Wicked Whims Causes the game to lag

• 3 weeks later...

There is literally nothing that indicates WickedWhims causing any noticeable lag to the game logic. And without more information to verify or test makes it impossible to help you.

You can consider sending your save game and explaining the process that makes your game come to that critical point. I will be glad to see it myself, if it's in fact related to the game or WickedWhims.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:23 AM, lovelyxsimmer95 said:

I'm having issues when sims are just standing or sitting there while this mod and animations was still in the game its getting really annoying, can someone help me with this issue?

Same issues on populated lots. Without WW, there are no simulation lags. 

Sorry for my Eng.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

same here it seems wicked whims, demands so much memory use that it lag's the game whenever there are more than 3 sims in the same area. this has happened before in the old versions of wicked whims where the game would just have an Extreme Stuttering and Lagging to the point of the sims no longer responds to commands. this issue was addressed with the few recent updates after that but now it seems that the Lag is back once again and even worst this time as it will sometimes completely freeze the game to a halt that you have to force restart the pc. which i had done a couple of times since the recent WW. has brought a lot more problem than it claims to have been fixed. as for the mod author who made this hopefully he/she is reading these complaints, and fix these mess that the recent version has brought. 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:52 AM, Psydeffexclone said:

same here it seems wicked whims, demands so much memory use that it lag's the game whenever there are more than 3 sims in the same area. this has happened before in the old versions of wicked whims where the game would just have an Extreme Stuttering and Lagging to the point of the sims no longer responds to commands. this issue was addressed with the few recent updates after that but now it seems that the Lag is back once again and even worst this time as it will sometimes completely freeze the game to a halt that you have to force restart the pc. which i had done a couple of times since the recent WW. has brought a lot more problem than it claims to have been fixed. as for the mod author who made this hopefully he/she is reading these complaints, and fix these mess that the recent version has brought. 

Stuttering and freezing can also be caused by other things...

Low end Laptops without enough memory and 2 core CPU's, even some older 4 cores really only have 2 actual cores.

Along with the integrated graphics that share main memory.

Will struggle to play the game sometimes even without any mods.

Too many other script mods installed besides Wicked.

Not deleting your localthumbcache regularly.

In my case, with a decent desktop PC, had that problem too.

Since I was bored I decided to have my male PC sim knock up 100 female NPC sims.

Ageing was set to Long Lifespan and also added more age span with MCCC.

My sims was already either friendly or romantic with almost every female sim in every town, including service sims.

After all my children were born I aged them up all the females to teens.

Now my sims relationship panel was so full I had to scroll down quite far to hit the end and that's when my game started stuttering even in BB mode.

(I'd been playing this save for 3-4 months)

I had to use MCCC to delete my sims relationships of like 100+ townies.

(Stuttering quit after this)

It's not so easy to remove relationships with children and relatives though.

So I ended up also deleting around 30 of my male children.

Then changed the lifespan back to short and let more sims die for a week.

But I'd like to see a stripped down simple version of WW myself. 

• 1 year later...
On 10/20/2018 at 4:53 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

There is literally nothing that indicates WickedWhims causing any noticeable lag to the game logic. And without more information to verify or test makes it impossible to help you.

You can consider sending your save game and explaining the process that makes your game come to that critical point. I will be glad to see it myself, if it's in fact related to the game or WickedWhims.

Game Version: 1.77.131.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19043 | Created at: 2021-08-10 18:25:40.536948
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v165e\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v165e\zone_tick.py", line 81, in _turbolib_zone_game_update
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 485, in update
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\filters\sim_filter_service.py", line 749, in update
Cause: Exception while updating the sim filter service..
---------------

Game Version: 1.77.131.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19043 | Created at: 2021-08-10 18:25:32.440452
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v165e\injector.py", line 26, in _wrapped_function
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\masked\v165e\zone_tick.py", line 81, in _turbolib_zone_game_update
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\filters\sim_filter_service.py", line 749, in update
---------------

Game Version: 1.77.131.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19043 | Created at: 2021-08-10 18:25:32.406444
---------------

1) I tried to use older versions of WickedWhims too. 165e doesn't even start, while all versions from 165f have the lag problem (more noticeable in the 165h)

2) it seems that the problem is related to the time you spend in a specific zone. Not sure about other lots, but the problem becames very noticeable in your home lot, because you spend most of the time there.

3) it's incremental: the more time you spend in the lot, the more noticeable becames; it's like a procedure or a service that keep running but for some reason is called again and again, and each instance is lagging the game interface more and more; anyways, it accumulates over time

4) it lags the radial menu but also the ability to change your sim; you have no lag while panning around the lot or moving the camera

5) it affects item placing in builder mode too; 

6) changing lot will reset the problem (you start smoothly and over time the lag accumulates again)

7) the problem is only noticeable if WickedWhims is installed; if you remove it, the game will work normally

Hope this will help to solve this issue, because I really can't play the game without Wicked Whims installed and working :(

I don't know, maybe it is because computer specs? I guess ww needs a lot of memory? No idea. But mine runs perfectly fine, 38 Gb of custom content, 650 sims in the world, 40 max sims in area, very packed areas sometimes for example nightclubs...And i only have lag when entering and exiting build mode (like almost everybody else). Maybe there are other mods conflicting with ww? I play in a desktop pc, maybe it is a problem with laptops? Anyway cottage living made game performance much worse for most people, maybe it is another factor that causes the lag?

2 hours ago, Elei-Mi-Shill said:

7) the problem is only noticeable if WickedWhims is installed; if you remove it, the game will work normally

Remove all your other Mods and CC and test only Wicked + Animations.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder.

Load and test game but don't make any new saves, just exit when done.

You should also load a new save.

Chances are you have another mod breaking Wicked Whims.

Which mod do you prefer to keep.

If WW alone still causes problems try doing a Game Repair next.

Edited by Scorpio
On 8/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, Scorpio said:

Remove all your other Mods and CC and test only Wicked + Animations.

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder.

Load and test game but don't make any new saves, just exit when done.

You should also load a new save.

Chances are you have another mod breaking Wicked Whims.

Which mod do you prefer to keep.

If WW alone still causes problems try doing a Game Repair next.

Ok, sorry for the delay, but it require about an hour on the same lot before the problem start kicking in (it's incremental as something was left hanging, I already said that).

I tried reinstalling the mods one at the time. Excluding the cosmetic packages (clothes, hair, make-up) that, I suppose, are not related, I installed also

WickedWhims (of course)
TURBODRIVER_Intersex_TuningOverride

MCCC (2021 1.1)
andrew_craftables
derp_HentaiPaintings_v1.02

I have almost all the most recent animations for wickedwhims.

Right now I'm not experiencing lag, but I still need to wait for some more time to be sure.

What I left behind (didn't install) is 

[Buckley]TabModeCameraMod
The Sims 4 Community Library
The Sims 4 Control Menu

I also left behind some older animations and some older clothings and hairstyles.

14 minutes ago, Elei-Mi-Shill said:

TURBODRIVER_Intersex_TuningOverride

Not sure what that is but I don't use it.

15 minutes ago, Elei-Mi-Shill said:

[Buckley]TabModeCameraMod

This one is fine to leave installed it's mostly harmless

16 minutes ago, Elei-Mi-Shill said:

The Sims 4 Community Library

This one causes problems more often than not.

16 minutes ago, Elei-Mi-Shill said:

The Sims 4 Control Menu

No Idea but I'd be skeptical about it.

Because I've never heard of it I guess.