Prostitutes and Brothels in Skyrim: Thoughts and Discussion

I've been looking for something like this for a long time, a straightforward mod that drops hookers into Skyrim, and that's all. Seems to be working fine so far.  A thought about Markarth.  Depending on your take, the Temple of Dibella may complicate things.  Hard for a poor streetwaker to make a living if the Sisters are giving it away for free. Sometime down the line, maybe you could add support for followers? they could use a pickmeup once in a while,  you know, as a reward for all the shit you put them through.

A mod like this could even be the base of a Skyrim wide quest chain if someone was willing to work on the idea.

There could be a quest chain to help the girls out if they have abusive pimps, or even one for the player to end up running all the hookers in Skyrim as some kind of super pimp, possibly even blackmailing wealthy clients.

The possibilities are fairly extensive, maybe even as big as Amorous Adventures.

Kendo sorry to drag this back to Markath but aren't you forgetting about the temple to Dibella that's there? You could have that doing something related (unless you want to leave it to the mod that's already doing something with it.)

Markarth and Dibella.  I haven't forgotten, I'm just ignoring them.  The first time I walked in to the Temple of Dibella; Senna acted sexy and then told me the place was closed.  I thought 'Uhuh, you guys are cloistered prostitutes.'

Cloistered prostitiutes was 'a thing' in the ancient world.  One system had young girls who were forced to go there and stay until somone made a 'donation' to the temple to fuck them.  Pretty girls didn't have to stay long.  Ugly girls were there for a while.  The priestesses there didn't teach the girls anything.  The girls were there to make money for the temple.  It was thier holy/holey duty.

Another system had priestesses doing the fucking.  In this case only devout worshippers would be allowed as customers.  The sex was part of a ritual and the money actually was a donation.

Whatever is really going on at the Temple of Dibella (everything is implied), they are keeping it quiet. Even after the sibyl is returned and the player is Agent of Dibella, they are still keeping it quiet.  To be honest, I think they're bunch of lesbos doing it dirty in perverted rituals to worship ONE aspect of Dibella and they don't want outsiders involved.  Senna's sexy talk is just that; TALK.

Anyway, there is already a mod here that redoes the Dibella temple so I'm not going to mess with it.  In the Roman's Rome there was a temple to Isis where people could fuck the priestesses.  Despite that, there were brothels and girls working the streets.

All of this is just things to think about.  :D

A mod like this could even be the base of a Skyrim wide quest chain if someone was willing to work on the idea.

There could be a quest chain to help the girls out if they have abusive pimps, or even one for the player to end up running all the hookers in Skyrim as some kind of super pimp, possibly even blackmailing wealthy clients.

The possibilities are fairly extensive, maybe even as big as Amorous Adventures.

What I'm focussing on right now is just the street meat.  Placing them into the game world depends on two things; business traffic to warrant hookers and the attitude of the local populace.

Next on my agenda is totally hi-jacking Abelone in Dawnstar and Narri in Falkreath.  Depending on what I can get away with (vanilla cell layouts and so on), they will be full service whores.  I covered some of this in the OP.  ;)

A few comments idea's. For Riften it could also be owned by the thieves guild. Which depending if you wanted to do much work could be a alternative way to get working for the thieves guild. You could add a new door down along the water walkway that leads to the brothel there, it would be out of the way. Or if you want Mavean to own it, you could convert her country house to it. Something else that never really gets used in game and is a large location.

In Solitude you could use the bards college, it was never fully fleshed out and it is a pretty big building. The bards could see sex as a form of art and some of them there practice that kind of art instead.

A few comments idea's. For Riften it could also be owned by the thieves guild. Which depending if you wanted to do much work could be a alternative way to get working for the thieves guild. You could add a new door down along the water walkway that leads to the brothel there, it would be out of the way. Or if you want Mavean to own it, you could convert her country house to it. Something else that never really gets used in game and is a large location.

In Solitude you could use the bards college, it was never fully fleshed out and it is a pretty big building. The bards could see sex as a form of art and some of them there practice that kind of art instead.

I've thought some about the Thieve's Guild and it lends itself to hooking and whoring if a standard fantasy genre is taken into account.  Bethesda didn't do that.  At one point Niruin has a discussion with Rune about starting a brothel, but Rune states that Brynjolf (who is more of a douche than I already thought he was) won't allow it.  This makes no sense.

Street hookers would do duty as informants and pickpockets, as well as whoring.  They would be nominal members of the Thieve's guild, one step above beggars.

Then there is Vex.  I can totally see her sitting in a tavern shilling fat merchants.  She would hook on the side, but only as a means to get close to the really prime targets.  Vex goes to this merchant's house and cases the joint while she's there.  She begrudgingly fucks him and then goes back at a later date to steal everything that isn't nailed down.  This isn't necessarily hooking, but it would be a good cover story for her.  It would keep cautious or suspicious targets from asking questions like 'Why is this hot girl talking to me?' or 'What is she after?'  Her looking for a john would disarm them.

From the game play aspect using the Thieve's Guild would be a pain in the ass.  The conversatation between Niruin and Rune: either the player would have to be far enough along in the Guild quest line to have heard this line OR just simply delete it or block it from happening.  Realistically, anything to do with a brothel would have to start after the player is guild master.  That's a pain in the ass and not worth it.

Maven Black-Briar has possibilities.  In the quest 'Promises to Keep' the player has to steal Frost's lineage papers.  Once the player gets to Black-Briar lodge the place is a dump and there are bandit style mercenaries to fight.

Option 1: Totally redo the lodge and get rid of the mercenaries.  Just make getting Frost more of a cake-walk than it already is.  Who really cares?

Option 2: Have scripted parent objects disable the mercenaries and unwanted items in the lodge and another scripted parent to enable the brothel NPCs and objects.  Once the player completes 'Promises to Keep' the parents are enabled/disabled and the brothel is in place.

I like option #1; get rid of everything and be free to give the lodge a full make over.  All the player would have to do is walk in and take the lineage papers.  What difference does it make if the player doesn't get to fight 8 fucking bandit-types?

Out of all of the locations for a brothel, Black-Briar lodge has a lot of potential.  :)

I don't like the idea of Bards being whores (sorry).  According to game dialogue the bard tradition is respected.  The only NPCs I've heard say snotty things are the guards once the player is a bard, but that's just Bethesda dev nerds doing what they do; making the player feel like a dumb ass.

Well for the Forest quest if you ever decided to add player prostitution it could be done by the player becoming a whore there and then using the freedom to sneak around and steal the papers that way. Still make a quest out of it, just instead of killing people they got to be screwed by them to complete the quest.

As for the Thieves guild I agree with you it is a perfect idea, which is why I suggested it. I also agree it fits as the whores would gather info about good marks and some of the thieves could double up and get first hand knowledge of good marks the regular whores suggested. I understand that one would be a lot of work.

Well, I looked at the lodge and it's as bare as I remember it.  There are only 3 quest items in the lodge; Frost's papers, Sibbi's strongbox (if he tells you about it) and one of those stupid orbiting crown jewels in a box.  All of that stuff is hard references and can be moved around no problem.

The interior design of the place is a joke and I would redo all of it.  It is set up like a maze, not a house or lodge.  I guess the devs did that to make the fighting inside more interesting.  I would do a new layout, redo the nav meshes and add real decorations.

Anyway, the lodge was great suggestion (someone else made it too) and I'm going to start on it after I'm done adding a few more street walkers and hi-jacking Narri and Abelone.  IF I include player prostitution at a later date the lodge is where it will be based and where the player gets 'missions'.

Guest Mogie56

was wondering something (haven't played it yet so I have no clue) are the "street walkers" for the player only? or do random towns folk if so inclined also partake? as in "Sexlab Arousal".   

Player only, though these Windhelm whores will comment on you being alone (no follower).  Once I learn more I might attempt having the player be able to buy a whore for his current follower.  I haven't looked into that though.  Just an idea right now.

Guest Mogie56

Player only, though these Windhelm whores will comment on you being alone (no follower).  Once I learn more I might attempt having the player be able to buy a whore for his current follower.  I haven't looked into that though.  Just an idea right now.

actually that was more of a voyeuristic type of question rather then a follower type but follower works too i suppose. LOL

no biggie though, was just a though.

Love this idea. Once you've got this developed, a Skooma Whore connection would seem logical, if only to increase the number of things the street whores will take as payment. I think that a high priced call girl could work in Whiterun, working on a "they know but they don't know" methodology. I can totally see Avenicci being willing to take bribes to let it happen.

I already have whores accepting skooma or gold; my own payment scheme 'skooma whores ' is already in the mod.  ;)

I really don't like Whiterun so I'm staying away from it.  Hate that town.  BUT when I do the brothel I was intending to have the girls talk about various customers in idle chatter scenes.  I'm sure they'll be mentioning the bachelors (and married men) in Whiterun.  IF I ever do player prostitution with the mod some of the 'missions' could be in Whiterun.

Kendo2 - please, don't forget to work on call girls ;):) I would really love to see them in my game.

In my head, that will only work if the player owns one of the vanilla houses and NOT one added by a mod or HearthFire.  She would need a vanilla location to 'call on'.  ;)

Kendo2 - please, don't forget to work on call girls ;):) I would really love to see them in my game.

In my head, that will only work if the player owns one of the vanilla houses and NOT one added by a mod or HearthFire.  She would need a vanilla location to 'call on'.  ;)

And that's OK. My player already have 4 Vanilla houses in all big cities .... hehe... :)