is Fallout 76 and to a lesser extend Fallout 4. Don't expect many creation club related updates for SSE, they're focused now on putting out the fires in the clusterfuck that is 76 and there's way more activity on the Fallout 4 side as far as creation club goes compared to SSE.

Now that that is out of the way lets take a look at stability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzLgRvqfDs

Also read the top voted comment thread starting with "Spawned in 1000 Nazeems(no joke) and I didnt crash right into the cloud district. SSE is very stable compared to Skyrim 2011"

It runs better, it looks better, it can handle way more NPCs doing stuff on screen at once and scripts fire more reliably (Darkconsole has stated this herself and I've noticed the same things in my testing; shit is overall way more responsive).

Now I know that updates breaking your DLL hooks is not fun nor is waiting on SKSE and your dependencies to update but lets not pretend updates come out that often and from this point onward they'll only get less and less frequent.

More and more important frameworks get ported to SSE each day SexLab Framework, SLAL + animations for it, DD, Aroused, Creature Framework, More Nasty Creatures, Defeat etc. etc. ECE has been ported. Racemenu is almost completely ported over, the only thing not working is face sculpting and face overlays (you can use the makeup section to apply face paints and tattoos yourself) due to SSE using an updated renderer but expired is working on it. RaceMenu made HDT HH obsolete for SSE and we also have CBPC for physics to replace HDT PE. A lot of the mods for old Skyrim work for SSE or are quick to port over.

Edit: here's a thread (it's not up to date) of all the important stuff that has or has not been ported over: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-nov-22-2409/

yeah, i very very rarely have crashes or had crashes, and i used to run about 250 mods. Also skyrim se looks better in general even without enb's and mods like cbbe have the very high poly bodies and better bodyslide options. i thought i would never swich to SE until i did try it, then i came back to LE and i couldnt get the game to work for hours.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

Apropos2 works fine with SSE. Just requires a patch with this script: - https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=638152

Oh! so if i install Apropos2 where and how do i add that script? i use Mod Organizer2. Could you tell me where i place that please?, the script that is.. Do i just add it to th zip file before manually installing it via MO2?

:)

2 hours ago, sophiextime said:

Oh! so if i install Apropos2 where and how do i add that script? i use Mod Organizer2. Could you tell me where i place that please?, the script that is.. Do i just add it to th zip file before manually installing it via MO2?

:)

Create a new folder anywhere (on desktop), name it scripts. Place the script inside and zip. Place the zipped folder in MO2, install and place after Apropos2 in the left-hand pane.

I would not recommend merging with the actual Apropos2 mod. That way you won't have to worry about updates. ?

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

Create a new folder anywhere (on desktop), name it scripts. Place the script inside and zip. Place the zipped folder in MO2, install and place after Apropos2 in the left-hand pane.

I would not recommend merging with the actual Apropos2 mod. That way you won't have to worry about updates. ?

I did exactly as you suggested at it works a treat. Thank you every so much :)

Just want to chime in on this thread as someone who switched to SSE and never looked back. I've been trying various configurations of extensively modded Oldrim setups for years, and never, ever, ever has it been stable, or even close. Inb4 "you don't know how to mod correctly", "you didn't setup Crash Fixes correctly", "check ENB memory allocation" etc.

The true reason for this that I've recognised, is I wanted too much from the game. I have a decent machine, so I always thought it was possible to get 60FPS, nextgen youtube-level visuals with 4k everything, hundreds of additional creatures and NPCs, every kind of new content and game modification known to man, and scripts for days (footprints, wet and cold, creature framework, SLaroused, the list goes on) and have the game work if you just do it right.

You can't. You just can't, not with LE.

But on SSE, all of these things are possible, because memory related crashes cease to be an issue. If you mod correctly, the only limitation is your hardware. You can have it all. But it's been years now, and I am amazed that the community has not moved on. Especially here on loverslab, where the game is pushed to its limits. Yes, there is not complete availability of LE mods for SSE, but perhaps there would be if enough people Just. Move. On. 

I run 499 plugins, with merges, big ENB, 4k textures, and tons of heavily scripted mods. I have yet to encounter a crash that cannot be fixed quickly and efficiently in TES5Edit. I put off the switch to SSE for so long because I was misled by reading dozens of negative posts here and elsewhere, and it's a shame. Finally Skyrim can be what you always wanted it to be.

Rant over. 

Loving Apropos2 ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

i did a whole long rant about original mods and why you should switch to sse, in the end its actually about where do you want your mod to go? if you want it to stay as original only, then keep it there. i would love to have this officially worked on and ported for SSE, but thats on you, a script fix alone might make it run for years, the biggest difference is this

original is 32 bit with an effective memory lock of 4gb. SSE is a 64bit with an effective memory lock of just under 18eb. on a SSE platform larger scripts, larger textures, i ran sse for a few years vanilla because my (at the time) 10yr old wanted to play, so he played sse, i played modded LE. my LE install got borked so i switched to SSE, i still don't have everything i want. But i am trying to help out and get those mods back in circulation. 

Another big difference between 32-bit processors and 64-bit processors is the maximum amount of memory (RAM) that is supported. 32-bit computers support a maximum of 4 GB (232 bytes) of memory, whereas 64-bit CPUs can address a theoretical maximum of 18 EB (264 bytes). However, the practical limit of 64-bit CPUs (as of 2018) is 8 TB of addressable RAM.

• 2 weeks later...

SE all the way. More support for my kind of players who like to load tons of mods. Runs smoother, looks nicer even as vanilla. Most important sexlab mods (for me) are being constantly worked on and currently I'm happy with the selection. 

26 minutes ago, Tenebris305 said:

Does it show up in the mcm? i already had the file in my scripts folder for nmm and it doesnt show up.

My understanding is the script removes the Jcontainer and Skyrim version check. Without the Jcontainerss check Apropos2 won't work. Not checking the Skyrim version would not stop Apropos2 working, it would just throw up an error message. 

The MCM  will be the same in SSE as Oldrim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 8:35 PM, Tenebris305 said:

Sadly no. I just moved on without it. Just hoping for an official port.

So I actually got it to work by doing almost the same as Neon.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:38 PM, General Neondaze said:

Create a new folder anywhere (on desktop), name it scripts. Place the script inside and zip.

Just install the scripts zip file as you would any other mod to NMM.

Worked for me

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...