[REQUEST] Sleeping potion mod  / knockout mod request.

[REQUEST] Sleeping potion mod  / knockout mod request.

Hello Lablovers :)

I wanted to place a request here please for a modder/creator to make a sleeping potion mod or knockout mod. I can try to explain both and hope soemone might look at this and think " hmm, i could make that!".

I know even of a game streamer that does a play through on a famous stream site that made a verbal request for such a mod as its amazing there isnt one on Nexus or anywhere.

so...

1) Sleeping potion. This would be a potion maybe with a recipe that could effect NPC's and put them to sleep/render unconscious for a set period of time. Maybe the length of that time is based on the skill level of the alchemist or the potion found. ie, 3 in-game hours, 6, 8, a whole game day. etc. But no longer than a day as i would be worried it might break the game. This potion could be put into a NPC's inventory through stealth pickpocketing. This would then take instant effect or trigger after a short delay causing a collapse animation. Again i have seen this action occur on a streamed 'Lets play' of skyrim SE with deadly poisons that killed NPC's. So the method would work accept in this case the NPC just collapses into a sleep state for a length of time allowing the player to pickpocket them and move on without having killed them.

A good example is if i needed to steal something from a NPC citizen of a hold but had no malice against them so just wanted to knock them out, or a guard to get passed without killing them. Ideally also a script or method added that if conducted while in stealth then no crime occurs as wasn't seen doing it.

2) Knockout mod. This would be a way of knocking out a NPC without a potion. Maybe a small wooden kosh batton or a small club. or even just a hand around neck strangle animation that pauses their breathing and knocks them out. This would be amazing if sneaking up behind someone and you need to render them unconscious in stealth to make no noise. Again the time they remain unconscious would be plenty enough to clear that dungeon or camp etc before they awoke with a sore head hehe.

I believe currently there is no successful mod like this in Nexus or Loverslab. I did see a Stealth Tools/Sneak Tools mod on Nexus but it has so so many other features and sesm to be quite buggy. I hope my ideas are simple and easier to produce.

Thank you for reading through this and if your interested your welcome to message me direct to ask more and i would be very happy to test any version created before you released it..

I really hope someone decides to make this. it would be a popular mod.

2 hours ago, ozscar2 said:

Thank you for suggesting this mod. However as stated before i have read a lot of issues and bugs with it as its a large mod with numerous features and i really didnt nee all of those. I simply wish for a sleep potion or easy stealth way to knock out a NPC be it with a hand held small club, blowdart or bare hands that i strangle them into unconciousness. 

Sadly, I don't know of one. I've been looking for one a while myself. Sneak Tools, is - as you said - buggy and has many odd conflicts. There's also a "Blackjack" (knockout club) mod, but that's even worse - apparently that one's bugs can be severely game breaking.

I'm surprised at how difficult it is to implement a simple sleep/knockout mod.

Paralysis is useful and i have made those but the NPC just goes all rigid and looks a bit overly comical and un-immersive. I just felt a sleeping potion that would make the NPC fall asleep or collapse with a animation would be awesome. Plus if i didnt wish to be a alchemist or use potions and just wished to hit them over the head or use my hands, there is no options other than brawl which is obviously NOT stealthy and would seem even more stupid.

I fully understand people will say ' oh there is paralysis potion so no ones gonna make a sleeping potion'. Just hoping someone might react differently and try. Thats what requests are for i hope.

That does look intersting. it adds the spells into the Illusion perk tree. Only thing i am not sure about is if this would work with the Ordinator Mod that i use as that changes the perk tree s completely. The spell also seems to put them to sleep but makes them wake up the moment your slightly detected by anyone. Also its a big blue ray gun style zap that isnt very discreet and other NPC's will see and attack you. I was hoping for soemthing more subtle and one to one. 

But a spell could be a good idea. Maybe one thats quiet, not so obvious and can be used while in stealth mode and so subtle its not detected by others.

I tired

oops, typo, I meant tried, I lol'd myself

Anyway, I tried Sleep Spells 6 months ago with a thievery play-style in mind.

It works with Ordinator, but I too didn't care for blue ray gun effect.

I did like that they used sleep animation and not rigid paralyzed.

I was able to pickpocket without waking, if perk is high enough.

SmedleyDButler mentioned blackjack mod. I didn't care for the one I tried https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33034

There is also this one, but I never tested it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32670/?tab=files

As I was writing I had a flash back of this mod.

Legend of Dovahkiin-Flute of Time

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69062

I just tried it out. Sleeping npcs had rigid bodies and didn't last long enough.

I'll try a bard playthrough with it.

I'd be dead by the time I whipped out my flute though.

I too was looking for sleep potion. Something like the poison apple mod, but sleep.

I'm following this in hopes of something.

Svengoolie is almost on gotta go. :)

17 hours ago, thesteve812 said:

I tired

oops, typo, I meant tried, I lol'd myself

Anyway, I tried Sleep Spells 6 months ago with a thievery play-style in mind.

It works with Ordinator, but I too didn't care for blue ray gun effect.

I did like that they used sleep animation and not rigid paralyzed.

I was able to pickpocket without waking, if perk is high enough.

SmedleyDButler mentioned blackjack mod. I didn't care for the one I tried https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33034

There is also this one, but I never tested it. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32670/?tab=files

As I was writing I had a flash back of this mod.

Legend of Dovahkiin-Flute of Time

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69062

I just tried it out. Sleeping npcs had rigid bodies and didn't last long enough.

I'll try a bard playthrough with it.

I'd be dead by the time I whipped out my flute though.

I too was looking for sleep potion. Something like the poison apple mod, but sleep.

I'm following this in hopes of something.

Svengoolie is almost on gotta go. :)

The first one is the one I knew about - it's disastrously buggy. Never tried the other one... seems like people have fewer problems with it, though it seems to have fewer features.

What I really wish is that someone could break down Sneak Tools into it's constituent parts so that you could only install the parts you like (or, more importantly, the parts which aren't buggy or as conflict-prone). For instance, I do like the ability to douse lights, but it's simply not worth the hundreds upon hundreds of cell edits Sneak Tools makes to offer this effect.

I suppose if no one else tries, I may end up trying to edit it on my own, just deleting the unwanted sections... but with a mod that fiddly that's somewhat hazardous editing for a neophyte like me.

Yeah i am getting the feeling that my request was just too hard and even maybe impossible to create. I have had a lot of contact and all stating that i should just accept that the paralize potion has to be good enough and a sleeping potion just isnt ever gonna be a thing creatable. So i am loosing hope and faith of ever being a non lethal thief.

I guess i will just have to kill everyone. Shame :(

Maybe they will be clever enough in the next Elder Scrolls game to add one.

So Moderators your welcome to close this topic as its a bit pointless.

49 minutes ago, sophiextime said:

Yeah i am getting the feeling that my request was just too hard and even maybe impossible to create.

I knew I remembered something https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10868/ it adds a bunch of different potions including "
Knock-out Poison: Puts the enemy into a deep sleep until they are attacked.
Suggested by: Dark_ranger
Note: Will never wear off unless they take damage."

Simple just hit them with a training crop you can hit anyone with a training crop and they will not attack you but is just enough to wake them up or put them to sleep as potions can be added to it. only 1hp per hit nobody cares about it lol

Archived