A Brief Guide To Making TES4Gecko Work

04ycIlXyni3t

Why? This wonderful utility is Java-based, performs many useful plugin / master functions, is often mentioned in the forum and, true to Java form, is not simple to activate (put politely). This was tested on Windows 7 x64.

i:) download the file [ Oblivion Nexus ], extract the archive and copy all but the shortcut and .txt file to a C:\ directory which I named merge.

ii:) check that you have the latest Java runtime installed.

iii:) create a shortcut to the file in the merge folder and place the shortcut in the C:\ directory.

iv:) right-click the shortcut file and scroll to properties, then edit the Target line to [ in my case ]:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_191\bin\javaw.exe" -DOblivion.install.path=C:\Oblivion -Xmx2048m -jar "C:\merge\TES4Gecko.jar"

It should now be possible to click on the shortcut and open TES4Gecko.

If you then decide to use the program to merge plugins (probably other plugin operations, too) you may need to use Set Directory, first, to tell the program the location of the Oblivion > Data directory.

If you have a.esp and b.esp and need to merge them, naming the merged a.esp or b.esp, you will need to first rename the .esp to be overwritten or the merge and overwrite process will fail (eg: if the merged .esp was to be called a.esp then the existing a.esp would need to be re-named - a1.esp, for the sake of argument - before attempting the merge).

Archived