Devious Devices Equip by Inte SE Port

I'm using DDE-5-34-1-SE.zip, installed through Vortex. I get the MCM for DDe, which although I'm new to modding so please feel to correct me if I'm wrong suggests DDe is installed properly. I even randomly got my character wearing an armbinder and ball gag once, something to do with equip random outfit, but could not replicate it. The thing that I think might be happening is that I'm not using the menus correctly. I wondered if a dependency was the wrong version or missing, but I've checked the list several times and seem to have them all and I'm assuming the MCM would not show up for DDe or my fluke mentioned above if that was the case?

When I try to get DDe to work these are the steps I follow. I create a new character, many of my mods show up as ready in messages in the top left automatically after about 30 seconds, including DDe. I then go to the sexlab MCM and install sexlab, after which I get messages about sexlab, the last of which is that it has been installed/is ready (or words to that effect). I then register ZAZ animations with sexlab (don't know if this is needed but it can't harm)? I then select a self-bondage key from the DDe menus and choose some restraints from the library, close the menu and then press the self bondage key, but nothing happens. I'm surely missing a step or not doing something correctly? I've no idea how to edit the json files and don't know where they're stored, so hoping this is not needed.

Edited by Rhapsody39
minor typo