Nvidia's Shadowplay help

I have latest Nvidia drivers for my GPU and Gforce experience. All settings are set as they should be but, except taking screenshots, I can't record video clips; no manually Alt+F9 and not using ALt+F10.

Shadowplay doesn't want to record anything at all in my Witcher 3 game and whenever I press Alf+Z it shows that my recording is Off and it stands off even after I turn it on. I spent a lot of time trying to find the answer on web about my problem and I tried everything suggested but nothing helped.

It seams that I have to give up from Shadowplay (unless someone comes up with solution).  I also tried to find alternative free program for recording in game but trial versions were all offered. I'm not cheap but buying the program that doesn't serve me for my work is a waste of money. Does anyone knows alternative FREE in game recording program that is not a trial time limited garbage? Thank you.

I had a similar problem a while back. The only way I could make it work was to uninstall it completely and reinstall it from scratch.

I've also discovered that if you have Windows 7, you need to have an Aero theme set on your desktop. It might sound odd but it really does not work properly unless you have an Aero theme.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:38 PM, JobiWanUK said:

I had a similar problem a while back. The only way I could make it work was to uninstall it completely and reinstall it from scratch.

I've also discovered that if you have Windows 7, you need to have an Aero theme set on your desktop. It might sound odd but it really does not work properly unless you have an Aero theme.

No, sorry, turning on Aero in my Win7 didn't help. Thanks for suggestion thou. :)

On 11/7/2018 at 7:09 PM, Neko91 said:

OBS Studio is free and can be used for recording. I've only used it for streaming so I don't know how well the recording feature works but it's worth checking out.

It works. No smoothly but works. Thank you.

Archived