ATTENTION ALL MODDERS (and not just because I'm drunk.)

Kashiwaba Tomoe

Even those I argue with all the time.

Thanks.

Bethesda makes really really shitty sub par games, and you guys turn the money I spent (or bandwidth used) into a good investment, rather than a waste, becasue without mods bethesda games would not be worth but a few playthrus, if even that.

If anyone from bethesda important enough to change shit is reading this, you are part of the problem and you suck, and I personally would laugh if you stepped into traffic.

I also feel the reason to play Bethesda's games is mods. They are what give the games their replayability. I actually bought a computer in order to play Fallout 3 with mods. I had the Xbox version, but reading about the various mods made me realize how much better the modded game is.

An additional note: I actually bought Oblivion again after looking at the mods here.

So, thank you modders!

I've gone through Fallout 3 about 10 times with something like 200 hours and I barely have the thing modded at all. If anything, I've dropped most mods (save for spawn increasing) because they either don't add anything I want to keep or they make it more crash prone.

Aside from the graphics extender and the code patch, I have two mods in Morrowind; better bodies and one that adds mainland Morrowind.

New Vegas, though, that thing is modded to Hell and back. Mainly because outside of the expansions, base NV isn't really interesting on its own.

It occured to me Bethesda makes their games the way they do because they know people will mod them. Think about it: they get to do half the work yet still charge us full price for an incomplete game, then sit back while fanboy programmers do the rest for free.

That said, I really do like vanilla TES games. I think we take for granted how complex they are. Sure, they could be better and people make them better through mods, but vanilla Skyrim still surprises me even now. Just last night I discovered a new location I never knew was there. I'm sure I'll find more, especially when I get around to actually completing the main storyline (if ever).

I think i should post my mod on loverslab sometime.

Yes. Yes you should.

I don't have to make a better game to tell you that Bethesda puts out sloppy, bug ridden games, just like I don't have to make a better movie to tell you that, say, Star Wars: Episode 1 was a bad movie.

That's my problem with Bethesda; they put out buggy messes and then, ultimately, leave it to the fans to clean up the mess as best they can with modding. Thank sweet, delicious cheese that they DO put out modding tools, otherwise their games would be, in some cases, borderline unplayable.

But atleast they're not Obsidian.

It occured to me Bethesda makes their games the way they do because they know people will mod them. Think about it: they get to do half the work yet still charge us full price for an incomplete game' date=' then sit back while fanboy programmers do the rest for free.

[/quote']

Actually I think they only do half the work because they're unable to do the other half.

I mean lets face it they've utterly fucked up the Fallout series, and keep dumbing down TES.

I've played all the Fallout games; I don't see how Bethesda fucked up the series. Yes, Fallout 2 has a more engrossing world than 3 and NV combined, but it comes at a price; one cannot simply jump into Fallout 2, play for a while, leave and then pick it back up.

Fallout 3 and NV are different, but they're much more friendly to people who want to have a blast and then set it down for a while. AND THAT'S THE POINT OF GAMES, TO HAVE FUN. I love the older games, but I don't find myself sitting down and playing them again and again. With Fallout 3 and NV, I have quite literally played one of them every day for about half a month now, for multiple hours.

I don't understand this concept that Bethesda is somehow this evil force that destroyed Fallout that so many people have.

I played 1 and 2 for the story, and when I finished them I put them down, content with the plot I had gotten. I play 3 and NV for running around, blowing shit up and exploring, and when I'm done for the day, I almost want to jump back in because I had fun, even if the stories are shit and the worlds they present aren't as deep and amazing.

I played FO/FO2 steadily for over ten years before I dropped below the at least one long session a week threshold steadily, and there were still things I hadn't done more than 2-3 times. F3, and to an extent FONV (in part due to the weak RPG aspects of the engine) are very poor Fallout games that are very shallow in comparison.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm one of those people that picks up an RPG and thinks: "I wonder what the coolest outfits look like..."

You can call me a complete and utter noob, but I haven't touched anything before FONV. I bought the Bethesda bundle on steam, came with FO3 (game of the year edition), FONV, Morrowind and Oblivion, amongst some other under-the-radar games.

My point is that what I didn't know couldn't hurt me. I started Oblivion about a year ago, I only realised you could have boobies in it about 4 months into playing it.

Now that I mention it, I can't stand the site of oblivion with no mods. Being the item collector that I am, I can play a game for ages just collecting all the guns / swords / armours / clothes purely because they look pretty. And that's exactly it. As long as graphics look decent, I can play anything.

I've played all the Fallout games; I don't see how Bethesda fucked up the series. Yes' date=' Fallout 2 has a more engrossing world than 3 and NV combined, but it comes at a price;

I'm not even going to read anything else you wrote, because of this.

one cannot simply jump into Fallout 2, play for a while, leave and then pick it back up.

That, sir, is the fucking point.

Bethesda makes games with handy 'go kill here' arrows for attention span deficient (and this is a pothead here mocking peoples attention spans) console kiddies, where Fallout and Fallout 2 were designed to play as close to a pen and paper RPG as possible to reasonably do alone on a computer in the late 1990s.

Oh wait I did read the whole post, I was just too stoned to realize I had allready replied.

lol

I'm one of those people that picks up an RPG and thinks: "I wonder what the coolest outfits look like..."

You can call me a complete and utter noob' date=' but I haven't touched anything before FONV. I bought the Bethesda bundle on steam, came with FO3 (game of the year edition), FONV, Morrowind and Oblivion, amongst some other under-the-radar games.

My point is that what I didn't know couldn't hurt me. I started Oblivion about a year ago, I only realised you could have boobies in it about 4 months into playing it.

Now that I mention it, I can't stand the site of oblivion with no mods. Being the item collector that I am, I can play a game for ages just collecting all the guns / swords / armours / clothes purely because they look pretty. And that's exactly it. As long as graphics look decent, I can play anything.

[/quote']

You should get Fallout and Fallout 2 if you like collecting and playing long ass games, because in that engine there are even verbose descriptions and even an actual picture of the item.

Here's an old thread about an ironman playthru, has pics that should prove useful in seeing how FO is supposed to look.

Archived