A beginner's question

DukeNauticus

Not sure if the thread is right for this question, but anyways...

I've had Oblivion on my computer for quite a while and I added tons and tons of mods to it from these forums. Wasn't too hard to figure out the load order for all the mods and such, especially with the Quick Installation threads and all so thanks for that.

But now am getting down to adding mods to Skyrim so I was just wondering exactly what all mods do I need? I do believe I need some sort of platform in order for the mods to work, such as "Lovers with PK" was on Oblivion, but it seems on Skyrim there ain't any sort of help thread that would explain what all I exactly need, not that I saw one at least when browsing through a bunch of threads.

So yes, could someone point out to me exactly what do I need, if it ain't too much trouble?

Not sure if the thread is right for this question' date=' but anyways...

I've had Oblivion on my computer for quite a while and I added tons and tons of mods to it from these forums. Wasn't too hard to figure out the load order for all the mods and such, especially with the Quick Installation threads and all so thanks for that.

But now am getting down to adding mods to Skyrim so I was just wondering exactly what all mods do I need? I do believe I need some sort of platform in order for the mods to work, such as "Lovers with PK" was on Oblivion, but it seems on Skyrim there ain't any sort of help thread that would explain what all I exactly need, not that I saw one at least when browsing through a bunch of threads.

So yes, could someone point out to me exactly what do I need, if it ain't too much trouble?

[/quote']

If you're talking about a centralized sexmod (like LPK or Sexout for FONV), there really is nothing like that for Skyrim yet. Most of what you find here for Skyrim is individual armor/weapons mods, body mods, etc. There are sex mods available both here (mini-lovers) and on Nexus (ASX, AP, Niruins Business Plan, etc). They are pretty much stand alone EXCEPT that they do require FNIS (available on Nexus). That is about as close to a "central" platform as you get. There are plans for something similar to Sexout (DocClox was working on what he calls Sexrim), but nothing complete yet. Remember that Skyrim is still in it's infancy as so it still has a long way to go to get anywhere near Oblivion (or FONV for that matter). That being said, here are some items:

1) FNIS - mentioned this before, but this one is needed for pretty much any sex mod you add. Check the description page as Fore has a list of links for FNIS supported items (on Nexus), both sex and non-sex related.

2) MiniLovers (from here). There are also some add-ons here for ML as well.

3) A body mod (needed for any sex mods unless you're into loin cloth sex :D ). I will suggest 2 for females, not because they are the best looking (you will get tons of arguments for each body type), but because they have armor replacers that are easy to find. CBBE (has lots of options for armor, all linked in the description, including a couple of full vanilla armor replacers) and ADEC (Acdale has a single mod that has vanilla replacers for all armors for the ADEC body). Many people prefer UNP. I don't know of a complete vanilla replacer for UNP, but I'm sure there is one. There are also MANY (MANY, MANY) variations on the body types, both on Nexus and here. Male is limited pretty much to Favored Souls (search by that name and you should find the mod). As with females, there are variations available for males but not many and they pretty much are variations on FS.

For anything else (non-sex), this is a good resource ( http://skyrimgems.com/ ) that has a categorized linked list of mods for Skyrim (from both Nexus and Steam) that the owner has found useful. I've found numerous useful and fun mods there that I never knew existed.

Since you've done Oblivion modding, I probably do not have to tell you this, but read, read, read the descriptions on the mods. Then read them again. Then follow the instructions for install. Almost everything can be done through NMM (or whatever mod manager you use). You can of course manually install. 1 other thing is to download BOSS from Nexus and use it to order the mods (if you don't already have it). It handles almost everything I've downloaded from Nexus and even a few things from here (including MiniLovers surprisingly). You may need to sort some things manually, but frankly I haven't had to do it yet.

Archived