Beth Broke Something Again!

If you are like me, and use follower mods, Beth seems to have broken them. When you go up to someone using EFF or another multiple follower mod, you can't recruit them!

?

But I have the fix!

Click on the bugged npc

Type:
cf "actor.setcompanion" false false
          -To pop-up the prompt to set what settlement the npc should go (i.e. when you can't dismiss your companion)
cf "actor.setcompanion" true true
          -To add the glitched npc to be your companion again (i.e when you can't recruit your companion)

Doing this a few times will allow the "recruit" option to return, also!

?  ? ?

Ok this is worrying me. Was there an update or something? I have write protection on, so I might be safe.

I logged on to see if all of my compaions were no longer under my control and I saw that they were. I summoned a new EDG compaion because you posted you couldn't walk up and recruit, I was able to summon and recruit safely. It could be that your copy of EFF was bugged. (Please note I am guessing.) :)

1 hour ago, AngelPhoenix69 said:

Ok this is worrying me. Was there an update or something? I have write protection on, so I might be safe.

I logged on to see if all of my compaions were no longer under my control and I saw that they were. I summoned a new EDG compaion because you posted you couldn't walk up and recruit, I was able to summon and recruit safely. It could be that your copy of EFF was bugged. (Please note I am guessing.) :)

Won't happen until after a new install, I think.........

7 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Won't happen until after a new install, I think.........

kk, I will look out for that :)

Luckily for me, the last time I had an issue with a forced update despite me having steam off and to update it only when I launch it. Nearly ruined FO4 for me. However, in my topic someone posted to make the launcher read only and this makes it write proof. I do not know if I should do this also for my SKSE launcher.

Archived