{Oldrim} Menu 'flashing' and kill-move cursor?

Kathonica

My Modwat.ch, for starters.

This is an odd one I've not been able to find much on, and while they're not gamebreaking by any means - they are annoying. I've noticed that at seemingly random times, the radial menu (what opens when you press 'tab') will open itself without any key input - and then immediately close itself. The menu barely appears, it happens so fast. It doesn't happen often, but it's led me to wonder if it might be tied into the second issue...

Which is that, pretty consistently after performing any killmoves, I'll find myself briefly 'stuck' with my weapon drawn and the menu cursor on the screen as if I had a menu open. Except that I don't. Fixing it is as simple as opening a menu and then closing it - but it's a strange one I've not run into before.

Anyone have have any ideas?

Sounds like some type of problem that I used to encounter when I had a really fucked up build with lots of conflicts and corrupt saves haha :astonished:

Have you tried with a new save? If it doesnt happen with a new save then try cleaning your current save with a save cleaner.

Yeah, it's been happening with several new saves. I'm almost wondering if it might be related to 3CPO's FoV feature. I don't know why it would open a menu - but the zoom is similar. I cut down on most of my heavier mods for this latest playthrough, so whatever it is must be something small or non-obvious that I'm just overlooking.

try cleaning saves and check load order etc. You're maybe right about the 3CPO FoV thing. I personally need to press tab in-game to see any applied FoV changes I do with similar mods. So maybe.... you can safely uninstall 3cpo, you even ahve the option in the MCM as I recall properly.

Archived