[SSE] Deadly Mutilation mod taken down from Nexus (New mod: Maximum Carnage)

Hey folks,

So there was a mod Deadly Mutilation by lamer1000 created for Oldrim back in like 2013. It was one of the most immersive mods ever. You could cut humanoids in half, spill their guts, crush their skulls into small pieces. It also worked with magic, so fire could burn the corpse into a crisp, shock damage could explode the head and frost could crystallize the corpse, which would later explode into bloody pieces. I mean, its not like similar stuff is in both Fallout games officially.

So now with SEE this mod was ported, but was not in a perfect state. Most the melee killmoves are fine, Im using the mod currently. However magic and some stuff needed fixes (effects were delayed long after death, the burnt corpse did not spawn, enemies screamed continuously after you looted them, or just randomly).

It seems now that the mod has been taken off the SSE Nexus. Do anyone knows whats the story with that? It seems fine on Oldrim Nexus, so I suspect the one who ported it might have taken it down due to unfinished state. Still it was the best one we have had so far.

Edit while writing this post(!): I just found a recent reddit thread asking about this. Linking an apparent fan fix. Bingo. Sharing with you all my fellows. Hopefully this also fixes some stuff I listed above.

https://www.reddit.com/r/modpiracy/comments/9qmdhu/deadly_mutilation_dismemberment_blood_and_gore/

https://mega.nz/#!QxpAEQBL!tuUAyP4-hcr4sJv_ODTdLZrAu-WtVCD-I3CUNA4JxQ4

Edit2: Actually the link above seems to be just the basic version for vanilla body. I am attaching the zip for CBBE one that I am currently using. 

Deadly Mutilation AIO Classic - CBBE-18010-1-1.7z

Edit3: I recommend using a completely new mod that has an on going support from its creator called Maximum Carnage:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43494?tab=description

Edited by Ramazon
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/27/2019 at 2:59 PM, xgamerninjax said:

Is this CBBE SE body or LE CBBE? or does it matter?

This is important and no one has answered. I know it's been well over a year now, but I want to ask before I start screwing up my save file. SE uses a brand new skeleton with a superior physics engine/body, namely XP32+ CBP Physics with Collisions. My instinct tells me this mod won't work with CBP, is this the case?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 7:55 PM, sstier87 said:

This is important and no one has answered. I know it's been well over a year now, but I want to ask before I start screwing up my save file. SE uses a brand new skeleton with a superior physics engine/body, namely XP32+ CBP Physics with Collisions. My instinct tells me this mod won't work with CBP, is this the case?

since it is a port for SSE i would think its CBBE SSE

I do remember i tried it a year ago, when it was still on nexus. The thing was fooking CTD-fodder, along with the enhanced blood mod. Quickly got rid of both, which was a bummer, since bogstandard SSE is so family-friendly, i was suprised when i red it actually has blood, since i never noticed any without those mods (except during killmoves).

Dunno if those two were ever stabilized, but i'm not in a hurry to try again.

You people probably missed the fixed version of dm, I run it together with efc by powerofthree and it's by far the best combat feeling. It works with sos for males and cbbe for females. There's even a patch for cloaks of skyrim. I can upload that later here of you wish

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the file.

I gave it a go but it needs some work for SSE, particularly CBBE.

When stripped, all bodies have underwear and there are some misshapen limb 'connections', like upper arms are affected.

Sadly, my modding skills match my neurosurgery skills.  ? I don't have the skills to fix this.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried ported mod. The mod is good if you want to use default or mod provided CBBE clothes and outfits otherwise the dismemberment will not work correctly and strange things will happen. That was good mod back in 2013 when there was no such things as bodyslides crazy CBBE physics, mods like immersive armors and other armor/outfit mods. Hopefully someone will make rewrite of this mod from scratch but given limitation of the engine I don't think it will be ever possible to patch for things like Immersive Armors let alone. Someone could water down the mod by deleting arm amputations and disembowelment and adding foot and hands amputations.

If you want more stable amputations use 

and / or

SL Survival only offers combat amputations while Deadly Traps and Curses in addition to combat adds amputations by taps. Those mods are less immersive than Deadly Mutilation but way more stable.

For Amputator Framework install Monoman1's tweaked version. If you need SSE version you can port it. I've done preliminary test and it works in SSE okay. No issues found.

If some of you use LE you can go and try Deadly Reflex for LE 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/83631?

20 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

This mod adds ultra gore bloody kill system to vanilla NPC (outfits) when you fight them. 

Ahh i see, im scared of this mod lol. What if you cut off the peoples heads but you want to make them a zombie with a spell? XD