Different ways to learn skills/lvlup

drakness

Hello

Ive had an idea about changing the skyrim character development system into something similar to gothic. Short for those who didnt play: levelups gave you learning points which you could spend on raising attributes/learning magic/fighting/crafting skills, no matter how much you used your X skill, it wouldnt raise without teacher/book. I want to completely remove the option to raise any skill by using it - you can no longer "learn" how to cast spells/fight with weapons without teachers/books. I tried to use skyrim tweak mod and a few others but I couldnt find anything which would work 100% for me. When I remove the "learn by use" (set exp gain to 0), books gave absurdly low exp, making those worthless. Sometimes even trainers(who shouldnt be limited by "max trainings per level") didng give a full +1 to skill level. While it may be hard to implement quick and easy experience system for that kind of progression system, I think it may be just fine to let players pay with gold/something else to learn skills.

Is there something I missed when I looked around for such mods or maybe someone can implement something of this sort? Basically remove the "learn by use" feature and keep everything else/maybe add some other ways to get skills - like achievements for killing 1, 10, 50 dragons for X, Y, Z skill/stat bonus, etc. I'd prefer if it had skill uncapper in mind - dont worry about going over 100, but trainers shouldnt teach you above that anyway. All ideas are very welcome, or better, maybe someone knows such mod?

Archived