Vault 69, 1 Female + 999 Males = ...

Shadowcraft

This is an idea for a mod I have, one if I ever work out how to make mods myself I hope to do, but other mod makers out there that like this idea for a mod please feel free to steal the Mod. :)

The Mod would begin with your character PIPBOY getting a new broadcast channel from an unknown source, That has the voice of a young woman asking for help in a distressed voice:

Message One: Please someone help me, please anyone, someone help me I am a survivor of Vault 69, off the *insert landmark player can use to head there*

Message Two: ~Sobbing, Crying then a long drawn out enraged scream followed by more sobbing finally followed by~ "Is anyone out there?

Message Three: If anyone can hear this, come find me, please, help me, all the vaults tech, weapons and chems are yours, please just come let me out, please... please find me... oh god... please let them find me... ~brakes down into sobbing.. BANG~

Messages loop

The player finally finds the Vault, and finds that she/he is not the only one that has heard the broadcast, a member of the Iron Brotherhood Paladin and NCR Techy outside the Sealed Vaults door trying to work out how to get in.

Player can:

1) Hack open the Vault Door by speaking to the NCR

2) Blow up the Vault Door by speaking to the Paladin 

or

3) Knock on the door and it mysteriously opens of its own accord..... 

The Player and her new companions find the vault, hauntingly empty with skeletons littering the place and no signs of a battle... By the placing of the skeletons, some died apparently in their sleep, some at computer terminals, some sitting in the rec room...

Now the player can at this point loot to their hearts content, although will have to deal with the Paladin who will attempt to stop the player leaving with any power armor or energy weapons, but a high speech/Science can convince the Paladin your of sound mind to handle it.

The NCR Techy however seems to have found a locked and sealed door to one of the Vaults Med labs which they can not open, and here is where the mod really starts.

The NCR Techy will ask the player to look around the vault for any clues, any holodisks that might give them clues...

The player then hunts down holodisks and each time they find and activate a holodisk, they actually get to play out parts of the lone females story.....

disk 1: Arriving in the vault, meeting and greeting, the shock of discovering your the only female.

disk 2: Attempting to get by as best as everyone can, you decide who becomes overseer.

disk 3: Talks on reproduction and how to sustain the vault population, test tube babies, cloning, cybernetics ect ect

disk 4: Gang raped by masked attackers, and investigation of the attack and possibly more rape or the catching of her attackers and their trail.

disk 5: The Vaults men become split into two groups and you need to pick a side.

disk 6: You discover your with child and now reduced to being a prized item used and abused or are protected zealiously by what ever side you picked.

disk 7:  Few years go by, you'v had some children, all boys, and have started to learn about Genetics and Science, more rape.

disk 8: your with child again and this time its a girl!.. you fear for the type of future she will face, you have an idea however, a terrible but great idea, and you need to neogiate a truce with both groups so that you can start to secure tech and items, saying you intend to build yourself a med unit to help you be able to produce faster...

disk 9: you daughter has been born and the baby girl is ill and that you need once again speak to both sides about getting more stuff to help with the new females recovery, the other side will help.... if you hand over your daughter to them to raise and eventually, breed..

Disk 10: a good numbers years have passed, you'v been allowed to visit your children and watch them grow into adults as you please providing you continue to behave for the faction leaders. Finally though all your planning and building is now done, sitting down at your computer, you feed into the air system a special air born virus that you have been working on, that targets only males and kills them in seconds.

You find your daughter, having managed to spare her, for the most part, of the horror you had to live though.. and now have her lay down in the status pod you have made for her and put her in a cryo sleep...

cue a cut scean... where she flicks on the broadcast system... and speaks...

Message One: Please someone help me, please anyone, someone help me I am a survivor of Vault 69, off the *insert landmark player can use to head there*

Message Two: Please ~Sobbing, Crying then a long drawn out enraged scream followed by more sobbing finally followed by~ "Is anyone out there?

Message Three: If anyone can hear this, come find me, please, help me, all the vaults tech, weapons and chems are yours, please just come let me out, please... please find me... oh god... please let them find me... ~brakes down into sobbing, types in the command lock using her daughters name as the Password, Hope.. then pulls out the a gun and BANG~

she shoots herself...

then the game cuts back to your character, the shocked reactions of the Techy and the Paladin and you now know the password!

the door opens and inside is a skeleton in a vaultsuit, a gun in hand sitting infront of a radio and computer, the other skeletal hand resting on the glass lid of a cryo unit, in which... Hope sleeps.

you can save Hope and have her as a companion!

so what ya think?

It sounds interesting if we actually get to relive the events of the woman but there is one thing I don't understand. How will you handle the switching from your own character to the woman in distress? If it's only about listening to recordings it won't be very interesting.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_69

Vault 69 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults.

As part of the vault experiment, it is populated by 1 man and 999 women.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_68

Vault 68 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults. It was designed to contain 999 men and 1 woman.

As part of the vault experiment, of the one thousand people who entered, one was a woman and the rest were men. The location and status of this vault are unknown.

Hes right.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_69

Vault 69 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults.

As part of the vault experiment, it is populated by 1 man and 999 women.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_68

Vault 68 is one of the Vault-Tec vaults. It was designed to contain 999 men and 1 woman.

As part of the vault experiment, of the one thousand people who entered, one was a woman and the rest were men. The location and status of this vault are unknown.

Hes right.

What kind of twisted mind would start an experiment like this? I feel sorry for the man and woman in both cases.

hmmm maybe you can open the vault somehow... however if you're male and enter vault 69, the "alpha male" will try to kill you, while the females would like some more "meat"... when female, the want to eradicate the new one=you. in vault 68 the exact opposite, while they keep their bitch somewhere and do her whenever they want and however they want and you'll be their new bitch, unless you convince or fight them.

if you'd write this for fo3: can you make it use Animated Prostitution mod?

• 3 weeks later...

Good concept, though one thing bugs me. It's supposed to be centuries since the vaults were sealed, as I understand it. So it should have taken longer than the lifetime of one woman...meaning that if you were the original woman in the vault, there would be no outside world to contact for help, just death and radiation. Heck, the first couple generations would probably have gone along with anything for "the survival of the species" knowing that. It wouldn't be until later that you would get someone who knows they aren't the last humans on Earth and begins looking for an escape.

1 Female + 999

== Crash to desktop. :P Well that was fun. :D

This mod will not even work on any pc. No matter how many ram you have. The engine will never be able to generate this type of npc's.

It will alrady become unstable after 300 npc's if it does not crash before that,

I"m sure there wouldn't actually be 1000 people to loot should the mod be made... You might at any one time see perhaps 20 people maximum, or at least that'd be the smart thing to do when making such a mod. Sure, cut scenes may have a feud of 50 clashing, you'd never see the others in such small confines anyhow. As for the smaller scenes, think mafia... a rep or three heavies show, decisions are made, deals are cut in the noisy areas for privacy, bombs go off in faction wars, the majority of men are now occupied with maintenance and repair while the 'Bosses' cutto the chase and attempt the girl/guy

Good concept, though one thing bugs me. It's supposed to be centuries since the vaults were sealed, as I understand it. So it should have taken longer than the lifetime of one woman...meaning that if you were the original woman in the vault, there would be no outside world to contact for help, just death and radiation. Heck, the first couple generations would probably have gone along with anything for "the survival of the species" knowing that. It wouldn't be until later that you would get someone who knows they aren't the last humans on Earth and begins looking for an escape.

As for this... once the girl is in cryo, a message is sent on either a timer or for when the cryo unit is ready to give out or when the station recieves a strong enough ping from a compatable source... or any combination of these and more.

This is a very good set up for a quest mod. It certainly has that tragedy and sadness which are hallmarks to nearly all of the vaults' back stories. The cryo survivor should only remain a temporary companion, whilst the player helps resolve a number of related quests; one of which should be to seek out medical assistance for the survivor's unresolved health issues. Once settled into a new life, perhaps the player could occasionally visit to do some trading, or whatever.

Multiple options to help settle the survivor with the BOS, NCR, Boomers, or FOA, using your mentioned fellow vault-crackers, might be neat. She could also be set up as a business person, if you help establish her rightful ownership to the vault and all of it's contents. After all, she is the sole survivor, as well as a victim of the former residents abuses. Restitution is in order. That should count for something.

For the battle loving players, a number of assaults from raiders, or legionnaires, upon initially exiting the vault, would punch it up a bit more. There must have been a few other parties that picked up the message, yet had no means of breaching the vault themselves.

It would be good to see this Vault 68 finally used in something other than a list of silly vault descriptions.

• 3 months later...

Statistically speaking....it is possible for one woman to procreate with 999 men but it would cause a bit of problems... for instance, man would kill man for the right to be with the woman... the woman would have a certain amount of children over the course of her life time and if... using real world statistics, they would more inclined to be male..

Vault 68 would be kind of horrible. Given a hundred years of procreation, infighting, diseases... sickness, shortage of supplies etc. It is quite possible to encounter a scenario of 5 to 6 woman, 15 to 30 men ( realistically the numbers would be more like 130 to 150 women and 200 males but meh ) I say this because... At the start there would be a drastic decline of population,( the opposite of real world exponential growth - a new population would experience major growth until the environment could no longer sustain it causing a decline until carrying capacity was met.)

This would result in, due to both the lower population limit of breeding mates etc in a much lower carrying capacity for the vault. You could take liberties with this though, because of recent infighting the population experienced yet another drop in population resulting in like.... say 3 women 10 guys.  The downside though... at one point everyone would be related. I am not even going to bother with that nightmare( who is what to whom...am I my own grandpa? ..)...

This could be reverse for women because although women are less inclined to result in killing each other off as fast as men .... it could happen.

HOWEVER, should a dominate personality actually succeed over the years to take over... it could result in a scenario where population is "controlled". breeding farms.... The old are recycled, the young are bred.... It could result in a change in social norms where not one person "belongs" to another.... thus no marriage or boyfriend girlfriend but a communal mate who is tasked with breeding as much and as often as possible with eligible mates.  Population thus would result in a stable..and possibly higher than scenario 1.

This can be tricky for a vault scenario mod... It would still be decidedly one sided ..but it would be more like 100 men / women to say... 150 to 300 man / woman.

But what if they bring in a perspective like China's ....Population would become stable at a fixed number ... It would still favor males over females but it would be close to a population of say 300

but this is fallout, and we don't do positive scenarios ... Which means scenario 1 is the probable outcome of these experiments. Heck... you could end up in a scenario of one man / woman and 10 men /women  simply because the vault opened and the rest wanted to go out and explore but a handful didn't .... and kept one ( or two ..three..etc) of the lower pop for breeding purposes ( against their will of course ) OR didn't keep one and that is where the player comes in...Teach you to explore vaults...Honey pot scenario anyone?

IF I was to make a mod like this... The more fun scenario would be the vault opening and a group staying behind not wanting for things to change...because in reality, most people hate change. That could lead to radio calls to lure in unsuspecting opposite gendered people so that they can get back to the status qua ..Just think... You fall for it, they take you prisoner and proceed to violate you over and over  BUT wait .... the Vault door was closed tight once they got you. resulting in  a 1 to 10 population ....or a 3 to ten population.

The quest could be to escape the vault that is now sealed... or learn your place in their society, possibly to go out and lure back more women / men ... you Fail to come back after so many days and the collar on your neck goes boom.

but that is my two cents... if I could mod I would work on this but I can't ;/ ...any way, sorry for necroing this thread, I just like the idea of adding as many vaults as we can to fallout universe :P

Edit: To give you an idea of honey pot scenarios ... The latest Episode of Znation ( scyfy Channel) has one.... And yea, women would do this as well so it could work for both vaults... however if you plan to do both 69 and 68... you might want to choose two of the scenarios mentioned instead of using the SAME for both. again, just my two cents.

Archived