Very weird FF and IE [SOLVED]

Evaloves4

My apologies in advance if this issue was already answered but I have no time to check it now. Please, forgive me. Have a question about weir behaving of Internet explorer and FireFox after FF upgraded to 63 version. Although my browser are set to "NO" for automatic upgrade damn FF did it anyway and they are doing it all the time last few years. The problem is that whenever I press any link from my Bookmark, I get this picture:

Spoiler

1264305134_2018-11-0414_33_42-.png.80935b7b05dab152c073c92276d39fd6.png

I checked my computer with Kaspersky antivirus, SuperAntiSpyware and on line Kaspersky scan and I got zero malware or Trojans or any other malicious program.  Would somebody be kind and explain to me what is happening since I get no information about it and I can't open many sites I could before the upgrade.

Thank you.

The latest upgrade to firefox takes away the ability to block future upgrades

You may have to go to the internet to see if there is a work around this new version of the software.

As for what else it does I did not read further and I am blocking the attempt by firefox to upgrade my computer.

This is much easier for me to do because I am still using windows 7.

Call it a conspiracy if you wish, but there seems to be a concerted effort by all the software providers to have 100% control over anyone who has a computer.

Furthermore, there seems to be a huge effort to control what software goes on these computers.

Problem Solved:

Fucking Mozilla slave masters force you to do as they want you to do. No matter which version of FF I install and turning off every single fucking field to avoid update, FF still upgrade my browser to the latest version. I HATE those bastards. If you give me something for free, don't fucking tell me what to do with it or take it back and give me something I don't want and I didn't ask for. ?

As for the screen Eva posted, I found a solution. It is called "Privacy pass". It is addon and after first time you enter "I'm not a fucking robot) add-on remembers it and don't ask you any more. But, the pages that were locked and didn't want to show the content you have to press on the "Privacy pass" and chose "Get more passes". Fucking unbelievable how they want to fuck up your life from simple into complicated. Damn multinational corporations. 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:23 AM, Elf Prince said:

Problem Solved:

Fucking Mozilla slave masters force you to do as they want you to do. No matter which version of FF I install and turning off every single fucking field to avoid update, FF still upgrade my browser to the latest version. I HATE those bastards. If you give me something for free, don't fucking tell me what to do with it or take it back and give me something I don't want and I didn't ask for. ?

As for the screen Eva posted, I found a solution. It is called "Privacy pass". It is addon and after first time you enter "I'm not a fucking robot) add-on remembers it and don't ask you any more. But, the pages that were locked and didn't want to show the content you have to press on the "Privacy pass" and chose "Get more passes". Fucking unbelievable how they want to fuck up your life from simple into complicated. Damn multinational corporations. 

Browsers need to be updated for one simple reason: Hackers are working full time, 24 hours per day, on finding security issues. This causes leaks that need to be addressed.

If you don't update FF and your machine gets hacked, you'll come here complaining about how FF was hacked and how you hate them because they didn't make a secure browser.

They have to keep their browser stable.

In order to do that, it needs to be updated.

As there are a lot of browsers available, in this case it really is a case of: Don't like it, don't use it.

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Browsers need to be updated for one simple reason: Hackers are working full time, 24 hours per day, on finding security issues. This causes leaks that need to be addressed.

If you don't update FF and your machine gets hacked, you'll come here complaining about how FF was hacked and how you hate them because they didn't make a secure browser.

As there are a lot of browsers available, in this case it really is a case of: Don't like it, don't use it.

You have right only from one point and I keep my programs updated. But if your have read the comments of the people you will see that thousands complained about things FF did with every single upgrade.  Since FF still is better for me then IE, Opera or Chrome, I have to take less evil. I don't like NMM either but I still use it because it is easier and better for me then MO. Therefore as a user I have right to praise and complain. If I don't want to upgrade my browser, it is my right and they put the option in settings for not upgrading which they ignore. I didn't complain about necessary upgrades but against my right to use the browser as I want. By the way, FF have the section for complaining about the product. So, attacking me for complaining about it has no purpose and I don't see why did you do it.  :)

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

You have right only from one point and I keep my programs updated. But if your have read the comments of the people you will see that thousands complained about things FF did with every single upgrade.  Since FF still is better for me then IE, Opera or Chrome, I have to take less evil. I don't like NMM either but I still use it because it is easier and better for me then MO. Therefore as a user I have right to praise and complain. If I don't want to upgrade my browser, it is my right and they put the option in settings for not upgrading which they ignore. I didn't complain about necessary upgrades but against my right to use the browser as I want. By the way, FF have the section for complaining about the product. So, attacking me for complaining about it has no purpose and I don't see why did you do it.  :)

I didn't attack you. I gave another opinion on the matter.

You are literally saying 'I want the right not to upgrade my browser', in fact you say you 'HATE' them because they don't 'allow' you to use an older version.

Yet you also say you understand the need for patching and keeping a program updated.

You say you keep your programs updated, yet you don't want your most important portal towards the dangerous internet patched.

You have all the right not to patch, just don't use this browser, use another that does allow you to use unsecure and unpatched software.

But if say you 'hate' them, merely for wanting to keep their browser and users safe from hackers, then I'll say there's no justification at all to do so. There's nothing malicious or evil about them keeping their FREE browser updated. Literally nothing.

21 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

I didn't attack you. I gave another opinion on the matter.

You are literally saying 'I want the right not to upgrade my browser', in fact you say you 'HATE' them because they don't 'allow' you to use an older version.

Yet you also say you understand the need for patching and keeping a program updated.

You say you keep your programs updated, yet you don't want your most important portal towards the dangerous internet patched.

You have all the right not to patch, just don't use this browser, use another that does allow you to use unsecure and unpatched software.

But if say you 'hate' them, merely for wanting to keep their browser and users safe from hackers, then I'll say there's no justification at all to do so. There's nothing malicious or evil about them keeping their FREE browser updated. Literally nothing.

You've right, but please, understand this: when I write or speak in English that is not my native language under emotional boost, most of the time I unwillingly and unintentionally use improper or incorrect, wrong words for I didn't know better in that moment. So, hate is too strong.  Second, since (I guess) English is your native language or you speak it very well, I have a favor to ask you: whenever you read my posts like about LL, ask yourself if I really mean it because I might wanted to say something else but because of lack of the English knowledge I maybe said something that I didn't want to but I didn't realize it. :)You might get wrong impression just as I had reading your words as an attack.

We obviously comes from two different cultures and language speaking and it may cause a big trouble in communication and relationship. Also, no offense but argument: don't use it if you don't like it doesn't stand and in our culture people who says such things usually defend the things they like and feel personally attacked when someone is speaking against it. Anyway, my lack of knowing good English prevents me to present my point the way I should and you will always have better arguments then me. I have no desire to verbally fight with you or to be in any kind of conflict. I have read dozens posts of your which I liked very much and I like the way you think.

Eva  presented her problem, I fixed it after a lot of troubles and researches that made me mad about FF and I expressed my feelings about it. That was all.

As for: "If you don't like it, don't use it" I follow it in many cases here on LL and in real life. But I do not feel personally attacked when people doesn't like the things I like which is the opposite case in our country. :)

I hope we'll keep good and friendly spirit here, on LL and sorry for misunderstanding.

On 11/4/2018 at 4:11 PM, EvalovesEP said:

My apologies in advance if this issue was already answered but I have no time to check it now. Please, forgive me. Have a question about weir behaving of Internet explorer and FireFox after FF upgraded to 63 version. Although my browser are set to "NO" for automatic upgrade damn FF did it anyway and they are doing it all the time last few years. The problem is that whenever I press any link from my Bookmark, I get this picture:

Reveal hidden contents

1264305134_2018-11-0414_33_42-.png.80935b7b05dab152c073c92276d39fd6.png

I checked my computer with Kaspersky antivirus, SuperAntiSpyware and on line Kaspersky scan and I got zero malware or Trojans or any other malicious program.  Would somebody be kind and explain to me what is happening since I get no information about it and I can't open many sites I could before the upgrade.

Thank you.

On 11/5/2018 at 8:23 AM, Elf Prince said:

Problem Solved:

Don't blame Mozilla

https://meltdownattack.com/

@Reginald_001> Thank you for your comment.  Please don't resent my Prince. He didn't mean anything wrong. he was frustrated with the problem that took him a long time to find solution and he is saying the truth: his English is not very good and many times he says things he really doesn't mean. I apologize in his name if he was rude to you, but believe me, he isn't. He just express himslef in very clumsy way sometimes. :) 

On 11/6/2018 at 9:58 AM, Reginald_001 said:

That's correct, but there's only one problem with those updates. They should stop to force new features upon their users, as long those features doesn't really help the security/stability. Because of that behavior I often downgraded back to the version I liked. Or didn't even bothered updating until there is no other choice. I see it exactly as dharvinia, that they overdo it and all they want now is to control the user. They wanna get rid of the long-lasting freedom people had on their own PC. But I do care for being the master on my PC, while having the option to let the OS/software do it's own thing, but only IF I want.

But on the topic: I don't know for sure, but there might be a way to disable auto-updates via "about:config". Just google for it, since I can't test with my old version.

PS: Proudly using a telemetry-free Win7 and stopped updating when they started to release one big update every month. No thanks Microsoft, I don't want your spyware on my Win7.

Also still using Firefox 56, mostly due to the looks of the newer version. That means my software is pretty outdated. And? Where are my virus-infections and the malware-stuff? I thought I should have so much problems with such an unsecure system by now... well... maybe people just exaggerate the importance of updates and understate the importance of knowledge when browsing the internet. ?

Archived