Inconsequential NPCs.esp removed

OK_Followers.esp  removed
Tame Beast.esp   removed

Duel - Combat Realism.esp  removed

HentaiCreatures.esp  replaced by Untamed

SexLabAnimalSex.esp  replaced by Untamed

Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp  removed

Inconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.esp removed

I've heard that AddItemMenu is considered unstable by a lot of people, but I'm not sure as I've not used it extensively.

Unless you have a specific reason to be using it "Sexlab Animal Sex" has been mostly replaced by Untamed.

I might suggest picking between either Wildcat or Duel and not running both at the same time.

Also, its good practice to test your mods in waves in order to root out any specific mods that can be causing instabilities. You might want to try disabling all of your mods and then activate them one at a time (or maybe groups of five or so, I do that sometimes) and then see how your game runs.

21 minutes ago, NotThatICare said:

I've heard that AddItemMenu is considered unstable by a lot of people, but I'm not sure as I've not used it extensively.

Unless you have a specific reason to be using it "Sexlab Animal Sex" has been mostly replaced by Untamed.

I might suggest picking between either Wildcat or Duel and not running both at the same time.

Also, its good practice to test your mods in waves in order to root out any specific mods that can be causing instabilities. You might want to try disabling all of your mods and then activate them one at a time (or maybe groups of five or so, I do that sometimes) and then see how your game runs.

Replaced Sexlab Animal Sex on Untamed, let's see how it will be. I read on the score Duel and Wildcat, I realized that first I don't need

I'm using additemmenu ever since and i'm pretty sure nothing is unstable with it. What you should obviously avoid though is to add quest items instead of doing the quest, that's an almost certain way to fuck things up.^^

I don't know a lot of mods in your load order so i can't really tell if they're stable on their own, even less in combination, but as long as they don't directly conflict with each other like doing the same stuff, editing same places, same event (like OnHit or something)... in my experience other things are much more important to keep a game stable.

1. Don't remove scripted mods midgame. Just don't. If you really need to get rid of a mod, consider your save screwed and start a new game from scratch. Save game cleaners are worth a try, but don't be surprised if they don't do magic.

2. Less risky but still may screw your save: avoid changing load order mid game (ANY! mods) and updates of scripted mods. I know both is sometimes just not possible and i won't tell you to never do it but... be aware that it's entirely possible to fuck things up that way. Keep backups of old versions and load orders + saves before doing any change, so at least you can go back if things become messy.

3. Use ENBoost, crash fixes, unoffical patches,... possibly more, but others might depend on our setup and hardware. Those three are mandatory.

4. Check your mods possible settings for regular scans, updates,... and reduce these values as far as you can stand it, in case of doubt start with high values and reduce them bit by bit till you feel comfortable. My first candidate when i start a new game is creature framework, i also entirely disable the SL aroused integration.

Essientially you want to avoid that multiple mods run too many scripts at the same time, reducing how often they run scripts is no guarantee but it helps without losing much if anything. Similar for mods adding NPCs, especially in combination with mods that scan every NPC in a cell or area. Not entirely impossible to combine such mods, but definitly risky. 

To test if you're still good you could go to the most crowded place (interiors preferable because it's easier to tell where a cell starts/ends) with logging enabled, maybe stay there a while. Then search your papyrus log for stack dumps. If there are any, it's too much.

16 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

I'm using additemmenu ever since and i'm pretty sure nothing is unstable with it. What you should obviously avoid though is to add quest items instead of doing the quest, that's an almost certain way to fuck things up.^^

I don't know a lot of mods in your load order so i can't really tell if they're stable on their own, even less in combination, but as long as they don't directly conflict with each other like doing the same stuff, editing same places, same event (like OnHit or something)... in my experience other things are much more important to keep a game stable.

1. Don't remove scripted mods midgame. Just don't. If you really need to get rid of a mod, consider your save screwed and start a new game from scratch. Save game cleaners are worth a try, but don't be surprised if they don't do magic.

2. Less risky but still may screw your save: avoid changing load order mid game (ANY! mods) and updates of scripted mods. I know both is sometimes just not possible and i won't tell you to never do it but... be aware that it's entirely possible to fuck things up that way. Keep backups of old versions and load orders + saves before doing any change, so at least you can go back if things become messy.

3. Use ENBoost, crash fixes, unoffical patches,... possibly more, but others might depend on our setup and hardware. Those three are mandatory.

4. Check your mods possible settings for regular scans, updates,... and reduce these values as far as you can stand it, in case of doubt start with high values and reduce them bit by bit till you feel comfortable. My first candidate when i start a new game is creature framework, i also entirely disable the SL aroused integration.

Essientially you want to avoid that multiple mods run too many scripts at the same time, reducing how often they run scripts is no guarantee but it helps without losing much if anything. Similar for mods adding NPCs, especially in combination with mods that scan every NPC in a cell or area. Not entirely impossible to combine such mods, but definitly risky. 

To test if you're still good you could go to the most crowded place (interiors preferable because it's easier to tell where a cell starts/ends) with logging enabled, maybe stay there a while. Then search your papyrus log for stack dumps. If there are any, it's too much.

I use ENBoost, crash fixes, unofficial patches. Every time I delete a plugin, I start a new game. Maybe you know about Papyrus logs?

3 hours ago, Aseby said:

I use ENBoost, crash fixes, unofficial patches. Every time I delete a plugin, I start a new game. Maybe you know about Papyrus logs?

I know quite little about papyrus logs, honestly. My general impression after years is that they're overrated, the only thing that is really bad in any case are stack dumps which i already mentioned in point 4.

Aside from that they don't really tell that much regarding crashes, that's not their purpose either, what they're meant for is to show a mod author the error when there is a bug in his mod, there they actually are quite helpful in many cases but rather for the author (or at least people who can read the code) of a specific mod with a specific bug than a user.

Archived