Costume Customizer Mod (v2.5.2) - Added Yukino Support, plus skin/shadow fixes and additional menu.ini fixes

@KuroKaze78 Can you please tell me why F3 isn't working anymore? I literally had everything working just fine and then the game updated and now I can no longer pull up the F3 menu. Cntrl-F3 still works though. I have run the update.bat file as an admin. I have hit F10 and cntrl-alt-F10 and all the other things I can think of. I did not take out or add any new files. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks.

@firefish59 - the *_Default.ini files aren't used anymore, they are included so that anyone that has an older version gets them overwritten to empty files. Now, you just have to reload using F10 when you have the settings the way you want. So, either delete the *_Default.ini files or at least delete all the contents of those files.

@BigChelsea88 - Make sure you have Takao/Dewa equipped and currently visible. The normal clothing menu doesn't open up unless its currently on-screen (defaults to the character/swimsuit tab detected). The CTRL+F3 menu allows modification of the custom materials which is available to use by other non-CC mods if they are set-up for it which is why I didn't restrict it to the Takao/Dewa on-screen.

• KuroKaze78 changed the title to Costume Customizer Mod (v2.2.1) - Custom Material Functionality - Phase 1 (Fixed shader issues)

Released v2.2.1. If you are using v2.2 you'll want to update even if you don't immediately notice a bug on v2.2. This ideally should fix wide variety of seemingly random graphical issues that are tied to the custom material menu affecting regular suits, the body, the background and potentially other things its not supposed to alter. Never technically figured out why it doesn't always mess up and why it seems pretty consistent when the bug does occur, but the new method appears to be less error prone.

For modders, the toggle to enable a mesh to be altered by the material menu has been changed to ps-cb11 which was an unused constant buffer, not that I know of any public mod that makes use of this yet.

Hi KuroKaze

Thank you for your great mods and resources!

I'm currently playing around with the cc with the modding resources,

I tested on the autumn schoolwear and it work well except some small areas:

First, armpit is quite difficult for me. I guess this is because the weight for this area is linked to the arm, so there will be holes if the arm moves.

531788513_QQ20210623163112.png.6c0a2eb71e05747997af6e9b91dd36fa.png

and for accessories like the tie, it will be seperate into left and right parts and will collide with each other (maybe related to breasts movement?)

1735118470_QQ20210623163445.png.9a23f60e55788352750e6c007f76c9f2.png

I'am really new to modding so can you give me some suggestion on these problems?

Many thanks!

Hi,

this week i get my first Dewa swimsuit (Monica/Steam). But it does not work. If I put it on, she has no arms and legs and i can see shadows on her skin from the takeo swimsuit.

The takeo suit works perfect. I usw HI-Metal skin and till now i cant find another Dewa mod that could make the conflict. 

And i change back from 2.2 to 2.1, but it is still the same problem.

Thanks for answering and helping.

Edited by teddie62
On 6/26/2021 at 3:32 AM, teddie62 said:

Hi,

this week i get my first Dewa swimsuit (Monica/Steam). But it does not work. If I put it on, she has no arms and legs and i can see shadows on her skin from the takeo swimsuit.

The takeo suit works perfect. I usw HI-Metal skin and till now i cant find another Dewa mod that could make the conflict. 

And i change back from 2.2 to 2.1, but it is still the same problem.

Thanks for answering and helping.

Same here, takeo's body mesh changes take effect on dewa body, I thought they were independent from each other. Is there a way to fix it? Thank you.

@bigwiet86 - Glad someone pitched in on that, there's also more notes on the v2.0 release notes: 

@asahibito - Mod-Pack Installation instructions are listed on the download page of CC, but to your point I should replicate them in the README in the mod and I'll do so in the next release.

@linrjun - Regarding vertex weight painting, theres generally 2 ways to do it, either transfer weights and make adjustments as needed or if its has weight paint to a similar skeleton you can attempt to match the vertex group order. There is a example of what I mean when I say match the vertex group order posted here: 

If you go the route of doing weight transfers then generally you can get some better results with merging duplicate vertices so that you don't end up with splits at the seams. However, this will also mess up the original normals so you may want to transfer the old normals back from a unmodified copy of the original mesh. Removing duplicates is done by just going into Edit mode, selecting all vertices, and then choosing the menu item for Mesh > Vertices > Remove Doubles. I show how to transfer normals as part of matching the seams (just ignore the vertex group creation and transfer the normals for all the vertices rather than a single vertex group) in the section "Fixing seams on body mesh" in the 3rd post of this topic.

Edited by KuroKaze78
Fixed link for vertex group matching example

@Mushi0204 - If you use the same key combo for the tab you are on it will cycle the pages.

F3 to open the menu at the Preset tab,

` to go to Presets 25-48 (already on preset tab)

` again to go to Presets 49-64

CTRL+2 to go to bra tab (1-24)

CTRL+2 again to go to next page of bra tab (25-48)

CTRL+2 again to go to the next page of bra tab (49-64)

` to go back to Preset tab (1-24)

2 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@Mushi0204 - If you use the same key combo for the tab you are on it will cycle the pages.

F3 to open the menu at the Preset tab,

` to go to Presets 25-48 (already on preset tab)

` again to go to Presets 49-64

CTRL+2 to go to bra tab (1-24)

CTRL+2 again to go to next page of bra tab (25-48)

CTRL+2 again to go to the next page of bra tab (49-64)

` to go back to Preset tab (1-24)

AH! so that's it!

Understood! Thank you so much !

Hello, I have a simple suggestion for a future update, unless something like this already exists.

Can you make it so the slots are numbered on the overlay screen?  It says 0-24, 25-48, etc, however I jump between CC mods a lot and I frequently find myself having to count "25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, ah, 31!" more often than I'd like.  It'd be a simple quality-of-life update.  Heck, if you wanted to be fancy you could make it a toggled overlay just in case I'm the only one too stupid to require such a feature.

On 6/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, linrjun said:

Hi KuroKaze

Thank you for your great mods and resources!

I'm currently playing around with the cc with the modding resources,

I tested on the autumn schoolwear and it work well except some small areas:

First, armpit is quite difficult for me. I guess this is because the weight for this area is linked to the arm, so there will be holes if the arm moves.

531788513_QQ20210623163112.png.6c0a2eb71e05747997af6e9b91dd36fa.png

and for accessories like the tie, it will be seperate into left and right parts and will collide with each other (maybe related to breasts movement?)

1735118470_QQ20210623163445.png.9a23f60e55788352750e6c007f76c9f2.png

I'am really new to modding so can you give me some suggestion on these problems?

Many thanks!

Can you share this mod ?

On 7/9/2021 at 7:55 PM, chalombobo said:

Can you share this mod ?

Unfortuanately I have many issues unsolved.

The weight for the coat is very messy and I cannot make the bottom part move with the wind, and hence I cannot make skirt moves with wind.

everything at the upper-breast part will collide with each other just like the tie.

Thus this costume looks terrible when the character moves.

But if you still want to try it, I'm glad to share :D

2046508733_DOAX_VV2021-07-1121-50-45.jpg.77d37801fde4805d43d91d39ddbf700c.jpg

autumn.zip

Edited by linrjun

Sorry, I've been on vacation (w/o my laptop) for the past week.

@SolomonSTB1973 - So I don't want to get too deep into many features like that, but what I can do is add a page-specific draw call that I'll leave empty that can be modded into a menu customization. Using that I could make something similar to what you're asking for I just don't want to make it standard.

@Miracle1999 - If you are still trying to figure it out.

• CostumeCustomizer_v2.2.1 - Use this to manual install the first time.
  • CostumeCustomizer_PATCH_v2.2.1_(for v1.0+) - Use this to patch CC to the identified version. The version in ( ) states what older version this patch is applicable for. Generally I'm able to only need a single patch for any version now but I used to prepare 2 patches in the past.
  • vvmm_CostumeCustomizer_v2.2.1 - This is to install using ModManager using it's .zip mod pack installation. Turn on "Options > Show .zip mod packs" and then right click ".zip mod packs" and select "Open Location". Drop vvmm_*.zip files in that folder and when you refresh it should allow you to install using Mod Manager.

@tesukawenxuan - As of v2.0, I have to identify the hash of each character's head shadow mesh (its a real low-poly head mesh rather than it reusing the full character mesh) to identify each girl. The fact that she has no shadow is a good sign since it means her hash should be unique (unlike some characters... Patty... :( ). I should have time to release an updated version either tonight or tomorrow for Elise.

9 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

Sorry, I've been on vacation (w/o my laptop) for the past week.

@SolomonSTB1973 - So I don't want to get too deep into many features like that, but what I can do is add a page-specific draw call that I'll leave empty that can be modded into a menu customization. Using that I could make something similar to what you're asking for I just don't want to make it standard.

@Miracle1999 - If you are still trying to figure it out.

• CostumeCustomizer_v2.2.1 - Use this to manual install the first time.
  • CostumeCustomizer_PATCH_v2.2.1_(for v1.0+) - Use this to patch CC to the identified version. The version in ( ) states what older version this patch is applicable for. Generally I'm able to only need a single patch for any version now but I used to prepare 2 patches in the past.
  • vvmm_CostumeCustomizer_v2.2.1 - This is to install using ModManager using it's .zip mod pack installation. Turn on "Options > Show .zip mod packs" and then right click ".zip mod packs" and select "Open Location". Drop vvmm_*.zip files in that folder and when you refresh it should allow you to install using Mod Manager.

@tesukawenxuan - As of v2.0, I have to identify the hash of each character's head shadow mesh (its a real low-poly head mesh rather than it reusing the full character mesh) to identify each girl. The fact that she has no shadow is a good sign since it means her hash should be unique (unlike some characters... Patty... :( ). I should have time to release an updated version either tonight or tomorrow for Elise.

That would be nice.  Alternatively you could try another improvement where instead of the slot folders NEEDING to be named

"1"

"2"

"3"

they could be named, for example,

"1 - Nurse Outfit"

"2 - Schoolgirl Outfit"

"3 - Jeans Mod"

You follow?  I've tried doing that but then it doesn't recognise the folder. Either this or the overlay would make life quite a bit easier for me

Edited by SolomonSTB1973

@SolomonSTB1973 - Renaming the folders would require modifying the INI files every update which would be too risky/error prone likely. I'd suggest trying out Mod Manager if you need help managing which mod is in which slot as it'll show what mod packs are installed in each slot.

Anyhow, I've uploaded version v2.2.2. It adds official support for Elise and custom page-specific menu overlays.

Be sure to use this file if you use CCModPackGenerator to specify custom skin files for Elise.

CCModPackGenerator.exe.config

Below is a potential template for specifying page-specific menu overlays. Its just a INI mod (can be installed anywhere in the Mods folder) that populates the empty resources in CC. This template does just have fully transparent images so installing this won't really do anything unless you add something to the image files and the graphics are essentially full screen overlays (recommended 1920x1080 at a minimum resolution).

ThemeTemplate.zip