[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

@Timmyc

there seem to be an error to the leifang C09 is seem as those her costume is transparent in the upper area in the nipple section, here what i am talking about

or it could be m computer but the mods have been ruuning on my machine

Try to edit or delete alpha channel. If you wanna make skirt shorter you should do it by editing mesh, not by transparencies. The result is better.

Good luck.

Hey TimmyC

how do i make Leifang C09 skirt shorter i did edit the texture in an Edit software and make it shorter to how much i wanted :) but the texture is all white here is what i am talking about

i have no problem doing it with other costume how come this 1

You gave me an idea for another one of those mods.   This one is for you :)

attachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (4).jpg

skin tight see-thru with bra Silhouette and mini skirt - minor clipping issues can be observed, but I think it's not noticeable in action.

attachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (6).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (5).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (3).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (1).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (2).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangCos009_seethru_bra_test (7).jpg

Fixed version - V1_6_1 attachicon.gifLeifangCOS009_V1_6_1.zip

Use Ink Reshuffle to replace the existing COS_009

A little more experiment with wardrobe malfunction

I modified this so that it "makes sense" :)

attachicon.gifLeifangLastGetawayWardrobeMalfunction (1).jpgattachicon.gifLeifangLastGetawayWardrobeMalfunction (2).jpg

She could use a bikini wax :blush:

Credits to the usual suspects in my Acknowledgement section unless otherwise stated.

I know you gonna slowdown a bit but a little bit to tickle the cogs in your brain, you made the her black gown transparent, why not this costumes panties too? Arrgh!

Too bad.

Actually, I take that back, panties H/HL can be replaced using Archive Tool to achieve transparency.   I imagine it works the same way with ink reshuffle.

post-781013-0-96955600-1445383931_thumb.jpg

Now the problem is that it takes a lot of time to fit their asses in those tight panties unless you don't mind panties enlarged to look like a diaper to avoid clipping issues, lol.

Too bad.

Actually, I take that back, panties H/HL can be replaced using Archive Tool to achieve transparency.   I imagine it works the same way with ink reshuffle.

Now the problem is that it takes a lot of time to fit their asses in those tight panties unless you don't mind panties enlarged to look like a diaper to avoid clipping issues, lol.

Me no complain Timmy. Lol!

Quite a bit has changed in the tool that I think it should prove beneficial to read a quick how to guide before hand http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-022816-transformer-v024c-converter-v042-updated-giftwrap-set-for-nyohelena/?p=1490009

I'd like to present a simple tutorial here on how to deal with seam issues.

Link to the original tool post http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tools-updated-102215-seam-smoothing-tutorial/?p=1346825

Sometimes a model that has undergone certain process can end up looking like this

post-781013-0-55472200-1445529506_thumb.jpg

I will demonstrate how easy it is to utilize my tool to remove these ugly seams/connections/lines.

First of all, the tool works best if you follow a "good file naming convention" to not use .(dot) in it (as the tool was written in a certain way to not handle dots in file names very well - my laziness at fault :)). For example, rename file names such as LEIFANG_DLC_004_V1.2.TMC to LEIFANG_DLC_004_V1_2.TMC  (Saaf LOVES using dots in file names which caused all sorts of havoc.. lol!)

Expand to learn how to identify the correct object you need to export

Using Noesis, you can identify the object you need to export by using the data viewer.  Whatever mesh object you select will be highlighted on the model.

post-781013-0-35200800-1445561153_thumb.png

Once the object name is identified, open my converter and select the mesh group with the same or similar name

post-781013-0-04625600-1445561070_thumb.png

It is always a good idea to make a back up copy of your TMC/L files before attempting this.

Select the TMC and choose "EXPORT TMC to OBJ" to export the model
post-781013-0-92519100-1445529541_thumb.png

You will see an OBJ file in the same directory as your TMC. Follow the steps below to import it.

post-781013-0-11194500-1445529574_thumb.png

Before you hit IMPORT OBJ to TMC, be sure to check "Smooth Seam" and select a value from the drop down box. The default 0.80 works pretty well in most cases.
post-781013-0-96758700-1445529667_thumb.png

However, in this particular case, I had to lower it to 0.60 to remove seams on her hands
post-781013-0-90606400-1445529694_thumb.png

A quick sanity check to make sure finger nail normal vectors are not corrupted.
post-781013-0-81699400-1445529716_thumb.png

Expand to see more on what the value does

Lowering the value to around 0.60 will still retain nice butt crack normal vectors except that the very top of the butt crack appears "smoothed" as pictured below
post-781013-0-87208800-1445530003_thumb.png

Be careful not to go overboard with the value, or it will look messed up (with a low value such as 0.400)
post-781013-0-35990400-1445530004_thumb.png

Fine tune the radian value in the drop down box until you are satisified with the result. The application creates a (tmc_objename)_BACK.TMC file for you, so you can easily roll back the change by deleting the TMC and renamining this _BACK.TMC.

Alternatively, you can keep the tool open and keep retrying with a different radian value until you are happy. As long as you don't close the tool or reload the TMC file, the original unaltered TMC is still loaded in memory. This is a great way to retry to save time.

The model is now completely seamless, and the whole process only takes a few seconds :)
post-781013-0-60915900-1445529740_thumb.jpg

Tutorial Cont. - An issue was identified by Lola(DOA5LR) and addressed in a separate post here - http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-102215-v039a-tool-update-seam-smoothing-tutorial/?p=1359973

The tool has been updated for this.

After the seams are smoothed, you will only need to check "Copy Normal Vector" during import and export without the need to use "Smooth Seam" again since the normal vector information can be transferred between OBJ and TMC using this converter.  Only use smooth seams when your model exhibits such symptoms.

Thank you very much for this tutorial then anybody with bad english can understand well your tuto with step by step and screenshots.

It look easy to use and I agree this is must have for modder !

I am actually downloading framework 4.6 for use your software :)

Just a little message for say I tested your tool for fix my lines on Peter Pan Nude Version and wow !

Your tool is magic ! I had to put 0.600 for fix the hands line because 0.800 was not enough, only one line still exist (on the dick) but I guess this is because this mesh has been added & replaced by an other item.
Anyway I am really happy to have this magic tool with me, thank you for your hard effort for make it and shared it with us, this is a great tool and I say it again, a must have !

Here is how look my nude Peter Pan now :)

274600Image171.jpg

You're a genius ;)

Just a little message for say I tested your tool for fix my lines on Peter Pan Nude Version and wow !

Your tool is magic ! I had to put 0.600 for fix the hands line because 0.800 was not enough, only one line still exist (on the dick) but I guess this is because this mesh has been added & replaced by an other item.

Anyway I am really happy to have this magic tool with me, thank you for your hard effort for make it and shared it with us, this is a great tool and I say it again, a must have !

Here is how look my nude Peter Pan now :)

You're a genius ;)

Awesome!  I'm just happy that my tool is still of some use :)  Perhaps I should write more tutorials on how to utilize it, so people know more about it. lol.

Tutorials help a lot, much more with step by step and screenshots trust me, you made a perfect tutorial easy to understand with the TMC-OBJ Tool.

I think tutorial help more because : Advanced modder will understand easly what you are talking about your tools (without tutorial), "medium" or "beginner" modders will maybe try by themself for understand better but could not succeed (also remember native langage is a barrier and this is why screens help) and people who want to learn mods will be a bit afraid to use them if they have no help instead of just description of what the tool do.

Be careful, I don't say something bad this is just my idea on how peoples think, for me at first I understood what your tool is for but I was not sure to succeed to do what I want with and I am considering myself as ~medium modder and I didn't encountered the problem with lines yet this is why I didn't used it until now.

With your tutorial it was much more clear and easy to understand why & how use your tool.

I am sure there are some others tools from you that I still don't get it and is important.

Anyway keep your good work, I am really grateful for your help I was not really expecting help when I talked about my lines problems.. So thank you !

Your tool is magic ! I had to put 0.600 for fix the hands line because 0.800 was not enough, only one line still exist (on the dick)

You gave me an idea of what I might have missed in my tutorial.

I think I might know the reason why there are still seams on the dick now.  You might have to export a different part of the model.  Noesis can help in this situation to identify object names with its built-in data viewer.

For example:

post-781013-0-88538100-1445561641_thumb.png

The hat is from mesh object "MOT01_Head"

post-781013-0-62929600-1445561642_thumb.png

The same object must be selected for export in order to smooth seams.

I've updated the main tutorial to add this step.  

Thanks!

Ah great, I was thinking of the same thing since I clicked on this button I saw that I can choose what I want to correct here, I will test it should work yes.

Before that, I tried to remove lines with your tool for an other mod it worked perfectly for the body but strangely it affected the transparent texture of the costume (Kasumi - Tropical), I checked and chosen only body, not costume, it still broke the texture so I tried different degre from 0.500 to 0.800 nothing fixed the broken texture on costume :

Before (without your Tool) :

post-780963-0-82312200-1445563038_thumb.jpg

After (with your Tool) :

post-780963-0-46615400-1445563044_thumb.jpg

I didn't found how fix it but strangely I almost like the new bugged texture this is glossy as flakes :lol:

Ah great, I was thinking of the same thing since I clicked on this button I saw that I can choose what I want to correct here, I will test it should work yes.

Before that, I tried to remove lines with your tool for an other mod it worked perfectly for the body but strangely it affected the transparent texture of the costume (Kasumi - Tropical), I checked and chosen only body, not costume, it still broke the texture so I tried different degre from 0.500 to 0.800 nothing fixed the broken texture on costume :

Okay, I was able to reproduce this problem.   It seems that this dress is made of multiple layers with overlapping vertices which throw the tool off a bit.   A simple solution is to fix the body seams and extract the seamless fixed body

post-781013-0-56283600-1445566897_thumb.png

And take the same TMC, remove the body and insert the extracted seamless body back in, which should fix the problem and remove all seams.

The effect is kind of cool though, lol

post-781013-0-12883900-1445566922_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-19878600-1445566923_thumb.jpg

As such, I recommend using "seam smooth" only once to fix the seams.  Thereafter, just use "copy normal vector" if you are transferring to and fro TMC.

Link to the original tool post for download http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-102215-tool-update-seam-smoothing-tutorial/?p=1346825

This is actually a very good catch.

The problem is that the old algorithm did not check to see whether or not the overlapping pixels belong to the same mesh group.  As such, vertices from multiple mesh groups are being "smoothed" together.   It is oftentimes not the desired behavior as most seams occur within the same group (ie. body mesh).

I have implemented a quick fix to address this issue.

The issue -

post-781013-0-67895500-1445568757_thumb.png

Some meshes as the one shown above have parts that are made of multiple mesh objects.  The transparent gown for example has 2 layers on top of one another with overlapping vertices.   They belong to separate mesh groups (WGT_Body and WGT_Body2).  With the old algorithm, vertices from both groups would be smoothed as if they were one object, which causes issues as depicted below -

post-781013-0-41243300-1445568905_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-64242600-1445568908_thumb.jpg

The normal vectors are all messed up now.

To combat this problem, I have added a new control to only smooth overlapping vertices within the same mesh group, which will prevent problems like this from occurring.

Here's a model with seams

post-781013-0-85257000-1445568971_thumb.png

The old version (V0.3.8) would smooth every pixel as if they all belonged to one big object which causes the gown to look weird

post-781013-0-66539100-1445569032_thumb.png

The new version (V0.3.9) includes a new control that allows the user to perform seam smoothing ONLY for overlapping pixels within the same group

post-781013-0-91227000-1445569078_thumb.png

There's still a little bit of an issue on the bra area as circled in the picture above, but it is a more elegant solution that makes sense.

There's also an easy workaround as described here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-tips-tools-updated-102215-tool-update-seam-smoothing-tutorial/?p=1359940

Note: When using "Seam Smoothing," if the new "Smooth Within Own Group" is unchecked, the behavior is the same as in V0.3.8 where every pixel is checked against each other for seams to smooth.  I recommend only checking this new check box if you run into issues similar to the above situation.

I tried to choose the right item for remove seams on dick but it don't appears in the list (I though it was clothe_01 first but no BUT it fixed a lines on the t-shirt anyway :) ).

With this try I also found a wrong texture for the dick and fixed it but still this line in middle.

And for Kasumi I need to re-create the mod for try your method because I broken my TMC..

Thank you for giving me help.

Note : wrote before saw your second post.

I tried to choose the right item for remove seams on dick but it don't appears in the list (I though it was clothe_01 first but no BUT it fixed a lines on the t-shirt anyway :) ).

With this try I also found a wrong texture for the dick and fixed it but still this line in middle.

And for Kasumi I need to re-create the mod for try your method because I broken my TMC..

Thank you for giving me help.

Note : wrote before saw your second post.

I updated the tool post to include V0.3.9 just for you :)  Please let me know if there are any more issues you run into.  Your feedback is invaluable in helping me increase the usability and functionality of my tool.

It's great to see you're doing tutorials for your tool bro (damn, it was time! hah)

As I already told you (many times before), your tool is absolutely essential here. And now you can see that I'm not the only one who thinks that :)

(Ad sponsored by timmy's advanced tool... just try the damn tool! lol)

oh wait... master of perversion shouldn't appear in public anymore D:

The Master of Perversion has graced us with his appearance at last! 

I think the Master of Perversion is partly to blame for failing to catch this bug that Lola found since he's been using my tool for the longest time, lol!

The Master of Perversion has graced us with his appearance at last! 

I think the Master of Perversion is partly to blame for failing to catch this bug that Lola found since he's been using my tool for the longest time, lol!

Master of perversion has discovered many other errors, so Timmy's tool now can be used on any PC in the world (and not only in timmy's PC lol)

master of perversion feels slighted :(

haha

I appreciate your update it really helped me on this mod, I was going to wondering which broken mod I should keep lol

Now all is fixed this is awesome :)

(Just the little wrong texture on the top as your screenshots)

Final result (I edited the costume so if it look different from original this is normal) :

176231Image1707.jpg

Oh and.. Hello Saaf' alias wild member ! :D

Should I rename my title in "Bug Found Meister" ?

Nb : Reputation limit reached sorry can't give more +1 today.