Nif NiNode Questions and Current Project

varenne

I was recently reviewing LightGUTS_BBB_ANB_Mini_Micro_Bikini-33685.7z to create a modification for an HGEC Classic H cup body and discovered some oddities that have me a bit confused.

For all top meshes e.g., ANBMBbBlueTop.nif it is using some NiNodes for what I would assume should be used by the bottom mesh. And if you review the bottom mesh they are in fact in it too.

They are:

32 NiNode L Thigh

34 NiNode R Thigh

54 NiNode Pelvis

50 NiNode Spine

Making a comparison to the original ANB Mini Micro Bikini mesh files, the Thigh NiNodes are not present in the upper body mesh, the Pelvis and Spine are, AND it also includes two more not present in the LightGuts BBB version, L & R Toe0. Not that I'm going to be using the original, but why would you include toe NiNodes in an upperbody mesh?

Is there some functional or logical reason for having these NiNodes present, that I would assume are used by the other meshes? Or is it because one is BBB and one is not? Simply trying to make some logical sense of the structure of nif files via Nifskope.

(I did delete the two Thigh NiNodes and tested it in-game, and didn't see anything odd.)

The goal, in case anyone has already done it is an ANB bikini BBB top and bottoms version for HGEC Classic H cup/LL Bottoms. I already have the BBB bottoms from BBB_ANB_MiniMicro_Bikini_for_HGEC-35797-v1-0.7z, so that part is complete. The only H cup BBB version I could find is this LightGUTS one.

Lastly, I'll modify Reaper's Auto Equip Bikini MOD to have it auto-equip the new ANB bikini, instead of the one that comes with that MOD.

They were either not culled by the exporter or the mesh has caught some stray weights.

To remove them safely in nifskope click spells > optimize > remove bogus nodes

if they don't get removed then they are being used.

Either way nothing to worry about.

Thanks so much for the ultra fast reply!

I did try the spells also and they in fact remained, so I'll guess they are in fact being used by the LightGUTS version.

Archived