How can I move my MO2's base directory to a new SSD drive

Nayhorrorn

As the title says I want to move my base directory + mods and priority to my new SSD, I didn't realise that MO places all your mods in appdata. I thought it would place it where I chose to put the application (which is on my new SSD)

Its currently chewing up too much space on my main SSD and I have pleanty of space on my new one but I dont want MO to lose its memory of the mod priority, It would be a huge pain to have to order everything again :confused:.

Is this possible? Thank you so much in advanced.

First of all, back up your profile folder AND overwrite folder in you MO directory. By doing so you'd guarantee you will always have the files for any MO to read and know what your mod list/priority and plugin list/priority are/were. After that, you can try tamper as much as you want really with moving MO directory here and there w/e, as long as you re-place in the profile files after, you should be fine. OFC, you'd have to manually check if all the mod files are all moved along too.

Normally all my MO mods are installed in the MO directory where the .exe is. So I'm not sure how you got MO to install mods in bloody AppData xd? Check these settings in MO though: https://gyazo.com/3b4d95bb51e5f8fb49b09b9f16371d5c

4 hours ago, RedPassenger said:

First of all, back up your profile folder AND overwrite folder in you MO directory. By doing so you'd guarantee you will always have the files for any MO to read and know what your mod list/priority and plugin list/priority are/were. After that, you can try tamper as much as you want really with moving MO directory here and there w/e, as long as you re-place in the profile files after, you should be fine. OFC, you'd have to manually check if all the mod files are all moved along too.

Normally all my MO mods are installed in the MO directory where the .exe is. So I'm not sure how you got MO to install mods in bloody AppData xd? Check these settings in MO though: https://gyazo.com/3b4d95bb51e5f8fb49b09b9f16371d5c

Cheers for the reply, I ended up working it out and everything is perfect. Yeah me either I definitely didnt manually place it there; thats too impractical.

Archived