[Unofficial] BodyGen - docs

Would it work for Fallout 4, or are there diffing sliders that would cause too much incompatibility?

You referring to jBS2BG?

I don't have Fallout 4 so I can't guarantee, but if there are no changes in the format of the BodySlide and BodyGen side of things, then there shouldn't be any problem.

The tool parses every slider in the xml preset, so different slider names doesn't matter.

Would it work for Fallout 4, or are there diffing sliders that would cause too much incompatibility?

You referring to jBS2BG?

I don't have Fallout 4 so I can't guarantee, but if there are no changes in the format of the BodySlide and BodyGen side of things, then there shouldn't be any problem.

The tool parses every slider in the xml preset, so different slider names doesn't matter.

Yes I was. Should work then, thank you very much for the input asdafa :) . I have just had 3 beers but I will give it a go, and If I stay sober long enough, report back.

-------------------------------------------------

EDIT 1:  1st Report er no. Breasts were mighty fucked up, really scurnched/compressed. This was on a large breasted template to test for visibility's sake. Will reverse a few negatives, see if it helps. (p.s) 4.5 beers)

EDIT 2: Ugh, it is not an straight forward one. 5 beers in.

Edit 3: POSSIBLY Breasts, and BreastsNewSH)(**see edit5) Should NOT be negatives. " - "

Edit 3a:  Absolutely not BreastsSmall2

Edit 4: Nor is it BreastsTogether or BreastsGone that need their minuses reversed. It actually looks very close to Bodyslides Preview, but I think in game they could be a little closer together. Difficult to know if that is down to the "triangle slider" or breasts physics, or if its an actual failing in the conversion translation. Also 7 beers. Or 8. Definitely passed 6 as I have moved onto the cheap stuff

EDIT 5L Beer 8 Reveals BreastsNewSH unlikely to be broken as it works fine on "thin" bodys". God fucmking damn it. Ima have to do this sober, likeluy properly arent I? Unless  someone maybe hopefuly has already figured it out pleas?

Edit6, Fucking beer, this is dumb

Edit 7, the next morning:

Breasts Small  SHOULD be a minus (reverse it from tool output).

Breasts Should NOT be a minus (reverse it from tool output).

i don't understand why BodyGen receives so little attention (...)

1. it's undocumented, like everything Expired releases, and hidden from public
  2. its too annoying (and confusing for inexperienced users) to manage templates manually
  3. apps to manage/generate templates are undocumented and hidden from public (they are also unintuitive, require too much setup, and may be confusing for inexperienced users)

EDIT 1:  1st Report er no. Brests were might fucked up, really scurnched/compressed. This was on a large breasted template to test for visibility's sake. Will reverse a few negatives, see if it helps. (p.s) 4.5 beers)

Does LooksMenu allows in-game bodysliding?

If it does, a part that increases in size when its slider goes to lower values is usually an inverted one. Take note of those parts. Otherwise, it'll be trial and error.

But really though, someone should document these sliders.

Edit6, Fucking beer, this is dumb

At least you didn't multi post.

Does LooksMenu allows in-game bodysliding?

If it does, a part that increases in size when its slider goes to lower values is usually an inverted one. Take note of those parts. Otherwise, it'll be trial and error.

But really though, someone should document these sliders.

Yeah you can move the sliders in game via SLM, but they only go up. So from whatever loads in to the game, you can only increase its slider value. Sadly I was not intelligent enough to think of tweaking those sliders in game to see, I had to just brute force repeat trial and error loading in and out with various tweaks to template.ini. Very inelegant, but, but I think I have done it :)

BreastsSmall  should be reversed from tool output. (Tool outputted a positive value, making it a minus was more true.)

Breasts Should should be reversed from tool output. (Tool makes it a negative value, removing the minus was more accurate.)

Could anyone please check this?

asdasfa amazing tool is here:  jBS2BG - 20170503.7z

As an aside, I did not really check butts or legs- looked fine to me, but not where my focus was, if someone with a better eye wants to give them a look, would be good :)

Yeah you can move the sliders in game via SLM, but they only go up.

What do you mean? No negatives in LooksMenu sliders?

BreastsSmall  should be reversed from tool output. (Tool outputted a positive value, making it a minus was more true.)

Breasts Should should be reversed from tool output. (Tool makes it a negative value, removing the minus was more accurate.)

Are you aware that the tool comes with a "settings.json" file or are you already using that? You can edit the values in the "Multipliers" section to define which sliders will be inverted, a value of -1 defines the inversion of the result. Undefined sliders' multiplier defaults to 1.

Every edit of the settings file requires application restart for changes to take effect.

Be sure to share your settings once you figured it out!

Are you aware that the tool comes with a "settings.json" file or are you already using that? You can edit the values in the "Multipliers" section to define which sliders will be inverted, a value of -1 defines the inversion of the result. Undefined sliders' multiplier defaults to 1.

Every edit of the settings file requires application restart for changes to take effect.

Be sure to share your settings once you figured it out!

I wasn't aware of the tools  setting no, I'm more comfortable just editing the output ini's though,  so far im confident it's only those 2 breast settings that need adjusting, easily done manually. Going to check other presets now, will report back if there's anything else.

As for the sliders in game none negative thing:

NemrE9H.jpg

Ankles and Arms have negative settings in my preset/template.  But, for ones that don't- 7B Upper/Back, I can't move them negative, they don't move past the left edge of the designated slider area.

I don't really know what I'm doing by the way, I just prod stuff til I get the reaction I want eventually. And I think the display of the sliders may be broke, as I have small unfixable F4SE error that may be related. Or not, I don't know  :angel:

For instance I'm not sure what ousnius reply just above means really, think you're offering me too much respect.

The FO4 CBBE doesn't have inverted sliders. Also you can't convert Skyrim presets to work on it, everything is different.

By inverted, you mean negatives?

The xml presets seems to be in the same format so jBS2BG seems to be parsing every SetSlider just fine. Not sure how it translates to BodyGen though.

For instance I'm not sure what ousnius reply just above means really, think you're offering me too much respect.

Well, that explains it then, no negatives.

Since there are no inverted sliders, maybe try setting all multipliers in the settings.json to 1.

Or just delete all entry so that it looks like this:

{
  "Defaults": {
  },
  "Multipliers": {
  }
} 

The FO4 CBBE doesn't have inverted sliders. Also you can't convert Skyrim presets to work on it, everything is different.

Well, that explains it then, no negatives.

Since there are no inverted sliders, maybe try setting all multipliers in the settings.json to 1.

Or just delete all entry so that it looks like this:

{

"Defaults": {

},

"Multipliers": {

}

WOOOoo! :D

You guys did it, thanks so much! I'd discovered a few more values needed reversing- and they were all parameters under multipliers in the Json settings file. Editing it so it looks just like Asdasfa says and it's perfect!

I think anyhoo haha, A mean if my preset is 0.05, and it gets reversed to -0.05 the difference is too subtle for me to see, but honestly from what I can tell, it works brilliantly, recreates presets perfectly :)

Ousnius, asdasfa, thank you both very much, this is great! And expired for Bodygen too! This is sweet. :heart:

n

hi I asdasfa, just to help remove any confusion spread by my stupidity, I stumbled upon this post by fakeaccount

This made me come back to fallout 4. Amazing work!

Is it possible to have negative values for the bodyslide sliders in the ingame menu?

yes. you can edit Data\F4SE\Plugins\F4EE\Sliders\CBBE.esp\sliders.json

like this, for example 

"name": "$Breasts",

"morph": "Breasts",

"minimum": -2.0,

"maximum": 2.0,

"interval": 0.25,

"gender": 1

And that I believe addresses what I was babbling about when I said there was no negative sliders, so ignorance on my part! For anyone reading this "\Sliders\CBBE.esp\sliders.json" that is installed with CBBE, not Looks menu :)

Is there any other way of resting the morphs other then the NI override cleaner?"

Whenever I use it I get an error saying "The NetImmerse Override section seems to be damaged. Aborting loading." 

Also is there any way to affect the probability of morphs? Like make one more likely to be chosen then others?

The only way I've been doing it so far is duplicating the ones I want more often.

Is there any other way of resting the morphs other then the NI override cleaner?"

Whenever I use it I get an error saying "The NetImmerse Override section seems to be damaged. Aborting loading." 

Also is there any way to affect the probability of morphs? Like make one more likely to be chosen then others?

The only way I've been doing it so far is duplicating the ones I want more often.

None that I'm aware of. There may be a way via a script mod using NiO functions, but I've never seen one in existence.

Never had that error. You might want to address that to the author of the cleaner for answers on possible causes and solutions.

That's probably the only way of doing it, unfortunately. A probability variable was never mentioned in any docs.

Edit:

Reading the thread I found most answers. The values of the ini files are percentages of the ini.

However what i wish to know is do these percentages work with negative body slide values? So if say BigTorso's Weight is -50%

Will 0 in the template ini make it have the proper negative weight of -50% in game?

I also didn't know I had to do the ranges myself lol. It makes sense why everything was so huge I was just importing straight from the BodySlide ini and then saving the templates and morphs.

And another thing, can the ini' support negative values? If I have my body weights set to be all from 0 to 100. Can I make an ini range of -0.8 to -0.4 for example? Can I do that in the Jar or do I have do that manually in the templates? Is there any way to get the Jar to import negatives that are in the BodySlide XML's?

And lastly, what exactly is a zero slider wieghted body? Is that EVERY slider on 0%? Or all min 0% and all Max 100%?

And I used one would making an ini range of say -0.4 to 0.4 be the exact same as a BodySlide weight range of -40% to 40%

And another thing, can the ini' support negative values? If I have my body weights set to be all from 0 to 100. Can I make an ini range of -0.8 to -0.4 for example? Can I do that in the Jar or do I have do that manually in the templates? Is there any way to get the Jar to import negatives that are in the BodySlide XML's?

And lastly, what exactly is a zero slider wieghted body? Is that EVERY slider on 0%? Or all min 0% and all Max 100%?

And I used one would making an ini range of say -0.4 to 0.4 be the exact same as a BodySlide weight range of -40% to 40%

Yes, negative values are supported indeed. The jar will automatically import whatever value is in the xml, even negatives.

I'm guessing it's a body built with all sliders set to zero. I personally use a base body mesh with all sliders set to zero except for the ankles, which I always set to 100, since I'm getting feet seams if it's not.

Well, now i've bumped into an issue.

Basegame NPCs get morphed normally (the ones from Skyrim.esm), however if I add custom follower morph (from Follower.esp) she spawns with zeroed sliders, even though i have "All | Female" morph as the first line. But if I spawn her from console, everything works without a single issue. 

Has anyone had simmilar problem and found a fix to it?

I also have dummy bodygen.esp at the bottom of load order and bodygen is attached to it.

example from morphs.ini

#All NPCs
All|Female=CBBECurvy          -Works

#Saadia
Skyrim.esm|13ba2=Athletic     -Works

#Flea
Followers.esp|d71=Athletic    -Doesnt work (have to spawn through console to work)

When u first get the follower, have you tried immediately saving then loading? Occasionally I find it takes a load for the morph to kick in.

Also is it possible the follower mod had been loaded for a while in a game applying morphs to all females?

As -purely personal experience not knowledge- I find morphs can get baked in permanently -even if you've never met/loaded an NPC, they could still get  morphed if you've played with moprhs on. Chance your follower has picked up a very small/default morph?

Anyhoo try renaming the mod to something new, eg: FollowersBG.esp, and adjust morphs.ini to match. This way Bodygen will treat it as a new mod with new NPC's and should assign the right morphs - again check with a save/load. Renaming the esp should be fine btw, as long as it's not a master for other mods, or has name dependent script calls -unlikely in a standard follower mod.

When u first get the follower, have you tried immediately saving then loading? Occasionally I find it takes a load for the morph to kick in.

Also is it possible the follower mod had been loaded for a while in a game applying morphs to all females?

As -purely personal experience not knowledge- I find morphs can get baked in permanently -even if you've never met/loaded an NPC, they could still get  morphed if you've played with moprhs on. Chance your follower has picked up a very small/default morph?

Anyhoo try renaming the mod to something new, eg: FollowersBG.esp, and adjust morphs.ini to match. This way Bodygen will treat it as a new mod with new NPC's and should assign the right morphs - again check with a save/load. Renaming the esp should be fine btw, as long as it's not a master for other mods, or has name dependent script calls -unlikely in a standard follower mod.

Thank you, this helped. 

Actually I didn't even had to rename anything, quicksave and load worked wondefully.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I read through the first half of this thread as I'm planning to start setting up bodygen for myself, and would like some clarification on the ideal location for the .ini files. There was some commentary about NOT actually putting them in the bodygen skyrim.esm folder, but instead in another (dummy?) .esp bodygen folder that loads at or near the end of your load order. 

So, can this be literally any .esp, does it have to be a "dummy" (I assume this is just an empty file with .esp filename), and does it have to have masters set up for every plugin it is meant to affect?

I have a LOT of mod followers and vanilla follower beautification mods, and in my current/last game have been using EFF to give each of them their own specialized custom body (from 0-slider UUNP base using racemenu), but would like to not have to do it manually all over again on any new characters, so am willing to put in the many hours it'll take to convert the screenshots I took of their in-game racemenu sliders to bodygen .ini files. :P

That said, I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to pull an actor's current bodygen slider data from in game and put it in a text file, or copy it to clipboard or something. For instance, some sort of batch file you could run while targeting an NPC with the console open in game? I figure it's a long shot, but can't hurt to ask, would save me a ton of time working backwards. :P

• 3 weeks later...

When I initially started using bodygen I used the TES edit script to get morphs. Now when I try doing it in or out of Mod Organizer it doesn't find any NPCs. Anyone know what's going wrong? I have zero familiarity with the program.

I dunno if anyone else does this but I make 2 copies of my templates and morphs--one loads early, one loads late. I'm not sure if that's the best method but it works as long as I remember to copy every time I tweak.

And for the hell of it here's my templates. I divided everyone into broad types of the same body shape: skinny, curvy, all, and zero. Skinny is exactly what it sounds like. Curvy is bigger all around with the biggest boobs. All has the broadest variation. Zero sticks close to a zeroed sliders body. These all have enough variation not every result is perfect and some bodies might end up a little weird, but I use Zero on any NPC I want to be sure I'll like the results.

#ALL
ALL=AppleCheeks@-0.6:0.6, Butt@-0.3:1.0, ButtCrack@-0.3:1.0, ButtShape2@-0.5:0.5, ButtSmall@0.0:1.0, RoundAss@0.0:0.5, Back@0.0:0.3, Belly@-0.4:0.6, BigTorso@0.0:0.7, ChubbyWaist@0.0:0.2, Hipbone@0.0:0.6, Hips@0.0:1.0, TummyTuck@-0.4:0.4, Waist@0.0:1.0, WideWaistLine@0.0:0.5, CalfSize@0.0:1.0, CalfSmooth@-0.4:0.5, KneeHeight@-0.3:0.3, Legs@0.0:1.0, Thighs@0.0:1.0, SlimThighs@0.0:0.5, Arms@0.0:1.0, ShoulderSmooth@-0.6:0.6, ShoulderTweak@-0.6:0.6, ShoulderWidth@-0.6:0.6, Breasts@-0.2:1.0, BreastsSmall@0.0:0.7, BreastGravity@-0.2:0.3, BreastHeight@-0.6:0.6, BreastPerkiness@-0.2:0.2, BreastWidth@-0.3:0.3, BreastsSH@0.0:0.4, BreastsFantasy@0.0:0.4, DoubleMelon@0.0:0.4, BreastSSH@0.0:0.3, PushUp@-0.2:0.3, NippleAreola@0.0:0.7, NippleDistance@0.0:0.5, NippleDown@0.0:0.3, NippleLength@0.0:0.4, NipplePerkiness@0.0:0.4, NippleSize@-0.4:0.2, NippleTip@-0.2:0.2, NippleUp@0.0:0.3

#SKINNY
SKINNY=AppleCheeks@-0.2:0.2, Butt@0.5:1.0, ButtCrack@-0.3:1.0, ButtShape2@-0.5:0.5, ButtSmall@0.4:1.0, Belly@-0.1:0.1, Hipbone@-0.2:0.2, Hips@0.0:0.7, TummyTuck@-0.4:0.4, Waist@0.0:0.2, WideWaistLine@0.0:0.2, BigTorso@0.0:0.2, CalfSize@0.0:0.4, CalfSmooth@-0.6:0.6, KneeHeight@-0.2:0.2, Legs@0.5:1.0, SlimThighs@0.0:0.8, Thighs@0.0:0.8, Arms@0.5:1.0, ShoulderSmooth@-0.6:1.0, ShoulderTweak@-0.6:0.6, ShoulderWidth@-0.4:0.4, Breasts@0.4:1.4, BreastsSmall@0.0:0.8, BreastHeight@-0.6:0.6, BreastPerkiness@-0.3:0.3, DoubleMelon@0.0:0.2, BreastWidth@-0.2:0.2, BreastsSH@-0.1:0.1, BreastSSH@-0.1:0.1, PushUp@0.0:0.2, NippleAreola@-0.3:0.5, NippleDistance@0.0:0.5, NippleDown@0.0:0.2, NippleLength@0.0:0.2, NipplePerkiness@0.0:0.2, NippleSize@-0.3:0.3, NippleTip@-0.2:0.2, NippleUp@0.0:0.2

#CURVY
CURVY=AppleCheeks@0.0:0.6, BigButt@0.0:0.6, Butt@-0.5:0.5, ButtCrack@-0.5:1.0, ButtShape2@-0.5:0.5, ChubbyButt@0.0:0.5, RoundAss@0.0:0.6, Back@-0.3:0.3, Belly@0.2:1.0, BigTorso@0.0:1.0, ChubbyWaist@0.0:0.5, Hipbone@0.0:0.8, Hips@0.0:1.0, Waist@0.0:0.6, WideWaistLine@0.0:0.8, CalfSize@0.0:1.0, CalfSmooth@-0.6:0.6, ChubbyLegs@0.2:1.0, KneeHeight@-0.6:0.6, Legs@-0.5:0.5, Thighs@0.5:1.0, Arms@-0.5:0.5, ChubbyArms@0.2:1.0, ShoulderSmooth@-0.6:0.6, ShoulderTweak@-0.6:0.6, ShoulderWidth@-0.6:0.6, Breasts@-0.4:0.5, BreastGravity@0.0:1.0, BreastFlatness@0.0:0.4, DoubleMelon@0.0:0.4, BreastHeight@-0.4:0.6, BreastPerkiness@-0.2:0.2, BreastsFantasy@0.0:0.4, BreastWidth@-0.2:0.6, BreastCleavage@0.0:0.5, BreastsSH@0.0:0.7, BreastSSH@0.0:0.4, PushUp@-0.2:0.5, NippleAreola@0.3:1.1, NippleDistance@0.0:1.0, NippleDown@0.0:0.5, NippleLength@0.0:0.5, NipplePerkiness@-0.1:1.0, NippleSize@-0.7:0.0, NippleTip@-0.4:0.4, NippleUp@0.0:0.5

#ZERO
ZERO=KneeHeight@-0.2:0.2, Legs@-0.2:0.3, SlimThighs@0.0:0.3, Waist@0.0:0.4, WideWaistLine@0.0:0.2, Thighs@0.2:0.5, Arms@-0.2:0.2, BreastsSH@0.0:0.2, Breasts@-0.2:0.5, BreastsFantasy@0.0:0.3, DoubleMelon@0.0:0.2, BreastsSmall@0.0:0.3, BreastWidth@-0.2:0.2, PushUp@0.0:0.2, Butt@0.1:0.7, ButtCrack@-0.3:1.0, AppleCheeks@0.0:0.3, BigButt@0.0:0.2, Hips@0.0:1.0, ButtShape2@-0.5:0.5, RoundAss@0.0:0.2, NippleDistance@0.0:0.3, NippleDown@0.0:0.3, NippleLength@0.0:0.3, NipplePerkiness@0.0:0.5, NippleSize@-0.1:0.5, NippleTip@-0.2:0.3, NippleUp@-0.1:0.1, NippleAreola@0.0:0.6, ShoulderTweak@-0.2:0.2, ShoulderWidth@-0.2:0.2, ShoulderSmooth@-0.3:0.3, TummyTuck@-0.2:0.2

When I initially started using bodygen I used the TES edit script to get morphs. Now when I try doing it in or out of Mod Organizer it doesn't find any NPCs. Anyone know what's going wrong? I have zero familiarity with the program.

What script? "jBS2BGExportNpcList.pas"? What happens?

I dunno if anyone else does this but I make 2 copies of my templates and morphs--one loads early, one loads late. I'm not sure if that's the best method but it works as long as I remember to copy every time I tweak.

What do you mean? Why would you need 2 copies? Do you mean you have 2 folder paths where you keep each separate inis?

What script? "jBS2BGExportNpcList.pas"? What happens?

What do you mean? Why would you need 2 copies? Do you mean you have 2 folder paths where you keep each separate inis?

I'd had "ExportNPCBaseIDsForBodyGen.pas" which I was using to categorize NPCs into races instead of trying to make the all|race filters work. I haven't tried the bodyslide-to-bodygen converters as those look too complicated for me. That script you named did work, so I've got enough to work with now. Thanks.

People seem to be split on if it's better to have the files load early or late. I decided 'fuck it' and made 2 folders, one attached to dawnguard and another attached to a much later follower mod with duplicates of the inis. Has worked well so far.

EDIT:

Still unable to pass the correct parameters to the Python script. If anyone can post  an example of a working Command Prompt call that functions with MO, I'd be grateful,

On the manual side, I've re-read shoka's post and re-watched the video several times and I think I'm starting to see... but I'm still a little confused.

As I understand it, I'm supposed to:

1. Convert my armors in Bodyslide using the preset I want as a BASE body.

2. I take the average values (big+small)/2 of that same preset and ADD them to the values in whatever NEW preset I'm making for BodyGen.

So, after several hours, my questions are now:

1. What about values that only have one field? (e.g. CBBE Curvy's Arms field doesn't have a "big" value in the xml file). Do I just assume the other value is 0 (if it's small) or 100 (if it's big)? Do I find the missing value in the "CBBE base values"? Or do I just use whatever value the file actually lists, and forget about finding the average?

2. Do I need to do anything with the "base values" that were posted if I'm using this method (the Imperfect Correct solution)? Or can I just ignore them?

3. The post says to ADD the averages because all the CBBE values are inverted. Does that mean I SUBTRACT the values from all the CBBE Curvy fields that AREN'T inverted? (e.g. new preset Breasts = 0.5 & average of base preset Breasts = 0.2... so 0.5 + 0.2 = 0.7... then invert the value to -0.7? Or invert the value before adding, 0.5 becomes -0.5 then +0.2 to equal -0.3? What's the order of operations here?)

4. What are the values in the SliderSets/CalienteBody.xml file for? They're marked as the "base body" values but they don't match the ones that shoka posted. Are his values incorrect?

5. Am I supposed to convert the small & big values into a range in templates.ini? And if so, do they go small:big or big:small?

Anyone who's managed to do this manually, or anyone who's been able to get the converter tool working in Mod Organizer, please step forward.

My brain needs your help.