How miscarriage works in Wicked Whims?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

one way to allow your sim to miscarriage with the wickedwhims mod is to be an alcoholic - just by using the bar table and make drinks. with three consecutive drinks, you'll miscarriage. it'll show as a pool of blood on the ground and your baby bump will disappear. the sim moodlet will show miscarriage and she'll be sad for 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm playing with whickedwhims, basemental drugs, and extreme violence. I just had my first ever sim who had a miscarriage, the pool of blood appeared, a wrapped bundle dropped on the ground, but now I don't know what to do with the dead baby. I can place it in my inventory, and my sim keeps auto pathfinding to it to mourn if i place it outside her inventory. It also doesn't turn into a gravestone if you place it outside, so my question is what do I do with it? I can't throw it away (no option for trash), i can' bury it, and i really don't want to hold on to it.

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2020 at 5:31 AM, ohfrednot said:

one way to allow your sim to miscarriage with the wickedwhims mod is to be an alcoholic - just by using the bar table and make drinks. with three consecutive drinks, you'll miscarriage. it'll show as a pool of blood on the ground and your baby bump will disappear. the sim moodlet will show miscarriage and she'll be sad for 2 days.

I have tried multiple drugs, like 25 drinks of alcohol and their needs like almost at starvation and nothing is working. I have basemental drugs, extreme violence, wicked whims, and even littlemssam’s miscarriage and abortion mod. Nothing is working for me.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:31 AM, ohfrednot said:

I have also tried the wicked whims cheat. ww.force_miscarriage and that didn’t work.

22 hours ago, Monsterterrorizer said:

I have tried multiple drugs, like 25 drinks of alcohol and their needs like almost at starvation and nothing is working. I have basemental drugs, extreme violence, wicked whims, and even littlemssam’s miscarriage and abortion mod. Nothing is working for me.

21 hours ago, Monsterterrorizer said:

I have also tried the wicked whims cheat. ww.force_miscarriage and that didn’t work.

I'd guess you have another mod that is conflicting with WW, and is handling the pregnancy. You also have to activly set miscarriage chance to ON, I'm pretty sure it's set to off by default.

I had my sim miscarriage once just from doing the New Years Eve toast, so it can't be that hard. ?

4 minutes ago, Kashked said:

You also have to activly set miscarriage chance to ON, I'm pretty sure it's set to off by default.

I had my sim miscarriage once just from doing the New Years Eve toast, so it can't be that hard. ?

Where even do we find this setting?
I've been wondering ever since I noticed there could be miscarriages with WW, but never found the setting for it.
I only have WW, do we need to have additional mods, like Basemental etc..., for it to work?

Just now, Namikan said:

Where even do we find this setting?
I've been wondering ever since I noticed there could be miscarriages with WW, but never found the setting for it.
I only have WW, do we need to have additional mods, like Basemental etc..., for it to work?

It's in there somehwere... pregnancy settings *I think*. I do believe there are some vanilla things that can cause miscarriage, if you don't take care of your sim, but the big thing is if you combine WW with Basemental, so the chance/risk for miscarriage is very low unless you have Basemental drugs.

5 minutes ago, Kashked said:

It's in there somehwere... pregnancy settings *I think*. I do believe there are some vanilla things that can cause miscarriage, if you don't take care of your sim, but the big thing is if you combine WW with Basemental, so the chance/risk for miscarriage is very low unless you have Basemental drugs.

I've been looking at absolutely all the settings several times in several versions of WW and never encountered this specific one...
I currently use another mod, not linked to WW, that gives miscarriage risks, it has a base chance for it to happen completely randomly and also takes into account what happens to the sim (like having extreme emotions for too long, being hungry, tired, etc...) but I don't think it takes into account anything like drinking and all like WW would do. (By the way, this mod isn't what might cause a conflict here, cos I didn't have it at the beginning and the WW miscarriage setting was already not here).

13 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Wicked Settings > Pregnancy Settings > Other Settings > Miscarriage Switch: ON

Default setting is disabled.

Thanks, but here is how the settings appear for me in the first place :
Capture.PNG.f8d1e539faee2aab5b95031155faa9cf.PNG

No miscarriage option at all.
As I said in my previous post, I've been through all settings one by one several times on different versions of WW, and never encountered anything that seemed to be linked to miscarriages.

Edited by Namikan
3 hours ago, Namikan said:

Thanks, but here is how the settings appear for me in the first place :

No miscarriage option at all.
As I said in my previous post, I've been through all settings one by one several times on different versions of WW, and never encountered anything that seemed to be linked to miscarriages.

I believe you need Basemental Drugs installed in order for the setting to appear.

5 hours ago, Husk said:

I believe you need Basemental Drugs installed in order for the setting to appear.

Some people say we don't need Basemental and they had miscarriages happen without it, and some people say we need it...? I'm kind of lost here. I think I'll just stick to my current miscarriage risks mod and drop the idea to find out about WW's ?

On 5/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, Namikan said:

Some people say we don't need Basemental and they had miscarriages happen without it, and some people say we need it...? I'm kind of lost here. I think I'll just stick to my current miscarriage risks mod and drop the idea to find out about WW's ?

Just confirmed - you 100% need Basemental to have that option in WW ?

18 hours ago, Husk said:

Just confirmed - you 100% need Basemental to have that option in WW ?

Thanks for the info! One long journey of wondering finally over! ?
I might test Basemental one day in one of my saves, but for now I'll just keep my other mod that triggers miscarriages then.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is useful, but I currently use basemental, ww, and extreme violence. My sim became addicted to weed and smoked her 3rd joint and misscarried while rolling up. It appeared as a pool of blood, however I don't have the miscarriage outcome (the baby in the bundle). Not sure if it was removed or not.

• 8 months later...

btw I realized if you are 2nd trimester or beyond it won't miscarry. I think you sort of have to be in that first trimseter stage, but I could be wrong. I just know I had to cheat my character back to trimster 1 and then the ww.force_miscarriage worked for me.