[WIP] SexLab Lover's Comfort 2013-12-30

This mod used to work for me on Sexlab Rev4 , i.e the NPCs would comfort each other at night. After I upgraded to SexLab 1.01b and the latest version of this mod  , the NPCs no longer comfort each other. Also, it seems like the Arousal counter for NPCs seems to be frozen at 0. The counter seems to be working for my follower (Lydia) though , and she occasionally does Rape when asleep.

What's going on here?

EDIT : 1) I'm using 1.01b , not 1.01 of Sexlab

2) I have Sexis enabled too , for random and combat rape. But the mod used to work in rev4 with both Sexlab and Sexis enabled.

Probably because you did a "clean" save, which doesn't actually exist in Skyrim; the game's design prevents Morrowind/Oblivion/Fallout style clean saving from working as intended.

I've also tried new characters with the same results.

Also, arousal for NPCs only results in sex when the PC goes to sleep around the area where the NPC is?

I'm a bit confused about arousals of NPCs (at least for the ones who are married/in-love in the game).

You stated that is needed they have sex once before their arousal system starts and then they should comfort each other, normally after midnight.

1. I "assigned" a guy to live in Honeyside and to be in love with Iona. I made them to have sex once with Matchmaker spells. Then, they had sex by themselves (started by LoversComfort) but the strange thing is that they both sleep for almost all night. At 6.00 AM the guy waked up before and ONLY at this point he fucked Ione on her bed. Treid several times and thing was laways the same.

2. I did EVERY married/in-love NPC of Riften to have sex once (at least) using Matchmaker spells. Then I checked them all after midnight (or later, for NPC still awake at 2.00 AM like Bolli) but NO one of them comforted. They went on sleep, that's all. Maybe I should wait when one of them will wake up in the morning (like Iona above) but, in their cases, they wake up at the same time and nothing happened. So, I think if the NPCs have the same sleep timing, they will not have sex at all. Am I wrong?

I dont think the mod is running in my new game. The n key works but couples arent starting scene, and status page isnt detecting npcs.

[06/04/2013 - 01:13:24AM] [loverscomfortplayerscr <00_LoversComfortPlayer (8F042D62)>]: ScanCurrentCell is locked

[06/04/2013 - 01:30:49AM] [loverscomfortplayerscr <00_LoversComfortPlayer (8F042D62)>]: ScanCurrentCell is locked

[06/04/2013 - 01:32:57AM] [loverscomfortconfigscr <00_LoversComfortConfig (8F01C6E0)>]: trying to open status page...

these are related log i found.

Attempted a clean save, still no npc love, and still getting the trying to open status page.

I dont think the mod is running in my new game. The n key works but couples arent starting scene, and status page isnt detecting npcs.

[06/04/2013 - 01:13:24AM] [loverscomfortplayerscr <00_LoversComfortPlayer (8F042D62)>]: ScanCurrentCell is locked

[06/04/2013 - 01:30:49AM] [loverscomfortplayerscr <00_LoversComfortPlayer (8F042D62)>]: ScanCurrentCell is locked

[06/04/2013 - 01:32:57AM] [loverscomfortconfigscr <00_LoversComfortConfig (8F01C6E0)>]: trying to open status page...

these are related log i found.

Attempted a clean save, still no npc love, and still getting the trying to open status page.

I'm a bit confused about arousals of NPCs (at least for the ones who are married/in-love in the game).

You stated that is needed they have sex once before their arousal system starts and then they should comfort each other, normally after midnight.

1. I "assigned" a guy to live in Honeyside and to be in love with Iona. I made them to have sex once with Matchmaker spells. Then, they had sex by themselves (started by LoversComfort) but the strange thing is that they both sleep for almost all night. At 6.00 AM the guy waked up before and ONLY at this point he fucked Ione on her bed. Treid several times and thing was laways the same.

2. I did EVERY married/in-love NPC of Riften to have sex once (at least) using Matchmaker spells. Then I checked them all after midnight (or later, for NPC still awake at 2.00 AM like Bolli) but NO one of them comforted. They went on sleep, that's all. Maybe I should wait when one of them will wake up in the morning (like Iona above) but, in their cases, they wake up at the same time and nothing happened. So, I think if the NPCs have the same sleep timing, they will not have sex at all. Am I wrong?

This mod used to work for me on Sexlab Rev4 , i.e the NPCs would comfort each other at night. After I upgraded to SexLab 1.01b and the latest version of this mod  , the NPCs no longer comfort each other. Also, it seems like the Arousal counter for NPCs seems to be frozen at 0. The counter seems to be working for my follower (Lydia) though , and she occasionally does Rape when asleep.

What's going on here?

EDIT : 1) I'm using 1.01b , not 1.01 of Sexlab

2) I have Sexis enabled too , for random and combat rape. But the mod used to work in rev4 with both Sexlab and Sexis enabled.

What happens if an NPC in the environment gets a high level of arousal?

This mod worked fine on an older character that also had sexis and sexlab installed,but with the sexis version of this mod. However, once I installed this version and did a clean save, this mod that effects NPCs no longer works when I enter buildings or homes at night.

I also did a new chracter and this mod also does not work. Sexlab is working fine and I also uninstalled sexis for this character. I also have lovershook working fine with this mod loaded after all the other plugins.

:(

Judging by amout of reports there is a problem in last release.

Unfortunatly at my side every thing works, I had reviewed code for potential problems but could not find anything.

Full debug/papyrus logs can be very helpful, PM if it is possible.

is there any metod to quit an actor from the arousal sistem?? because i see a bit weird that the tempered dwarven sphere gets arousal and joined the sex with me and my wife XD

LoL, no.

I have ANY line in my papyrus.logs that says something about "loverscomfort" or "arousal" or similar things. Only a couple of benign errors about SexLab calls and TONS of lines about Taron Dreth (Katria's book thief in the Dawnguard DLC) even if I killed him ages ago.

I still suspect that the NPCs not comforting each other even if married/in-love could be related to sleep timers, awake timers or something like this.

The ONLY ones NPCs that had sex from LoversComfort was a couple in which ONE was sleeping and the other was NOT (it has no sleep sandbox routine).

AND the sex happened nearby the time in which the sleeping one was about to wake up.

Every couple that has the same sleep timing DO NOT have sex in bed by LoversComfort.

Could be?

Okay, as requested I've attached my Papyrus logs. Btw, I'm almost certain the arousal timers for various NPCs are broken. I waited nearly 10 days, and the counter didn't even inch past 0.

Also , I used the matchmaker on Lucan Valerus and his sister. After they had sex, I skipped time and found their arousal levels had increased but all other NPCs where I didn't use matchmaker didn't have any increase in arousal. I sneaked into the Riverwood trader later at night and sure enough, Valerus was boning his sister.

So I guess it does work , but maybe the arousal counters are broken and need matchmaker to work?

Anyway, please examine the logs and let me know!

EDIT : Did some testing , I used the matchmaker on Gerdur and Hod. After they'd finished  , I waited for a few days...and behold! Their arousal counters were up and running again. So apparently, the workaround I have for now is to use Matchmaker to force them to have sex to "Start" the counter. I'll have to try it on other NPCs to see if my assumption is correct.

Papyrus.rar

I had the same problem, npc's not having sex after the update, but there is an easy fix.

Make em have sex, whether with matchmaker or by the player and then they hump like rabbits on the next visits.

It seems to be some kind of vicious circle at first, they are not aroused so they don't have sex, and they can't get aroused until they have sex, so get em laid and it starts working normally.

I had the same problem, npc's not having sex after the update, but there is an easy fix.

Make em have sex, whether with matchmaker or by the player and then they hump like rabbits on the next visits.

It seems to be some kind of vicious circle at first, they are not aroused so they don't have sex, and they can't get aroused until they have sex, so get em laid and it starts working normally.

is it possible that the cause of all these arousal/npc issues is from sexlab framework v1.00+? since everything works before that.

Thanks for confirming it Xper000. Yeah , I think maybe 1.00 has something to do with it. Apparently it froze the Arousal timers on everyone , and you need to "unfreeze" them by using the Matchmaker on them. Redneck should have an easier time debugging it now.

Thank your for all feedback and testing.

Posted new version v20130604 that should fix the problem with NPC not having sex.

At v20130527 I had made few fixes to arousal, but had not adjusted 6 hour cooldown that NPC have after sex, as a result virgin NPC were reported as they just had sex.

This should also fix a few glitches with arousal that have been reported.

Changes:

v20130604 - requires SexLab 1.01b
- Fixed NPC not having sex due to wrong cooldown timer for virgin NPC
- Fixed calculation of animation duration during rape

Hey redneck2x =) 

First of all, love the mod. I first didn't know about SexLab and just went and installed SexiS just for this mod. Then recently (like... yesterday) migrated to SexLab, and your mod of course was the first to transfer. Just love it.

That said, I did come through a few issues when I transferred to SexLab, but now most of them are gone with the latest update, which I was about to be yet another one of those people having issues :P but I still have... let's say... a sequel of the main problem still lurking about, and simply put, NPCs just won't have sex with each other =( On SexiS, every time I'd go in a household with related NPCs, they would go straight into bed for action (which the one thing I get out of that is that I love the fact that you need to learn the positions [the reason I installed Lovers Hook right after LC :P]). With SexLab... I don't quite get how it works. 

When I installed this new update, I went into the Warmaiden's shop in Whiterun and Addrianne or whatever her name is was laying in bed with her husband, just sleeping. I then proceeded to wait for 1 hour, and then bam, they were at it (it was a little weird to see the husband giving the -wife- a handjob animation, but you know, it didn't bother me). After that, I went into several other houses that I know I've seen people in action with SexiS, and even did the same waiting technique to see if something would happen, but doesn't.

I guess my question would be:

Did something change? do these NPCs really do need to have sex with the player -first- or see someone naked before they start having sex as a couple? because if that is the new way how the mod works, that's a little dodgy :/ and I would love to request if it could be like it was with SexiS.

If that is -not- the case and this is actually an issue with me, I guess I just need some help to figure out what's going on =(

It's worth mentioning that the one couple I did see having sex (in the Warmaiden's), Addriane did see me having sex with another NPC, I mean we were right in front of her lol, so that's why I think it worked with that couple, and isn't with anybody else.

Anyway, I would love your input because I like this mod so much, and I'd really like to keep using it and playing (if I can't fix it, then I'm forced to turn off Lovers Hook as well because I have no means to learn new animations otherwise :()

Thanks so much in advance :)

@ monababii

The npc's not starting sex by themselves is a bug. It's being or has been quashed. 

Either way, for now, have sex with one of the characters or cast matchmaker on them and it'll proceed normally from there on subsequent visits.

It's an easy enough workaround, all things considered.

I have 2 problems actually :

- I'm using SexLab version -> the esp needs SexS esm !

- Adding SexLab framework add a huge number of new animations -> Obviously the game doesn't like. Even after using/updating "FNIS for users", I loose all things added in the game that comes from a mod. All mods are reseted, I'm naked, as all NPCs (because i'm usin "Mmm what to wear for NPC" and mods like that), only the unmodified vanilla things aren't gone.

Does someone already have this issue ?

I want to love this mod, but...

Hello homies, love the epic mod but im also having the same problem where the npc will not have sex when they sleep together. I've been reading thie forum and people say that I can just use match maker spell from sexlab and it will work. But hope this problem gets fixed soon. Keep up the epic work on the mod too!

@ monababii

The npc's not starting sex by themselves is a bug. It's being or has been quashed. 

Either way, for now, have sex with one of the characters or cast matchmaker on them and it'll proceed normally from there on subsequent visits.

It's an easy enough workaround, all things considered.

Match maker doesn't seem to work at all for me, either that or I don't understand how it works? :/ I think I have tried all possible combinations though to no avail; I cast the target spell on 3 different NPCs - I cast the spell on 2 NPCs - I cast the spell on 2 NPCs and myself, and I cast the spell on 1 NPC and myself. I get a message saying so and so about the irresistible auras going on but nothing happens D: and having to have sex with each character just to have them started with their own partners -through Skyrim- is just... damn D: lol

Yes I was.

EDIT: Adrianne and Uthgerd (the warmaiden folk) did have sex once as I mentioned before as soon as I upgraded to the new patch for LoversComfort, after waiting 1 in-game hour with the Wait mechanic. Now I go into their house very late at night and they don't do it anymore. Uthgerd (the husband) is even more aroused than he was when I first saw them having sex, and even so... they won't do it.

I went to get my player to have sex with Nazeem to see if that would spark him up with his wife when they go to sleep at the Hunstman shop place thingo (which they did with SexiS), and nothing. NPCs just aren't doing it.

Also would like to point out that, through some effort, I made a couple NPCs very aroused at the Bannered Mare Inn, also in Whiterun, and even though I sleep there all the time, my player doesn't even get assaulted.

Another thing is, even when my player's husband's arousal is very high, and well, I never sleep at my house anymore, he won't do it with my Steward anymore as he used to, nor he will start to masturbate as he apparently should with this version of the mod.

It seems there is -a lot- broken with NPC's interactions =(

@monababii

Matchmaker is not working for you then for some reason. If matchmaker isn't working likely something isn't right in your sexlab framework install.

The latest LC update does in fact for me fix the npcs not having sex problem. They are back to initiating sex on their own at night when sleeping, and you sneak in.

As for the other, before the latest update, I was just sneaking in, casting matchmakers target spell on each sleeping partner, watch the sex and move out. The next night or so they would be doing it on their own. Hell if you cast it on 'em in the daytime, that night, they'd be going at it like rabbits if you went back.

It sounds like you have bigger problems than just LC. How I found out having sex with the npcs woke them up so to speak, was having sex with Lydia, and Ysolda, going snooping through Whiterun and finding them humping away in Breezehome after coming home.

The mod does work and works as advertised.

Hmm... what do you suggest I do? Could I possibly try and reinstall Sexlab without having to uninstall/reinstall all the other mods that require Sexlab?

Okay so... after some testing (although somewhat limited, it's very late and I'm heading to bed soon) apparently every single time I tweak the options for SexLab through the MCM menus, the whole system hits a wall and stops working, this includes Match Maker and a big portion of Lovers Comfort.

I'm not 100% sure exactly which settings are the ones that screw the whole thing up when I tweak them, and it's a little late now to test throughly (although I'll do that tomorrow as soon as I get back in Skyrim), but what I can list is the things I always feel I need to change, and it's the things I've changed every single time:

-Make it so the mod disables collisions -for the player- when a sex animation is in progress involving the player

-Change the player's voice from random to 2 - Breathy

-Tweak the Cum decals' life from the default to the maximum

-Change every single key to a different bind that I'm more familiar with. The only key left untouched is the key to restore position settings to their defaults

-Make it so all sexual animations can be played in the "Aggressive" mode

-Make it so the mod strips the player and the NPC off items in every single slot for both regular and rape scenarios

(Culprit found)

I may be forgetting one due to sleepiness, but that's pretty much all I can think of I always feel I need to change to make the mods feel more natural -for me-.

One of those options, or may be more than one, or perhaps a combination? or maybe even just changing -anything- from the MCM (though I doubt it) is causing the entire system to break, and the only way I can fix it is to go to the cleaning section of the MCM, click the button as if I were to uninstall the mod, wait for it, save, and reload. After that hard reset, everything is back to working perfectly, but of course, all my settings are now restored to their defaults, and I've lost track of all the animations I've learned through Lovers Hook, which is annoying as all get out... :P

NOTE: I started a brand new game from scratch for all these tests, and before I "reseted" SexLab, the new game was acting exactly like my normal game.

I'll try to test each setting separately tomorrow see if I can narrow down the culprit, however, if any of you SexLab users reading this would like to give me a hand and maybe, if you don't ever change the settings I listed in particular, maybe try and change them see if you get the same results, please? Though don't forget to do it in a backup save because upon resetting SexLab you will reset everything, from known animations to tweaked settings.

Thanks so much in advance, and I'm gonna go ahead and post some of this in the SexLab topic.

First of all I really love this mod but I'd like to know if NPC's from mods are affected couse when I use a mod that adds travelers to the world of skyrim they get affected by the mod but others mods like MaidsII:Deception, Vilja in skyrim etc. aren't or mostly aren't affected by the mod is there any way to add the option for sex with them. Also in F:NV in sexual innuendo the player could use a token that he/she could give modded companions to have sex with him/her could something similar be done with this mod?