Costume destruction/transformation trigger?

curseknight

One thing I noticed is how easy for the destruction/transformation to happen for mods that implement it, much easier than the vanilla feature in consoles (there it only triggers with specific attacks or damaging map elements, I know).

Being a newbie to the DOA5LR modding world, is anyone here able to explain to me *what* triggers the change (fixed damage count?) and any means of altering it, for example, increasing the damage required or triggering it only after one round has been lost by the character?

Thank you.

You can make a mod with 2 levels of destruction, one level with a strong hit in fight and the second level is by falling from a cliff, to do that you have to configure your .TMC file using TMC Object Tool, and you'll need a .PHYD file, that can be modded using HxD(hex editor) and .---C file, the .PHYD file allows that destrutible effect, and .---C file is for hairstyle configuration and also to complement .PHYD file

1 hour ago, funnybunny666 said:

You can make a mod with 2 levels of destruction, one level with a strong hit in fight and the second level is by falling from a cliff, to do that you have to configure your .TMC file using TMC Object Tool, and you'll need a .PHYD file, that can be modded using HxD(hex editor) and .---C file, the .PHYD file allows that destrutible effect, and .---C file is for hairstyle configuration and also to complement .PHYD file

Thanks for your reply!

That "strong hit" happens way too easily (if I just punch a few times in training the effect already happens), and I am assuming that can't be changed? It's because it's implemented as a falling object?

I would be interested in editing a mod that already contains destruction/transformation on strong hit and changing it to cause the effect only by falling (which is more interesting). You told me it is possible. I have the modding tools, but I can't find specific instructions anywhere, so I am clueless (I searched in a lot of places, except JP sites). If you could post a quick guide for that, or link me an existing one, I would be SO grateful.

- How do I know if the PHYD I got allows that effect, and how I make the swap? Is it possible to modify the PHYD to allow the effect on falling?

You have to know which parts you want to be destructible, for example: a skirt and shirt, if you want to one disappear in combat, that one must have it's own mesh group, and another mesh group for the skirt, to disappear by falling, and if you want to just disappear by falling, maybe injecting a dummy mesh in the disappear-in-combat mesh goup

I got this mod that have these two levels:

normal

momijidestructible1.jpg

by getting hit

momijidestructible2.jpg

by falling

momijidestructible3.jpg

if you want to get the destructible effect, only by falling, in the mesh group of ''gettinng hit'' inject a dummy mesh, and inject the parts that you want to disappear in ''by falling'' mesh group

your .PHYD file must have this 0 in this part:

hxd.jpg

1PDS0

and must have the same name as the mesh groups

in this case WGT_headdress

sometimes you'll see WGT_cap, either can work

no, it's not possible, it needs to be like this '' 1PDS0 '', the mesh groups are main named as '' WGT_headdress '' and ''WGT_headdress2 '', look at the previous images and see that they have sub-groups like '' WGT_headdress_0 '' and '' WGT_headdress2_0, WGT_headdress2_1, etc. '', those are the parts that disappear in combat and by falling

I took a costume that has both effects but how does the game know which mesh is for hitting and which is for falling? I inverted the group order using TMC Object Tool to no avail.

EDIT: Nevermind, made it work! Just to note this down to future readers:

WGT_<mesh_name> - effect triggers by falling ONLY if WGT_<mesh_name>2 is present, otherwise triggers upon receiving a strong hit

WGT_<mesh_name>2 - effect triggers upon receiving a strong hit

So, as the above poster suggested, if we want broken mesh triggered upon falling, you need to also add a mesh group for strong hit.

@funnybunny666: Is it possible to use the PHYD of a mod that supports mesh change upon falling on a mod which doesn't? Or maybe perform a conversion by injecting meshes of a different mod? The goal here is to have this effect even on costumes that don't originally support it.

2 hours ago, curseknight said:

Is it possible to use the PHYD of a mod that supports mesh change upon falling on a mod which doesn't? Or maybe perform a conversion by injecting meshes of a different mod? The goal here is to have this effect even on costumes that don't originally support it.

it depends, if the PHYD file works with WGT_headdress mesh and your mod doesn't have any mesh group with that name, it won't work, wich triggers the transformation are those mesh groups, WGT_headdress and WGT_headdress2, or WGT_cap and WGT_cap2 and their sub groups, and as far as I know there isn't a solution for that bug at the end of the match

10 hours ago, funnybunny666 said:

it depends, if the PHYD file works with WGT_headdress mesh and your mod doesn't have any mesh group with that name, it won't work, wich triggers the transformation are those mesh groups, WGT_headdress and WGT_headdress2, or WGT_cap and WGT_cap2 and their sub groups, and as far as I know there isn't a solution for that bug at the end of the match

So, if I use a two stage PHYD with WGT_headdress mesh group name, and copy it over to a different, one stage mod with the same group name, it should work after I inject a second mesh group with WGT_headdress2 group name?

yes, but also remember that your PHYD file must contain tha '' 1PDS0 '' configuration like the image above, if you want to have one level of destruction by only falling, you have to inejct a dummy mesh in the mesh group that triggers by hitting in fight, for example, in WGT_headdress2 and their sub groups WGT_headdress2_0, etc., you must inject the dummy mesh, and in the WGT_headdress mesh group, and their sub groups WGT_headdress_0, etc., you must inject the clothes you want to disappear by falling.

Archived