[GUIDE] Finding Jack the Belter

Hello!

I personally had some difficulity finding Jack the Belter, which many others also seem to have had. Not only will he appear in a random inn, but he will also move from inn to inn within a certain time interval, making finding him quite bothersome.

I searched throughout LoversLab, but to no avail.

Then I searched on Google for a way to look up NPC RefID's ingame, which I was sad to find was not possible. However, when hope seemed lost, I found a random page stating a method to save all current RefID's to a log file. This allowed me to find Jack's RefID, which I could then use to teleport to his location, and finally end the quest.

The method is as follows:

• Open the console
  • Type: save funclist 1
  • After a few seconds, a textfile will be opened on your desktop with all RefID's.
  • Search for Jack.
  • You will probably find one called Jack the Belter first, but that one seem to be the quest itself. The one you are looking for is simply called Jack.
  • I assume his RefID will be different depending on where the mod is in your loadout, but in my case it was 790B88FF.
  • Then in the console, simply type: player.moveto 790B88FF, replacing the RefID with the one he has in your game.
  • You will be teleported to his location and can talk to him to finish the quest.
  • Done.

Hope this can be of some help to others, as I have seen quite a few struggle with this during my search for an answer on the forum.

If this sort of topic belong in another subforum, feel free to move it.

I also have a method to share, or even two.

Method 1:
Open console, type help Jack
Mostly the last string would be Base ID of Jack.
type player.placeatme (id here)
complete the quest.
Then select new Jack in a console with cursor and type:
markfordelete
So there would be only one Jack in game.

Method 2:
Load the older save, go to The Bannered Mare, select Jack with cursor in a console. Don't close game.
The load the newer save, print moveto player and complete the quest.

BTW i guess those cheats should be -Deviously- banned from the game for better experience. If one doesn't want to play this quest, then they should just disable the quest and that's all.

• 4 weeks later...

Or just disactivate the belter "hardcore mode" global variable ingame via the console (can't remember the exact name but it's there). This allows you to ask innkeepers where he is at the moment you ask (be ready to pay for it though...).

Less shortcut-y but also less cheaty. Just picking him up to finish it instantly is just like not enabling the quest at all

• 6 months later...

The player.moveto command doesn't work for me at all, but the disable hardmode was helpful. The command for it is set dcur_belterquest_easymode to 1. Talking to an innkeeper gives a miniquest of sorts which gives you a new problem, depending on how you play the game and what settings you have. You need to have 10! different bondage items in your inventory for a hint on where he's at. That's not really what I call easy mode.

17 minutes ago, oblivioner12 said:

In my experience Jack seems to stay at Whiterun, so its not as difficult as it seems.

...Until the quest starts. He will leave the Bannered mare the moment you wake up, so unless you were sleeping there and sprint on the road asap to catch him before he gets too far (it happened to me once and worked, caught him near the bridge towards Valtheim towers), well you're fucked.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

here is another method to get rid of jack the belter quest:

open console, type:
setstage dcw_jack 1000
enter

and the quest is done
(i run the code with no belt on, so im not sure what will happened if u still stuck in the belt)
(Boston Devious Helper remove my belt before i even finish the quest, then i cant find jack so i have to use this code to get rid of the quest and reassure the = spawn of cursed loot)

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, Nostalgia said:

Hello!

I personally had some difficulity finding Jack the Belter, which many others also seem to have had. Not only will he appear in a random inn, but he will also move from inn to inn within a certain time interval, making finding him quite bothersome.

I searched throughout LoversLab, but to no avail.

Then I searched on Google for a way to look up NPC RefID's ingame, which I was sad to find was not possible. However, when hope seemed lost, I found a random page stating a method to save all current RefID's to a log file. This allowed me to find Jack's RefID, which I could then use to teleport to his location, and finally end the quest.

The method is as follows:

• Open the console
  • Type: save funclist 1
  • After a few seconds, a textfile will be opened on your desktop with all RefID's.
  • Search for Jack.
  • You will probably find one called Jack the Belter first, but that one seem to be the quest itself. The one you are looking for is simply called Jack.
  • I assume his RefID will be different depending on where the mod is in your loadout, but in my case it was 790B88FF.
  • Then in the console, simply type: player.moveto 790B88FF, replacing the RefID with the one he has in your game.
  • You will be teleported to his location and can talk to him to finish the quest.
  • Done.

Hope this can be of some help to others, as I have seen quite a few struggle with this during my search for an answer on the forum.

If this sort of topic belong in another subforum, feel free to move it.

Thank you very much !!!!