Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

{2017 July 20 - UPDATE - Elin Idle Animation Redone v2} Tera Elin Race

race Tera Elin unp cbbe followers replacers replacer

• Please log in to reply
2394 replies to this topic

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
oh, wanted to mention a few errors that FNIS throws. 
the usual and expected Warning: PCEA is incompatible with FNIS PCEA2

but also seems like fnis doesn't like the dualmagic anim for either male or female...
WRONG PCEA file name: Animations\PCEA\male\dualmagic_idle.HKX
>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\male Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

WRONG PCEA file name: Animations\PCEA\female\dualmagic_idle.HKX
>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\female Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

it's weird because i have been using those "wiggly" anims for over a year for my avatar in pcea2, and i've had that same dualmagic.hkx, and fnis never throws an error for it

edit; ah. i figured ya might've forgotten the male folder and left it. then i may just remove it since it's not used at all. would get rid of one of the fnis errors lol

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts

but also seems like fnis doesn't like the dualmagic anim for either male or female...

>>Warning:  1 unmatched PCEA\female Animation(s) (see GenerateFNIS_LogFile.txt)<<

it's weird because i have been using those "wiggly" anims for over a year for my avatar in pcea2, and i've had that same dualmagic.hkx, and fnis never throws an error for it

edit; ah. i figured ya might've forgotten the male folder and left it. then i may just remove it since it's not used at all. would get rid of one of the fnis errors lol

It's not surprising that PCEA and PCEA2 are not compatible, but PCEA requires the use of a custom race which makes it ideal for the Elins because the unique animations are meant to be used by a race whereas PCEA2 is meant to make only the PC play unique animations.

In addition, PCEA2 requires SKSE, but PCEA does not use any scripts so this makes it possible for both Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE Elin races use the animations.

I get those same warnings.  When I have the time, I'll have a closer look.

You can try removing, or rather moving to a backup location, the male animations, but do not remove the defaultmale.hkt as it's assigned to the 'male' counterpart.

If having problems when running FNIS or in the game after removing the male animations then just add them back.  I'll work an update to completely remove the male animations.

Mookeylama

Mookeylama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

It's not surprising that PCEA and PCEA2 are not compatible, but PCEA requires the use of a custom race which makes it ideal for the Elins because the unique animations are meant to be used by a race whereas PCEA2 is meant to make only the PC play unique animations.

In addition, PCEA2 requires SKSE, but PCEA does not use any scripts so this makes it possible for both Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE Elin races use the animations.

I get those same warnings.  When I have the time, I'll have a closer look.

You can try removing, or rather moving to a backup location, the male animations, but do not remove the defaultmale.hkt as it's assigned to the 'male' counterpart.

If having problems when running FNIS or in the game after removing the male animations then just add them back.  I'll work an update to completely remove the male animations.

oh, it's no biggy. just wanted to mention it since the 7-11 version did not have warning, i think because there was NO Dualmagic anim in 7-11.

it just seems like w/ 7-20, fnis is yelling about the new dualmagic. again, i care not of warnings if the anims work heh

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts

The first only contained the idle animation, the second includes the additional Tera animations hence why FNIS only showed those errors for the second.

The error only means the dualmagic anims were not recognized.

kokekola

kokekola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

has anyone got an issue with the camera when using a bow in first person? the animations are screwed and the arrow doesnt follow the crosshair,it goes a few inches to the upper left corner.there are any solution to this?

has anyone got an issue with the camera when using a bow in first person? the animations are screwed and the arrow doesnt follow the crosshair,it goes a few inches to the upper left corner.there are any solution to this?

I too am having  this issue, though it looks like it's only for the first person camera.

I don't have that problem, other than the arrows being ever so slightly above the crosshair. 

Are you using the recommended 1st-person camera mod I link to in the main post? 

Since it uses the 3rd-person camera in 1st-person view that should fix the arrow trajectory not aligning with the crosshair considering the problem only happens in the 1st-perosn view.

The 1st-person camera works well with the recommended 3rd-person camera mod, at least to me.

I used the camera mod but i think that is not the actual cause of the issue.

Probably the problem appeared because of the Archery Combat Overhaul mod, that i use. Gonna check if it does anything when i disable it tommorow...

i tried them both but nothing changed,plus the 3rd person camera mod recommended is not as good as the one im using

If it's not a camera-related issue then the only other cause would be the skeleton, but that means you are using the old, heavily modified Elin skeleton.  It was issues like the misaligned arrows that I switched to a mesh-only approach to recreating the Elin shape when using a CBBE/UNP body.

If you are using the current skeleton provided by the current Elin main pack then I do not know what exactly is causing your issue.  As Marieonette mentioned, it's possible another mod could be the cause.

I think there are mods at Nexus that fixes the arrow trajectory.

i installed this,and only this version on a fresh install with no other mods than those required or recommended in this post(that is for Elin 1,not elin 2) so other mods are out of the question.

If its the skeleton the problem then why isnt the main post updated? im using that one and so far the first person camera is the only issue i got,all my others mods(that i installed AFTER i found the problem was unsolvable) are running smoothly.

Theres gonna be a solution to this so im gonna continue kicking these mods till it solves itself or someone gives me a hint.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Marieonette

Marieonette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I too am having  this issue, though it looks like it's only for the first person camera.

I don't have that problem, other than the arrows being ever so slightly above the crosshair. 

Are you using the recommended 1st-person camera mod I link to in the main post? 
Since it uses the 3rd-person camera in 1st-person view that should fix the arrow trajectory not aligning with the crosshair considering the problem only happens in the 1st-perosn view.

The 1st-person camera works well with the recommended 3rd-person camera mod, at least to me.

I used the camera mod but i think that is not the actual cause of the issue.

Probably the problem appeared because of the Archery Combat Overhaul mod, that i use. Gonna check if it does anything when i disable it tommorow...

i tried them both but nothing changed,plus the 3rd person camera mod recommended is not as good as the one im using

If it's not a camera-related issue then the only other cause would be the skeleton, but that means you are using the old, heavily modified Elin skeleton.  It was issues like the misaligned arrows that I switched to a mesh-only approach to recreating the Elin shape when using a CBBE/UNP body.

If you are using the current skeleton provided by the current Elin main pack then I do not know what exactly is causing your issue.  As Marieonette mentioned, it's possible another mod could be the cause.

I think there are mods at Nexus that fixes the arrow trajectory.

It's definitely not the Archery Combat Overhaul mod as it still has that issue when i disabled it. 
Tried with a non Elin race character and the issue still occurs. This means that the issue was not caused by the Elin mod itself but by something else.

Also tried the mod that fixes trajectory, it does not actually work against the issue as it is meant to.

By the way any progress on the other Elin clothing and stuff?

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts
Spoiler

i installed this,and only this version on a fresh install with no other mods than those required or recommended in this post(that is for Elin 1,not elin 2) so other mods are out of the question.

If its the skeleton the problem then why isnt the main post updated? im using that one and so far the first person camera is the only issue i got,all my others mods(that i installed AFTER i found the problem was unsolvable) are running smoothly.

Theres gonna be a solution to this so im gonna continue kicking these mods till it solves itself or someone gives me a hint.

Thanks for hearing me out.

There is no reason to update the main post.  In regards to the current skeleton, it is perfectly fine since it's lightly modified to make the head a little larger and includes the HDT bones for the ears and tail, nothing else was touched because the body shape is now created by the body mesh.

Spoiler

It's definitely not the Archery Combat Overhaul mod as it still has that issue when i disabled it. 
Tried with a non Elin race character and the issue still occurs. This means that the issue was not caused by the Elin mod itself but by something else.

Also tried the mod that fixes trajectory, it does not actually work against the issue as it is meant to.

By the way any progress on the other Elin clothing and stuff?

I have yet to start porting the other armors.  Been busy with RL matters, but I will start on the armors once I have time.

Icarus-

Icarus-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey, i was wondering if this race is really overpowered in strength and if i could lower that somehow?

I'm noticing i kill really easily humanoid enemies, my weapons are not overpowered (they are vanilla right now), early game, and tested on expert and adept.

And when facing monster or dragons (vanilla ones) they actually are quite hard to kill. (i also have immersive creatures installed)

I wanted to know if it's actually an problem, how could i fix it, or if it isnt and i'm just going crazy

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts

Hey, i was wondering if this race is really overpowered in strength and if i could lower that somehow?

I'm noticing i kill really easily humanoid enemies, my weapons are not overpowered (they are vanilla right now), early game, and tested on expert and adept.

And when facing monster or dragons (vanilla ones) they actually are quite hard to kill. (i also have immersive creatures installed)

I wanted to know if it's actually an problem, how could i fix it, or if it isnt and i'm just going crazy

I have not made any changes to attack damage or how the game calculates attack damage and, so far, have not experienced anything that would make me think the Elins deal more and take less.

Are they still easy to kill when you start leveling up?

athens2diefor

athens2diefor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

i made an account but i cant find the download? am i dumb.. lol

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

First post on the page though with it size and other stuff is a pain, but keep scrolling down and there is a button saying download which takes you to the download page, from there hit the big green button that says download, which will take you to the actual download page with a list of files, or click this link http://www.loverslab...tera-elin-race/

Though you still probably want to read through the first post anyway just to see which files of the pretty big list you will actually want/need.

Oh, and before I forget welcome to lovers lab and hope you time here is fun and informative.

LoydKun

LoydKun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

First post on the page though with it size and other stuff is a pain, but keep scrolling down and there is a button saying download which takes you to the download page, from there hit the big green button that says download, which will take you to the actual download page with a list of files, or click this link http://www.loverslab...tera-elin-race/

Though you still probably want to read through the first post anyway just to see which files of the pretty big list you will actually want/need.

Oh, and before I forget welcome to lovers lab and hope you time here is fun and informative.

I'm dumb too... thank you sir!

Varithina

Varithina

Mega Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

I'm dumb too... thank you sir!

No problem, I do no want to count the number of times I have gone to a web site and sat there for ages wondering where the download for the file is, just to realise that I was looking at the damn thing. :blush:

lucastoniatto

lucastoniatto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Hello, can anyone provide some assitance? My game CTDs as soon as I try sprinting with Elin. All other animations are fine.

I tried uninstalling all animation mods and only left FNIS 6.3, Realistic Ragdolls 1.9, RaceMenu 3.4.5 and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 3.94 (installed in that order), then only the Elin Main Pack. This was tested on a normal save and fresh save. I can't for the life of me understand why it crashes only during sprint :(

All other races can sprint just fine.

Thanks!!

PsychoMachina

PsychoMachina

Huggy Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,375 posts

Hello, can anyone provide some assitance? My game CTDs as soon as I try sprinting with Elin. All other animations are fine.

I tried uninstalling all animation mods and only left FNIS 6.3, Realistic Ragdolls 1.9, RaceMenu 3.4.5 and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended 3.94 (installed in that order), then only the Elin Main Pack. This was tested on a normal save and fresh save. I can't for the life of me understand why it crashes only during sprint sad.png

All other races can sprint just fine.

Thanks!!

I believe the problem is related to the voice files.  Reinstall the main pack, which contains the base Skyrim-only voices.  If you installed the v2 update for Dawnguard/Dragonborn then reinstall that also.  If you did not install the update then give it a try.

Don't forget to run the fnis generator for users and select the 'pcea animations' patch from the fnis window before generating the behavior files.

The reasoning is that when sprinting, your character, or in the case of the Elins, the race, uses the heavy breathing voice file.  Somehow, when the game tries to play that particular voice file it crashes.

I had a similar problem when trying to make the original Elin voice pack compatible with the latest fnis; the game would crash whenever I swung a weapon which plays a particular voice file.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: race, Tera, Elin, unp, cbbe, followers, replacers, replacer