Wickedwhims not working 'error 3' please help!

Hello every one,

I've been searching for a while now and still have no clue how to make my Wickedwhims works so I hope you could help me here!

Error page

1067599249_error3.thumb.png.0ffafce7e33eec6f786bf8139b256f88.png

Some info

-There is no lastException.txt in my Sims4 file, only lastUIException_63666718002, so I pasted it anyway: https://pastebin.com/mbhRc3dT

-My game is up to date (18/7/2018)

-My Wickedwhims is up to date (WickedWhims 3.3.4.129g - 3 July 2018.rar)

-Before WickedWhim, I have download a lot of mods(skins, clothings, ect) and they worked out fine.

-I didn't make any mistakes thatmentioned in: https://wickedwhimsmod.com/help#/installation-mistakes/

What I've done to solve the problem

1. I've read the article about error code 3 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Error-Code-3/td-p/4843120 , my game works great without Wickedwhims so I am aware that the cc content is what caused the error code 3, all I ask for now is a way to play WITH wickedwhims

2. I repaired my game, it didn't help

-I emptied the Mods file, my game works

-I put the 3 files of WickedWhims 3.3.4.129g - 3 July 2018.rar into the empty Mods file, error code 3 still there.

-I emptied the mods file again, moved my saves file to desktop, and put the 3 files of WickedWhims 3.3.4.129g - 3 July 2018.rar back into the mods file, this time no error code 3 popped up, but once I made a new sims and tried to start a new game, this happened.

Capture.thumb.PNG.e0764e8ace73dc6e769d3ebf8104e722.PNG

So in conclusion, my game doesn't work with WickedWhims...

Any suggestions at this point will be much appreciated!!

try this,

remove all file from sims4 mods folder except wickedwhims mod and resource.cfg (you can move it to temporary folder)

delete localthumbcache.package in sims4 folder

delete wickedwhimsmod folder in sims4 saves folder

delete wickedwhimssetting folder in sims4 folder (if you have it)

test create new game ...

18 hours ago, autobanned said:

try this,

remove all file from sims4 mods folder except wickedwhims mod and resource.cfg (you can move it to temporary folder)

delete localthumbcache.package in sims4 folder

delete wickedwhimsmod folder in sims4 saves folder

delete wickedwhimssetting folder in sims4 folder (if you have it)

test create new game ...

Hi, thank you for the help and I did exactly who you said (except for delete wickedwhimssetting folder because I don't have it...) and the error code 3 still exist. Any other sugguestions?

Hi @Lovelypeach

another solution :

try this, update your game if you havent to 1.44.88 version (your LE said 1.44.83 version), or if you already update try repair in origin

rename Electronic Arts folder to "Electronic Arts Old" in your Windows Library Documents

run the game once (this will re-create Electronic Arts folder)

test create new game,

with this step, does the error 3 comes up?

if the error doesnt come, then try re-enable script and mod

exit the game, then put wickedwhims mod only

now re-try create new game, and does the error 3 show up again ?

18 hours ago, autobanned said:

Hi @Lovelypeach

another solution :

try this, update your game if you havent to 1.44.88 version (your LE said 1.44.83 version), or if you already update try repair in origin

rename Electronic Arts folder to "Electronic Arts Old" in your Windows Library Documents

run the game once (this will re-create Electronic Arts folder)

test create new game,

with this step, does the error 3 comes up?

if the error doesnt come, then try re-enable script and mod

exit the game, then put wickedwhims mod only

now re-try create new game, and does the error 3 show up again ?

Hi @autobanned

So I tried this one too xD but sadly it doesn't work neither.

Origin didn't let me update my game so I repaired it, then I rename the EA folder and I run my game without error 3

then just when I put the wickedwhims into my new mods folder, then I opened my game and theres no error 3 pop out but once I tried to add a new sim into the world I still get the blank 'select a world to move into' screen... this is really weird I think. Somehow my sims4 is just not working with wickedwhims mod?

@Lovelypeach

this is a guest, because it should be working..

first guest is wickedwhims mod you download are corrupted

redownload and try put it in mods folder.

and if you familiar with checksum file, here are MD5 checksum for wickedwhims (WickedWhims 3.3.4.129g - 3 July 2018.zip) file ee3f45eaaffaa864de2545b58b244d57

so you can check does your downloaded wickedwhims file mod are corrupted or not

other guest are... did you sync EA folder with onedrive, google drive or any cloud drive?

I have tested this : when I have a new folder "The Sims 4" in my document (backup and delete the recent and lauch game), I can use WW. But if I restore a recent save in the folder document>the sims 4>saves, I have code 3.

And if I lauch game with my save and without WW  it work !

So the problem for me is an interaction between WW and recent save. :)

EDIT : game no playable with WW and without save, crash when I try to move in a new sims in house, when I create a new sims I can't move in a house, my only way is load it from galery but the game crash when I try to move  my sims in a house, and create a folder "scratch" in my saves folder.

If I try to lauch game with new clean save and WW I have code 3 again...

So the problem is between all the save system and WW I think...?

sorry for my english ! bisous

• 3 months later...

Archived