It's My Birthday...

I just turned 22 today...No one has said happy birthday to me...mainly because I don't have a job right now, and I'm too socially awkward to go out and make decent friends, or better yet, a decent relationship with a decent woman.

I don't get what my problem is either. I mean, I don't think I look that bad, and I'm pretty sure there's not a note written on my forehead,  WHY am I so afraid to go out and enjoy life?  Fear of rejection? What's the worst thing that could happen? 

I feel very isolated above all else.  Am I alone? is anyone else going through similar hardships that I've been feeling for so fucking long now? 

This isn't self-pity, just brutal honesty :(

You sound like me and have an issue with confidence. I also consider myself socially awkward due to living a introverted lifestyle and I could give you the steriotypical speech of "be yourself/believe in yourself" which is true but this comes easier to others and everyone is different. Best advice I can give you is go out and have fun; just take small steps, not jump in both feet first. Start with your interests then if you're up for it/comfortable enough go try some new things.

As for women I am probably not the best person to give advice to you. Until I get my own confidence up higher than room temperature I will probably live a single life.

I'm like a week late but happy birthday my dude. 
I understand how you feel. I've had social anxiety for like... idk, 6 years now? You stop counting at one point. Can't even look my own sister in the eyes. I still get happy birthday wishes from family and internet friends though, at least. Oh, and this one time in high school, this guy congratulated me on my birthday, but I was extremely confused because I'm not a morning person and didn't even know it was my birthday myself lmao. Felt kinda guilty for being too spergy to wish him a happy birthday back though. High school was nice. I thought I had it bad then, until I went to university. 

You should get a job, definitely a good way to force yourself to leave your house. Kind of hypocrtical of me to say as a NEET though but god I hate job applications, good luck in your quest for a job in advance.

Anyway, unless you can find a nice dom mommy gf that takes full charge of the relationship I think you should focus on getting rid of your social awkwardness first before worrying about a girl, speaking from experience. 

I just turned 22 today...No one has said happy birthday to me...mainly because I don't have a job right now, and I'm too socially awkward to go out and make decent friends, or better yet, a decent relationship with a decent woman.

I don't get what my problem is either. I mean, I don't think I look that bad, and I'm pretty sure there's not a note written on my forehead,  WHY am I so afraid to go out and enjoy life?  Fear of rejection? What's the worst thing that could happen? 

I feel very isolated above all else.  Am I alone? is anyone else going through similar hardships that I've been feeling for so fucking long now? 

If you have your self esteem alright, means maybe the others are the problem. Got me? They can't leave you behind because you don't have a job! that's ridiculous! or because you're not socially acceptable. If they do... they suck. They don't deserve you. 

I don't know if it would help. But I have been through a lot of problems. With everybody else. About a year ago, I broke up with my partner. I just couldn't be anymore with him. Suddenly, everything, everyone went nuts. With me. I ate everything and I fell down to depression. Medication. Lost friends and my cat died. It was horrible. I just couldn't hold anything. I didn't want to eat or anything. Just sleep and sleep. Lost a job, lost weight. And well... when I got out of my down-self esteem bunker, nobody was there. I was pretty much all alone. I started going out with friends again but it isn't the same anymore. Everything that isn't basic socially-acceptable relations (see work) or sex seems impossible. Today I'm what you could say "stable". At least partially stable. Emotionally-mentally stable. But all alone. I go to the cinema, I go to do things but not anymore like before. I have "friends" and a few friends.

Errmm.. sorry about the huge  text above. What I'm trying to say is, you're not alone. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. Just like me.

People won't accept you because they want always something in exchange. We humans are  egoism based lifeforms. Don't let yourself fall down. Maybe you just need to move to other place. Argh, I hate this, it's so hard to try to say what you want to say when you have SO many things to say... I hope I helped just a bit. 

Happy birthday!

You sound like me and have an issue with confidence. I also consider myself socially awkward due to living a introverted lifestyle and I could give you the steriotypical speech of "be yourself/believe in yourself" which is true but this comes easier to others and everyone is different. Best advice I can give you is go out and have fun; just take small steps, not jump in both feet first. Start with your interests then if you're up for it/comfortable enough go try some new things.

As for women I am probably not the best person to give advice to you. Until I get my own confidence up higher than room temperature I will probably live a single life.

I'm like a week late but happy birthday my dude. 

I understand how you feel. I've had social anxiety for like... idk, 6 years now? You stop counting at one point. Can't even look my own sister in the eyes. I still get happy birthday wishes from family and internet friends though, at least. Oh, and this one time in high school, this guy congratulated me on my birthday, but I was extremely confused because I'm not a morning person and didn't even know it was my birthday myself lmao. Felt kinda guilty for being too spergy to wish him a happy birthday back though. High school was nice. I thought I had it bad then, until I went to university. 

You should get a job, definitely a good way to force yourself to leave your house. Kind of hypocrtical of me to say as a NEET though but god I hate job applications, good luck in your quest for a job in advance.

Anyway, unless you can find a nice dom mommy gf that takes full charge of the relationship I think you should focus on getting rid of your social awkwardness first before worrying about a girl, speaking from experience. 

If you have your self esteem alright, means maybe the others are the problem. Got me? They can't leave you behind because you don't have a job! that's ridiculous! or because you're not socially acceptable. If they do... they suck. They don't deserve you. 

I don't know if it would help. But I have been through a lot of problems. With everybody else. About a year ago, I broke up with my partner. I just couldn't be anymore with him. Suddenly, everything, everyone went nuts. With me. I ate everything and I fell down to depression. Medication. Lost friends and my cat died. It was horrible. I just couldn't hold anything. I didn't want to eat or anything. Just sleep and sleep. Lost a job, lost weight. And well... when I got out of my down-self esteem bunker, nobody was there. I was pretty much all alone. I started going out with friends again but it isn't the same anymore. Everything that isn't basic socially-acceptable relations (see work) or sex seems impossible. Today I'm what you could say "stable". At least partially stable. Emotionally-mentally stable. But all alone. I go to the cinema, I go to do things but not anymore like before. I have "friends" and a few friends.

Errmm.. sorry about the huge  text above. What I'm trying to say is, you're not alone. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people. Just like me.

People won't accept you because they want always something in exchange. We humans are  egoism based lifeforms. Don't let yourself fall down. Maybe you just need to move to other place. Argh, I hate this, it's so hard to try to say what you want to say when you have SO many things to say... I hope I helped just a bit. 

Happy birthday!

Dude/

I don't know you from a fucking hole in the wall but fact is from what I see in your post. You are major defeatist shit.

Fuck the agenda. Just go out to. Chill and have fun. In your head just tell enryone to eat a dick.

You are in your head too much. That's the ACTUAL problem. Most people are stupid. When you are smarter than them and overthink things you come off dumber cause you seem preoccupied and undecivie.

Just go out be yourself and tell yourself that it doesn't matter if this chick or dude or whatever you want to jizz in tonight cares?

Just go for it till you can't. Fuck what people think. No second thoughts cause anyone else can eat a fat one. Mentyality!

that's alot of good advice and support guys.  I really appreciate it. 

yeah. I'm sure it will work itself out one day. It's just another phase I guess. 

anyways, thanks for taking the time :)  

• 1 month later...

Archived