OOO and EVE for OOO problems

ISNAN

Does anyone have any insight into OOO and EVE for OOO? There is a new version for OOO (v1.5.8). I had this installed because it seems to be more stable and less buggy, BUT it breaks the last known version of EVE for OOO. That version requires v1.33 of OOO. I wind up with missing textures/meshes because the new version of OOO changed the file paths to a lot of the armor. I thought I could fix it by dropping the appropriate meshes into the EVE folder it pulls from. It seems to work, but I'm not entirely sure it won't cause problems later on since EVE changes the stats. I can't find version 1.33 of OOO either so I'm at a loss and I really don't want to use the older versions because of the known bugs. I like the new version since it only has a BSA and esp. Easy peasy for install other than having the skingrad mages guild fix you have to patch. 

Should I just uninstall EVE since I wont be getting the female versions of the armor anyway? Are there any other options I could use? I was looking at this mod Vanilla Gear Redux and like the armor better, but not sure how it would work. 

This is probably simple, but my mind is so blown over Oblivion mods that I can't think straight anymore. So many things to keep track of. I installed Oblivion over a year ago, and still have not gotten to play it for any length of time.  I do have a stable version though so I guess that is good. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Archived