Merging meshes in Nifskope

Ches

I have a few armor/clothing sets which I'd like to modify for transparency. For example, this "armor" here:

http://nsfwmods.com/files/file/3-unpb-tekken-tag-tournament-2-unknown-armor/?_fromLogin=1

I mean, naturally, slime should be translucent, right?

My problem is that often, opaque armor/clothing sets don't actually have complete, proper body meshes underneath them. In this case, an underlying body is present but horrifically deformed. Simply making the meshes/textures of the armor translucent would produce a hideous result unless I replace the body itself with a full one.

But how do I go about doing that, exactly? I've tried copy/pasting, but clearly it isn't that simple because I keep running into errors like "Unknown property..." or "Paste branch failed with errors..."

What am I doing wrong? What's the proper method for this sort of thing?

Paste branch failed with errors are caused by missing bone node in one nif. If a nif has breast nodes but the one you are trying to paste the part into doesn't have them you will get that error. If you read the error it will tell you what is wrong.

Best way to do it would be to just use outfit studio to add a new body and adjust it to fit the armor.

Or you could use mesh rigger to add the bone nodes from the one nif into the other nif so that you will be able to paste the parts into the nif. But chances are there will be clipping so you will still have to use outfit studio to remove the clipping.

As mentioned above, that's easiest with Outfit Studio.

Drag and drop your outfit's NIF into the OS frame, then delete the body shape in the list to the right (right-click -> Delete).

Then drag and drop the NIF of the matching body into the OS frame, check for clipping and export the NIF.

Archived