Creature Animation Overhaul [WiP]

Suludi

I decided to learn 3ds Max by changing some of the animations. Everything is very WiP cause I only started this project today but I'm looking forward to learning more. :)

MY PLANS:

1. Feral Werewolf animations

Progress:

ww_attackleft.hkx

ww_attackleftbackhandl.hkx

ww_attackleftbackhandlend.hkx

ww_attackleftbackhandr.hkx

ww_attackleftfast

ww_attackleftfastlow

ww_attackleftpowercombo

ww_attackleftpowercombobackhand

ww_attackleftpowercombobackhandend

ww_attackleftpowercomboend

ww_attackleftside

ww_attackright

ww_attackrightfast

ww_attackrightfastlow

ww_attackrightpowercombo

ww_attackrightpowercombobackhand

ww_attackrightpowercombobackhanddriven

ww_attackrightpowercombobackhandend

ww_attackrightpowercomboend

ww_attackrightside

ww_bleedoutgetup

ww_bleedoutidle

ww_bleedoutstart

ww_deathtemp

ww_fall

ww_fallleft

ww_fallright.hkx

ww_getup.hkx

ww_getupfromback.hkx

ww_getupfromfront.hkx

ww_howl.hkx

ww_howlexplode.hkx

ww_howlforward.hkx

ww_idlebase.hkx - done

ww_idlebasecombat.hkx - done

ww_idlebasecombatexcitedleft.hkx - done

ww_idlebasecombatexcitedright.hkx - done

ww_jump.hkx - done by kieranh7, download here: Werewolf Beast Run Animation

ww_jumpland.hkx

ww_jumplandleft.hkx

ww_jumplandright.hkx

ww_jumpleft.hkx

ww_jumpright.hkx

ww_runbackward.hkx

ww_runbackwardattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runbackwardattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runbackwardleft.hkx

ww_runbackwardleftattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runbackwardleftattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runbackwardright.hkx

ww_runbackwardrightattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runbackwardrightattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runforward.hkx- done by kieranh7, download here: Werewolf Beast Run Animation, slightly smoothed by me

ww_runforwardattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runforwardattackleftsyncpower.hkx

ww_runforwardattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runforwardattackrightsyncpower.hkx

ww_runforwarddualattack.hkx

ww_runforwarddualattackcenter.hkx

ww_runforwarddualattackleft.hkx

ww_runforwarddualattackright.hkx

ww_runforwardleft.hkx- done by kieranh7, download here: Werewolf Beast Run Animation

ww_runforwardleftattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runforwardleftattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runforwardright.hkx- done by kieranh7, download here: Werewolf Beast Run Animation

ww_runforwardrightattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runforwardrightattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runleft.hkx

ww_runleftattackrightsync.hkx

ww_runleftattackleftsync.hkx

ww_runright.hkx

ww_runrightattackleftsync.hkx

ww_specialfeeding.hkx

ww_specialfeedingleft.hkx

ww_specialfeedingright.hkx

ww_sprint.hkx

ww_sprintallfours.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattack.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattackboth.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattackbothleft.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattackbothout.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattackbothright.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursattackleft.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursjump.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursleft.hkx

ww_sprintallfoursright.hkx

ww_sprintalt.hkx

ww_staggermedium.hkx

ww_staggersmalll.hkx

ww_staggersmallr.hkx

ww_swimbackward.hkx

ww_swimforward.hkx

ww_swimleft.hkx

ww_swimright.hkx

ww_swimtread.hkx

ww_turnleft60.hkx - 50 % done

ww_turnleft90.hkx

ww_turnleft180.hkx

ww_turnright60.hkx

ww_turnright90.hkx

ww_turnright180.hkx

ww_walkbackward.hkx

ww_walkbackwardleft.hkx

ww_walkbackwardright.hkx

ww_walkforward.hkx - 50 % done

ww_walkforwardattackleft.hkx

ww_walkforwardattackright.hkx

ww_walkforwardleft.hkx

ww_walkforwardleftattackleft.hkx

ww_walkforwardleftattackright.hkx

ww_walkforwardright.hkx

ww_walkforwardrightattackleft.hkx

ww_walkforwardrightattackright.hkx

ww_walkleft.hkx

ww_walkleftattackleft.hkx

ww_walkleftattackright.hkx

ww_walkright.hkx

ww_walkrightattackleft.hkx

ww_walkrightattackright.hkx

ww_wellescape.hkx - no change cause this is only used by Sinding when escaping from prison

2. Change the idiotic Sabrecat idle animation to something more appropriate

Progress: 50 %

3. Female sneak

Progress: 30 %

4. Sleep anywhere (without bed, bedroll or haypile)

Progress: 50 %, no script

5. Climbing animations

6. ... whatever I come up with (I also take suggestions)

Criticism and helpful comments are very welcome.

VIDEOS

Here's a video to show you what I'm talking about (Warning: this is the entire creation process beginning with "Ok, let's see what this cryptic button does", not just the finished walk [which still needs LOTS of work]).

Part 2 is up:

Sleep anywhere:

(If I ever find out how to script stuff, I'll make the mod. :) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions so far:

* Werewolf Sneak (HeavyDude)

* A leap-to-and-attack animation for the Werewolf so someone could, for example, give WW's a new "ambush from stealth" attack/kill, to go along with the idea of them being able to sneak. (Night~Sky)

* A long-jump animation for Werewolves, that could conceivably be used in giving WW's a kind of super-jump ability to go from rooftop to rooftop/close large gaps (Night~Sky)

* Differentiation between the Werwolf "claws ready" and "claws lowered" run animations (Night~Sky)

* Maybe some miscellaneous hostile animations like a static/standing bite and headbutt, which could be used to give Werewolves more (hotkey-delivered) attacks (Night~Sky)

* Stalk and pouncing animations for feline creatures, so they may potentially be given the capability to ambush the player from hiding (Night~Sky)

* A better "hostile" posture idle/behavior for canines so it's more readily apparent there's something in-range to attack (Night~Sky)

* various idle-behavior animations like sitting/laying down/interacting with objects so people could, conceivably, stay in WW form permanently...or hell, use them in a Werewolf version of Dovahkiin Relaxes Too (Night~Sky)

DOWNLOADS

If anybody wants to test it, here's the basic werewolf idle stand.

Oct 22,2013

Werewolf Animation Overhaul 0.1 (wao_01.rar)

Update:

March 4, 2014

Werewolf run fixed (smoothed the spazzy leg)

Install/Uninstall:

Unpack into your data/meshes/actors/Werewolfbeast/animations folder. (Create the folder if it doesn't exist.) To uninstall, delete the files.

This is not an esp yet, only an animation replacer. Nothing else was modified.

ww_idlebase.rar

wao_01.rar

ww_run_fix.rar

Over 400 reads and only one reply? Is this project so uninteresting? :(

Gotta give it time. Not a lot of people visit the Non-Adult section of the forums. It's glanced over a lot by most, as most come here just for the adult mods, and forget that there is other stuff besides that lol. :P

I definitely look forward to seeing what you can do. Any animation overhaul to make the creatures move better and look more natural is a plus in my book. Plus extra features is always good.

Look forward to the progress. :)

Thank you. :)

Actually, I did make a lengthy animation of two werewolves having lots of sex&fun but since I put this thread into the non-adult section, I thought it a bit inappropriate to post it here. :D

(LOL typo. "nun-adult".)

Don't be discouraged. The "read" count on here is almost completely theoretical, because as anyone who's been following threads around here lately (especially) will notice, people are pathologically incapable of actually reading about a mod before downloading and installing it. Sometimes I think most people on here can only see the "download" button and very select terms (sex, UNP, CBE, etc).

On topic, this sounds quite interesting. I don't think anyone's actually taken the time to come up with new animations for the creatures of Skyrim, just endless reskins. I would imagine producing entirely new animations for Werewolves to use as a resource would inspire someone to actually make the effort to give them matching capabilities. Along that vein, I do have some suggestions you may consider;

* A leap-to-and-attack animation for the Werewolf so someone could, for example, give WW's a new "ambush from stealth" attack/kill, to go along with the idea of them being able to sneak.

* A long-jump animation for Werewolves, that could conceivably be used in giving WW's a kind of super-jump ability to go from rooftop to rooftop/close large gaps?

* Differentiation between the Werwolf "claws ready" and "claws lowered" run animations?

* Maybe some miscellaneous hostile animations like a static/standing bite and headbutt, which could be used to give Werewolves more (hotkey-delivered) attacks?

* Stalk and pouncing animations for feline creatures, so they may potentially be given the capability to ambush the player from hiding?

* A better "hostile" posture idle/behavior for canines so it's more readily apparent there's something in-range to attack

...if you're feeling particularly adventurous, why not try your hand at giving Werewolves their own equivalents to various idle-behavior animations like sitting/laying down/interacting with objects so people could, conceivably, stay in WW form permanently...or hell, use them in a Werewolf version of Dovahkiin Relaxes Too?

Thank you! Those are very interesting ideas, I'll add them to my list. :) And yes, living permanently as a Werewolf sounds quite appealing. But I can only create the animations (and I still have MUCH to learn), not the scripting. I'll need a real modder to help me with this. Any volunteers? :heart::D

As for the long-jump animation, I already have the Jump Run Changer mod by THX1138 installed that helps me jump higher. This is one of the mods I couldn't do without cause the vanilla jump height is just pathetic. Sadly, the jump animation isn't meant for long jumps, so the char just stops in mid-air and only resumes jumping on pressing W. So... ok, added to the list.

I'm also thinking of adding a climbing animation but from what I read somewhere on Teh Webz, the engine doesn't support climbing. Anyone know if that's true? I'd love to be able to bring some Uncharted action into mountainous Skyrim.

On the subject of a modder to do the code-side/implementation...

Maybe not here on LL, because...well, most of what's on LL is adult-oriented (although I do hope you see you way back to adult-themed animations for WW's and maybe other creatures some day - the "Sextreme" loading screens have some great static poses that would make excellent animations, which could then be used as resources to add to Sexlab and get into the game...)

...but, maybe Brevi? The guy who made Moonlight Tales (you can find it on the Nexus). He seems pretty passionate about Werewolf expansion/improvement, and from what I understand, the only reason MT doesn't add any actual extra abilities to WW's is that he can't make animations for them. You could probably work out some sort of collaboration with him, where you make the animations and he rigs up the code to utilize them in-game. Just, obviously, don't mention LL in the process...I don't know if Brevi is one of the anti-LL crowd, but the Nexus itself is, so air on the side of caution.

Edit:

Incidentally, if you'd like some kind of descriptive example of my ideas (the bite/headbutt/ambush attacks, etc) for better inspiration in producing the animation, or (if the case arises) explaining the functional idea to go with the animation to a modder who's actually going to code it, just let me know and I'll type it up.

I ended up getting time to test it out sooner than I thought. It looks quite good, if maybe a bit too static - you might consider adding a little tail movement, and maybe some subtle posture fidgeting just to give it a bit more of a "living" quality. The transition from moving to standing is also quite sharp (happens so quickly it appears to skip from one animation to the other in a visible way), but other transitions in and out of the idle are perfectly smooth (the mentioned problem would easily be resolved with replaced walk/run animations anyway).

Since I run Moonlight Tales myself, I swapped skins/body models around in-game through several combinations just to make sure it didn't hit any mysterious oddities or CTD's, but I didn't find any, so it appears to work perfectly well.

All in all, a job well done. :)

Looking good. I think though to be used in game it would need to be split into two animations (the jump, then the edge-grab/vault) because to be used in game as intended it would need to work on a script that detects if you touch a ledge while jumping, and that acts as a condition to trigger the actual edge grab/vault to get over it (otherwise it would continue to play the jump animation on your way back to the ground). This would also be necessary to account for differences in jump height, I think.

I could be mistaken though, my comprehension of scripting is limited.

Update: Version 0.1 added to first post.

The animations are still very clumsy. I'll be constantly improving them and adding new ones over the next few weeks. There's also some scripting mixed into the vanilla animations which I can't get rid of, so the werewolf companion will sometimes get quite a twisted neck when the script forces him to look at you.

Give them a try and tell me how shitty they are what you think. ^^

Sorry for getting back to you late; been crazy busy on my end recently.

I've spent some time with the animations in-game in a variety of situations and environments and, I suppose the best way I could put it is that it's a bit of a mixed bag. Replacing the walk and run animation with the normal sprint animation doesn't really work very well; I would really suggest making your own if you can. It clips terrain like crazy, the camera and turning controls get very heavy and unresponsive while you're moving, and it doesn't actually sync to movement at all (it makes the WW animate walking/running much faster than they're actually moving, and produces a lot of animation stutter).

Still, I think you're moving in the right direction overall. ^^

Archived