Console no longer opens.

Do anyone have an idea why the console suddenly refuse to open. Yes I know how to use the console normally but now it will no longer open and I had this issue before on other characters. I do not fancy the idea of going back to an earlier save. I tried searching the web but the query is not understood and default to skyrim not starting. That is not the problem.

There are a couple of possibilities.

Has your keyboard layout/language setting changed? Some layouts will have tilde (US) or backtick (UK) on a different key. You can see your input languages under Region & Language in Windows settings. Verify that the key you are pressing is actually producing the character in Notepad.

Do you have recording or streaming software installed, or perhaps an overlay or macro service? One of these applications may be intercepting that key press to do something else which means you'd need to find out which one and change the binding.

Archived