Can you have too many shoes?

Frankfranky

I love these shoes. They are featured in so many glossy new-season spreads. So many women saying "omg I need these shoes". These are the only shoes I have looked at, where it is impossible to find a pic of a woman actually wearing them. lol. Why do you suppose that is? (apart from the $1500 price tag). I suspect that your beautiful shoes aren't very comfortable Mr Blahnik.

Completely essential.

mule.png

Those shoes do look very nice indeed. nice work so far with all the shoes/boots you have done so far. by the way would it be possible to remove the strap on the top so its just a mule? although they do look good as they are at the moment though. keep up the great work! :smile:

omg FUCK~! I get why these shoes are $1500 now. They are a complete nightmare. How did you make something so difficult look so simple, and effortless and elegant Mr Blahnik! FUCK! ..... mb that is why you are the famous designer and I am the nobody hack modder...... getting there .... and yes demonbk.  The strap will be a separate trishape. So mb I will make versions now, with, without, satin, leather,  peep toe ... actually that might need a different sole ... mb not peep toe now ... ... mb I will do variations later ... regardless you will be able to open it in nifskope and just delete ithe strap if you don't want it. I will make sure the shoe works without.

There is going to be a delay. The foot is the wrong shape. I want more arch. Your foot is really good arrison_c, I don't know if I can do better, but I am going to have to try. I have been working around the fact that there just isn't enough curve to the arch from the first shoe. Well, now there isn't enough shoe to work around it with. How I am going to manage this without breaking the UV maps and making an ankle seam, for 4 models ... idk..... idk. I am thinking I can preserve the top cuff of polys, alter the foot below, then attach the the changed foot to the cuff and paste the UV channel from the working foot to the altered one ... I think, idk. I have to work out a good way to do it. I need different shapes of foot, otherwise I can't make 7" stripper heels. Are there any 3ds max gurus around? Trial and error here we come.

mule4.png

mb I can just push the arch in a fraction ... that doesn't solve the 7" stripper shoe problem, but it would fix the foot for this shoe.... mb I just need to accept the old saying "If the shoe fits ..." wait no ... "If the shoe doesn't fit ..." wait .... um .... "If the foot doesn't fit ..."  .... sigh.

I'm a programmer at heart. But I have a decent knowledge of 3d modelling to being able to make my own stuff and export it into skyrim. The one thing I've never been able to do is shoes. Simply because feet.

How do you manage to... comfortably reposition the feet to match your shoes? Soft selection? Or is there some way to move the feet via bones/skinning to position them and then work around that, ( i tried something similar, but obviously keeping the feet like that as a mesh for export didnt work out when reskinning ).

The issue with feet is the toes and the ankle seams. You can't touch the cuff at the top of the feet or you are screwed. It will never match up to the body again, and the toes ... 5000 of the 6000 poly's are there so you want to leave them alone as much as possible too. What I am doing is selecting all the lower half of the right foot just below the ankle, reposition that, rotate it a bit, nudge it a bit, then shrink my selection step by step, repeating the rotate a smidge, nudge a fraction till I have it pretty much where I want, looking like I want. Then I switch over to the freeform modelling tools (think zbrush lite) and using the push/pull and relax tools with the lowest of low strength settings (.001) I very gently paint out all the bumps and weirdness, and shape them back into a foot.

Then delete the left foot and recreate it with a symmetry modifier so the feet match, collapse the stack, unwrap the original feet and the new feet together, select the new feet left foot uv's flip them and with vertex snap, move them over and snap them in position over the original left foot uvs.

As long as you haven't removed any verticies or polygons and you make sure that nothing has moved too dramatically, everything will still work. You can use skinwrap with the original foot as a parameter to skin it, toss a BSdismemberedskin modifier on it and export.

To make the low weight, the only difference is the ankle seam, about 10 verts, so you can import a working low weight foot and then just vertex snap your modified feet's anke seam verts to that. done.

10 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

The issue with feet is the toes and the ankle seams. You can't touch the cuff at the top of the feet or you are screwed. It will never match up to the body again, and the toes ... 5000 of the 6000 poly's are there so you want to leave them alone as much as possible too. What I am doing is selecting all the lower half of the right foot just below the ankle, reposition that, rotate it a bit, nudge it a bit, then shrink my selection step by step, repeating the rotate a smidge, nudge a fraction till I have it pretty much where I want, looking like I want. Then I switch over to the freeform modelling tools (think zbrush lite) and using the push/pull and relax tools with the lowest of low strength settings (.001) I very gently paint out all the bumps and weirdness, and shape them back into a foot.

Then delete the left foot and recreate it with a symmetry modifier so the feet match, collapse the stack, unwrap the original feet and the new feet together, select the new feet left foot uv's flip them and with vertex snap, move them over and snap them in position over the original left foot uvs.

As long as you haven't removed any verticies or polygons and you make sure that nothing has moved too dramatically, everything will still work. You can use skinwrap with the original foot as a parameter to skin it, toss a BSdismemberedskin modifier on it and export.

To make the low weight, the only difference is the ankle seam, about 10 verts, so you can import a working low weight foot and then just vertex snap your modified feet's anke seam verts to that. done.

I understood everything you said. I've just never gone that deep before into modelling lmao. Thanks, time to practice.

omg the number of versions it has taken to get to this point ....

Why is less shoe soooooooo much more difficult? So it isn't an exact replica, but I think it has a nice shape (and a foot that fits :smile: ) Don't get to keen on your characters wearing them just yet. What you see is a bunch of planes with a ton of modifiers on them. Comments/critique  that is a bit more constructive than "you suck, get aids" are always welcome. Why is this one so hard to make??? omg.

manolo2.jpg

I don't think anyone's going to be out there checking with a micrometer to verify how precisely it matches the real-world Blahnik design... ;)

The only real difference I can see at all is that the original toe of the shoe extends forward to slightly more of a point. But I don't know if that's something you care about at all or not (it's entirely irrelevant to me, so don't change it just for my sake).

Straight to the elephant in the room Smedley. I can and am going to, make the slope of the toe more even to the point. Changing that curve isn't a big deal. Extending it .... How the fuck did he do that? Every time I try to make it that long I end up with a pointy clown shoe looking thing... This has been the cause of at least half the "screw this. bin it. start again" I think I am going to have it a bit shorter.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:55 PM, Frankfranky said:

There is going to be a delay. The foot is the wrong shape. I want more arch. Your foot is really good arrison_c, I don't know if I can do better, but I am going to have to try. I have been working around the fact that there just isn't enough curve to the arch from the first shoe. Well, now there isn't enough shoe to work around it with. How I am going to manage this without breaking the UV maps and making an ankle seam, for 4 models ... idk..... idk. I am thinking I can preserve the top cuff of polys, alter the foot below, then attach the the changed foot to the cuff and paste the UV channel from the working foot to the altered one ... I think, idk. I have to work out a good way to do it. I need different shapes of foot, otherwise I can't make 7" stripper heels. Are there any 3ds max gurus around? Trial and error here we come.

mule4.png

Scale the shoe on the Z axis

3 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

Straight to the elephant in the room Smedley. I can and am going to, make the slope of the toe more even to the point. Changing that curve isn't a big deal. Extending it .... How the fuck did he do that? Every time I try to make it that long I end up with a pointy clown shoe looking thing... This has been the cause of at least half the "screw this. bin it. start again" I think I am going to have it a bit shorter.

Send me an Object file am I'll look at it.

That is the foot from Arrison_c's Charming High Heels  made transparent but otherwise untouched. The shoe is a jpg, straight from the Monolo Blahnik website projected onto an image plane. This was the reference I was using when I was trying to work out how I was going to reshape the foot.

Archived