Hey y_sengaku, thanks for the mod !

But... the mesh model for the loincloth is... oddly shaped to say the least. ;)

Really thank you for your comment! 

Well, since I'm really bad at modelling/ mesh weighting,

I just combined DarkSchneiderBS's front-side cloth with vanilla underwear on back side,

with a little adjustment of the shape.

As for the front side, there is little I can do. 

On the other hand, there is room for improvement (even with my current poor skill)

especially on the back/ buttock side of the normal SoS version. 

Hey y_sengaku, thanks for the mod !

But... the mesh model for the loincloth is... oddly shaped to say the least. ;)

Really thank you for your comment! 

Well, since I'm really bad at modelling/ mesh weighting,

I just combined DarkSchneiderBS's front-side cloth with vanilla underwear on back side,

with a little adjustment of the shape.

As for the front side, there is little I can do. 

On the other hand, there is room for improvement (even with my current poor skill)

especially on the back/ buttock side of the normal SoS version. 

I have tried to improve the weighting myself but the result was hardly better than your mesh.

The problem is the front piece of cloth is really small and applying so many bones weights (genital1, genital2,... up to 6) on it is a pain due to the lack of a precise tool (I used Outfit Studio).

As for the rear of the SoS version, I did not notice any oddity. It is actually far better than the front. Only a little bit of clipping with the balls when crouching. :)

I have tried to improve the weighting myself but the result was hardly better than your mesh.

The problem is the front piece of cloth is really small and applying so many bones weights (genital1, genital2,... up to 6) on it is a pain due to the lack of a precise tool (I used Outfit Studio).

As for the rear of the SoS version, I did not notice any oddity. It is actually far better than the front. Only a little bit of clipping with the balls when crouching. :)

I also tried to re-paint/ copy the weight to another mesh both with OS and blender,

but entirely dependent on the original mesh so far.

Just a small tweak for the upper part of the front cloth only.

I didn't have time to re-pack and so on now, but I'll try in this weekend.

[added]: As for the rear part, the best solution for avoiding the possible clipping with thighs

as well as the balls would be the shift of weighting from thighs to skirt bones,

but AFAIK there are very few parallel mod that use such kind of bones.....

Just updated to 0.3, including minor tweaks on the mesh (same as the test version posted above). 

Change Log for 0.3:

•  fomod installer for more user friendly install.
  • small mesh improvement (hopefully).
  • updates alternative mesh optimized for the latest version of SMSOSL.
  • reverts the Weapon Adjustment value (it was my mistake).

I had a look at your updates in NifSkope. I am afraid leather belt will now rub the thighs and cause the pain after some running, jumping and other kinds of atcion, for there's no linen strip underneath (on the sides).

You won't believe, I did once intended to compliment your underwear for this exact feature - linen strip under leather belt  :)

OK, I'll revert the side cloth at least as an option (probably on Sunday). 

AFAIK there are very few examples of male loincloths in the real world that has such features (so I removed them),

but almost all of their belts are made from clothes or soft leather .....

[Added]: Here you are. The alternative mesh with side cloth.

v_0_3_bs_alt_smsosl_test.7z

One practical consideration was taken when I had removed clothes on sides, though.

It is very difficult to avoid clipping with the body during crouching (sneaking) especially in higher weight.

I tried to minimize this issue by re-copying the weight around the hip (as well as slight mesh tweaking),

but my attempts do not work so well in this test version.

I honestly didn't notice any clipping on sides. As for me, the gap between the schlong and front cloth is more important issue. It's noticeable when in erected state. Feels like some sort of static electricity prevents clothes from contacting (touching) the schlong LOL. This unnatural feature definitely breaks the immersion and drives me crazy. That's why I prefer not to apply erection to a NPC with your underwear on. In the soft state it looks cool.

Regarding to the crouching, I always try to avoid crouching for the reason of schlong getting stuck inside the balls. It's a side effect and the chief drawback of hdt, I mean Floppy SOS I have in use. Do you have this issue too?

>the gap between the front cloth and the genital

The current front cloth is unfortunately not large enough to cover more 'fitting' and natural movement. 

It's possibly also due to the second, secret one: the original mod by DarkschneiderBS

may actually have been weight-painted with FEMALE genital bones instead of those of male ones,

and that they are different subtly in their XYZ axises and movement each other.

I'm not so sure about this point (in spite of my supposed 'authorship' of this patchwork),

but I know that switching the skeleton 'inside' the front cloth to male skeleton will stop

the smooth interactivity of the front cloth in accordance with the wearer's schlong

(The easiest way to test this issue is to import/ export the underwear mesh

with 'proper' male skeleton by BS2/ Outfit Studio).

I tried to switch the bones from female ones to male ones, but not succeeded so far.

>the misaligned schlong and balls.

Sorry for not be helpful for your issue: 

I've never used FloppySoS, and almost never experienced such misalignment,

except for some failed experiments of weight-painting around the genitals by myself. 

My PC and other actors not so often go out naked around Skyrim,

so willy-jiggling (in expense of cloak spell by FloppySoS) is not prioritized point for me.

(Bazinga's .xml also enables balls' jiggling, so only the jiggling of the schlong during

the flaccid state is Floppy's specialty, I assume.)

Change log for v 0.31: adds more vanilla-like variant with clothes on both sides as an optional mesh (both for normal SoS and for SMSOSL).

Now you can choose either of two shapes of underwear: One is with cloth slips on sides and another is without one (the latter is the new model in v 0.3).

Originally I also planed to update (an optional) re-texture of the belt, based on soft leather,

but the gloss of the belt remained too strong for softer touch.....

Change log for v 0.31: adds more vanilla-like variant with clothes on both sides as an optional mesh (both for normal SoS and for SMSOSL).

Now you can choose either of two shapes of underwear: One is with cloth slips on sides and another is without one (the latter is the new model in v 0.3).

Originally I also planed to update (an optional) re-texture of the belt, based on soft leather,

but the gloss of the belt remained too strong for softer touch.....

Touching, thanks :angel:

• 1 month later...

I added female model (panties). It's pretty good distributed by your mod. If I remove main clothes, female actor keeps undies on. Then I can remove those as well. Works perfectly.

If you want to update your mod with this my "addon", contact me, I'll gladly share it with you, and give you any information about sources.

fem underwear.jpg

On 2017/11/10 at 7:31 PM, seahorse said:

I added female model (panties). It's pretty good distributed by your mod. If I remove main clothes, female actor keeps undies on. Then I can remove those as well. Works perfectly.

If you want to update your mod with this my "addon", contact me, I'll gladly share it with you, and give you any information about sources.

Thank you very much for your offer. 

I was not sure, however, what sort of model is popular as female model, so I have left female model as blank. 

If I remember correctly, my outfit add-on does not distribute underwear to a few unique actors with distinct outfit record like Vex.

If you wish, I'm also glad to update the outfit add-on as well to incorporate them.

This is UNP body. Of course, there are many variants of UNP. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure which variant is this. This underwear model may fit or may not fit the body type people have in their game - let's put it this way. I am using UNP armor refit. This is exact the same body. Underwear can be used along with those clothes and armor.

Keep in mind, I've made a rough enough editing on this underwear UV maps, when been trying to apply vanilla textures, so there may be some bluring in some areas. Nevertheless, I am quite happy with all female characters in game having recieved underwear distributed by your mods.

Here is a model, which you can easily appoint to your underwearAA, give me a shout if there's something else you need.VanillaUnderwear Female+.rar

Link to underwear model for credits: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69898

Edited by Guest
correction
7 hours ago, seahorse said:

This is UNP body. Of course, there are many variants of UNP. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure which variant is this. This underwear model may fit or may not fit the body type people have in their game - let's put it this way. I am using UNP armor refit. This is exact the same body. Underwear can be used along with those clothes and armor.

Keep in mind, I've made a rough enough editing on this underwear UV maps, when been trying to apply vanilla textures, so there may be some bluring in some areas. Nevertheless, I am quite happy with all female characters in game having recieved underwear distributed by your mods.

Here is a model, which you can easily appoint to your underwearAA, give me a shout if there's something else you need.VanillaUnderwear Female+.rar

Link to underwear model for credits: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69898

Thank you very much for the meshes/ textures. 

I should have been more careful in my (clumsy) English, however, for the 'female model' I meant not for female body replacer, but for the type of underwear (normally) preferred. 

Anyway, thank you again for the asset since I'm not familiar with the underwear mod compatible with UNP that can be used with due credit

(I mainly use CBBE bodyslided one in these days).

I'll work for a little update as well as incorporating the assets from you in a few weeks

(As I PMed to you, I'll have little time especially in the 2 weeks).

Thanks and sorry again for the inconvenience.

• 4 months later...

great mod, thank you for the hard work

i really liked how it interacts with the SOS, although i'm more into partially exposing like a towel for example, wish i can find such mod.

the thing is -and i'm not really quite sure because it has been a long time since i have tried it out with several mods and i cant really remember, therefore please neglect my message if its not applicable- when crouching, the back side acts like a diaper (lol) it wraps inwards, i would have retry it out now to confirm, but now i'm using SAM

43 minutes ago, poisoned said:

great mod, thank you for the hard work

i really liked how it interacts with the SOS, although i'm more into partially exposing like a towel for example, wish i can find such mod.

the thing is -and i'm not really quite sure because it has been a long time since i have tried it out with several mods and i cant really remember, therefore please neglect my message if its not applicable- when crouching, the back side acts like a diaper (lol) it wraps inwards, i would have retry it out now to confirm, but now i'm using SAM

Thank you for your comment!

You are right that the back side wrapping 'issue' while crouching: This mod has indeed inherited such kind of physics from the vanilla male underwear itself.

I have wished to switch the bones (for animations/ not necessarily the real, anatomical) of the back side from the thigh to the 'skirt-bones' for more 'natural' physics, 

but It was too difficult for me to implement by myself and there are very few mod that can achieve it.  

AFAIK RSH II - Lydia Strikes Again is the only one (also) for males. 

Also, I have had difficulty in dealing with 'skirt bones', since they are independent of the 'genital bones (for the animated schlong)'  on the front side

and I have little idea how they can work together (certainly no collision between the skirt-tagged cloth and the schlong).......

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Allannaa said:

Why does this require Dragonborn & Dawnguard to work?  There should be a way to adjust the the item without changing every torso item in the game.  Other clothing add-ons don't require the DLC, and they work just fine.

Simple, it INCLUDES clothing from those add-ons so they are therefore required.

Why does anyone still not have those DLCs these days?  If you don't like a DLC use a mod the "Not So Fast" to disable their main quests so they never start and bother you with their content unless you deliberately go to the Temple on Solstheim or enter the Dawnguard castle.

If you don't have the DLCs then you are in a very distinct minority and should be aware that your mods options are therfore going to be smaller and most importantly that you have no right to question the modder about including DLC support. 

That said, if you still think you have no option consider using TES5EDIT to remove the DLC specific content, you'll need to create an empty ESM file with the name of the DLC loading the mod and then hunting down all the "Unable to resolve reference" entries and finally do a Clean Masters (to make sure you got all the references) to get a mod that doesn't require the DLC(s).  Just don't try this on a mod that more directly uses the DLC content.

31 minutes ago, WaxenFigure said:

Why does anyone still not have those DLCs these days?  If you don't like a DLC use a mod the "Not So Fast" to disable their main quests so they never start and bother you with their content unless you deliberately go to the Temple on Solstheim or enter the Dawnguard castle.

If you don't have the DLCs then you are in a very distinct minority and should be aware that your mods options are therfore going to be smaller and most importantly that you have no right to question the modder about including DLC support. 

That said, if you still think you have no option consider using TES5EDIT to remove the DLC specific content, you'll need to create an empty ESM file with the name of the DLC loading the mod and then hunting down all the "Unable to resolve reference" entries and finally do a Clean Masters (to make sure you got all the references) to get a mod that doesn't require the DLC(s).  Just don't try this on a mod that more directly uses the DLC content.

Ah, okay, including clothes is a very good reason!

As for not having the DLCs?  Well, my housemate has a problem with Dawnguard for reasons I won't go into (The storyline bothers her).  NotSoFast didn't work for her (we never could figure out why!), and I've never figured out how to use xEdit without totally messing up her entire Skyrim life, which then leads to ... ahem... heated discussions?

Her mod options are limited anyway; she basically runs HF and a couple of "Adopt kids" or "Make your house adoptable" mods, but she also likes pretty clothes (Who doesn't, right?  Including pretty undies!)

As for questioning about DLC support, I'm sorry if you took it as a *criticism* because it wasn't indended that way.  I didn't understand that VLSIMU altered the *clothes* as well as providing the pretties.  Therefore, I was simply asking for information, which you kindly provided in your first sentence -- It included changes to those clothes.

And I definitely appreciate your fast answer.  Now I can go happily download your mod (Since I *do* use DB and DG!)

3 hours ago, Allannaa said:

And I definitely appreciate your fast answer.  Now I can go happily download your mod (Since I *do* use DB and DG!)

It's not my mod but if you have your own separate computer or copy of Skyrim and this mod is important enough to you that you want it on hers try doing the work on yours and then after you are confident it works right copying your modded version over to let her try it.

If you share a single computer and a single copy then you ought to be using Mod Organizer so you can each have your own profiles of mods and remember when you update a mod to always install it fully with the mod version as a part of it's name so your upgrade of a mod doesn't become her upgrade of a mod whether she was ready for it or not.  Also keeping separate output mods for FNIS, Wrye Bash etc labeled by profile name so those don't step on each other.

12 hours ago, Allannaa said:

Why does this require Dragonborn & Dawnguard to work?  There should be a way to adjust the the item without changing every torso item in the game.  Other clothing add-ons don't require the DLC, and they work just fine.

7 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

[.......]

Thank you for the question (for Allannaa) and the answer on behalf of me (for WaxenFigure).

In fact, the addition of DLCs as a prerequisite of this mod (VLSIMU) is twofold: 

1. As WaxenFigure illustrates, I 'close' the equipment slot 56 in every Armor Add-on records of vanilla as well as DLC armors/ clothes manually one by one so that underwear should not be protruded from them.  Alternative way of achieving this goal is to employ the script as SoS (-full) does, but I prefer more primitive and script-free way.
  2. The optional outfit distribution list .esp for vanilla NPCs is also another reason to add DLCs (DG/ DB) to a requirement, since both DLCs have unique (additional) outfits record for the added NPCs. To give an example, without special treatment, all the inhabitants of Solstheim (DLC DB) would not make it a rule to put their undergarments on. AFAIK at least one another underwear mod, Undergarments for all, also suffered this symptom (so it now has 'legendary' .esp for the better DLCs support).

Following the new release of SAM Morphs for Racemenu (with much better performance/ functionality of randomizing the body shapes/ schlong

shapes of NPCs than previous SAM based on Racemenu BodyMorph), I also plan to make vlsimu convert to SAM support.  

NO ETA ATM, since I'm still a bit confused about how to convert the outfit to SAM morphes (in accordance with this guideline for the better compatibility).......