Cannot Acces Osex Through the OSA menu

Hargus

I cannot find Osex in my OSA menu. The problem may be due to the fact that before I downloaded SkyUI and NetImmersive using the NMM but then installed FNIS, OSA and Osex separately via MO.
Another cause might be due to the fact I placed MO in another folder separate from my SKyrim with OSA,FNIS and Osex ,that being in D while Skyrim was in C...While the SkyUI and NetImmersive mods were in C in the Skyrim Data folder

Anyways,So I decided to migrate my mods and files to MO from NMM,I got Fnis Generator to work on MO and it detected the FNIS sexy Moves mod but it did not appear to detect Osex hence why it's not in the OSA menu

Halp

13 hours ago, Hargus said:

I cannot find Osex in my OSA menu. The problem may be due to the fact that before I downloaded SkyUI and NetImmersive using the NMM but then installed FNIS, OSA and Osex separately via MO.
Another cause might be due to the fact I placed MO in another folder separate from my SKyrim with OSA,FNIS and Osex ,that being in D while Skyrim was in C...While the SkyUI and NetImmersive mods were in C in the Skyrim Data folder

Anyways,So I decided to migrate my mods and files to MO from NMM,I got Fnis Generator to work on MO and it detected the FNIS sexy Moves mod but it did not appear to detect Osex hence why it's not in the OSA menu

Halp

May I ask you why you have two mod managers working together for the same game and that you also made mixing mod installs with them both ... can you enlighten my lantern, I am a little in the dark, there.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:52 AM, Fifoo said:

May I ask you why you have two mod managers working together for the same game and that you also made mixing mod installs with them both ... can you enlighten my lantern, I am a little in the dark, there.

Ahhh....Well I was using NMM at first but I ran into some problems with it: like certain mods not working properly
So I switched it up with MO and said mods are working now 

6 hours ago, Hargus said:

Ahhh....Well I was using NMM at first but I ran into some problems with it: like certain mods not working properly
So I switched it up with MO and said mods are working now

Ok it's good then. Glad to see that using MO allowed you to solve your problem. I previously asked you that by curiosity: especially to know what your goal was to use both mod manager at the same time for Skyrim: if it's to play the game, it might put you in an embarrassing situation. On the other hand, for the purpose of performing tests to create a list of mods to install in a precise order later, that is different.

Let's say you want to start the game in NMM, because you prefer to use it to play - this one being for the moment free of mods, but unfortunately you find the conflicts management being sometimes very difficult to solve with that tool - you have already been there and do not want to start again in the same way, whereas you can very well do this with all the benefits that MO offers by the use of data virtualization system, keeping you Data folder clean from mods intallations, deinstallations, updates and the likes. So you make the choice of using MO and keep NMM for later use.

"Huh, you really want to fool me! Keeping NMM now, why?" would you ask.

In doing so you can take advantage of this said method to make in-game mod test selections, resolve conflicts very accurately and arrange a Modlist that will give you the most stable game as possible. And once your plugin list is set up correctly, assign an installation number by renaming the archived mods you downloaded previously. Thus, you can reproduce the work done in MO, but this time by installing your mods inside NMM with the hierarchicaly renamed archives, after having disabled all your mods in MO of course.

Q. "Yes, yes! I understand! But, what of the Datas left by uninstalling mods with NMM?"

A. "Haven't you made a Skyrim Clean game backup previously? Oh, and here is a way to know what files are needed for a clean and pristine Skyrim game, so you could compare and see what remnants are kept in the Data folder." *

Having a hierarchicaly archived mods you downloaded can be very useful in case of a complete and clean reinstallation of your game. But hey, it's a method that is time consuming and requires a good organization, better to do a complete backup of your game then would you say. Hmm ... Let's say I like the principle, and ... Well, do we ever know ...

If one day you want to switch to another version of mod manager, say MO2 or Vortex, for example, you no longer have to go through the tedious step of downloading mods, since you already have them in archived format, and rebuild from the beginning your loading order plugins for conflict management since now you can install them easily in the order you have.

Happy game to you and have a nice day. :classic_wink:

* Resetting Skyrim to Vanilla or A Clean Reinstall

Archived