HDT Anus Physics Update PE/SMP

On 12/6/2019 at 10:44 AM, rasakkandar said:

This mod will always be for Oldrim only, correct?

Until 27X or the SMP crew on LL want to do something about it, or until I learn SMP enough to implement it. The thing holding me back from SMP is the lack of a JFF editor. I started to do one in Python because I'd like to learn Python, but got lazy and honestly who here knows what tkinter is? Yea, you'd be the only people who could use it. So, maybe once I get this mod somewhere in the ballpark of functional, I'll take the time to do a C++ lazy man's version of JFF, unless HDT or someone already has. I mean, all I need is to call the xml file, get string values, edit string values, write to file. Doesn't have to be fancy. Or heck, just a program that runs a conversion from PE to SMP will work fine too. Notepad++ is great, but it's not a gui and it still is pretty slow when you need to edit, although it's a great scripting tool.

*edit*

Also, last time I did physics, I didn't put a lot of collisions in. Now, doing a custom rigid body build:

Spoiler

Okay, this is a pretty cool discovery, so it deserves it's own post:

Someone earlier in the thread wanted to know if there was a way to stop the penis from going into the vagina and anus, and I made a joke about it not being possible. But I was wrong... Very wrong, and am sorry, lol. It's totally doable and I think you guys will like what I've got in mind.

Basically, I'm adding physics to the schlongs of skyrim so that they are no longer indestructible rods, but now have their own physics... as well as a genital chain in the genitals of the female to react with it. Making it nearly impossible for an animation to swap holes, unless you force it through sexlab controls.

Currently I've got the physics with the hair, ribbon, and rigid body to functional levels. They still need refinement, but it's good for now.

Before pre-alpha (for testing aid) release I need to finish up with genital physics, schlong physics, breast physics, and put in a starter outfit.

Now, the thing with breast physics is that in modern physics simulations, they use calculations based on angles between polygon edges (how much they can stretch and shrink). This is called soft mesh physics. It maintains the volumetric feel without looking like a piece of machinery. I think I've managed to create a rig for the breasts so that you can touch them, and rather than the whole breast move like a solid brick, now it should react in a way similar to soft mesh physics... because basically my rig is a pseudo soft mesh physic rig. And, to top it all off, the rig probably uses less calculations than the max rig due to extra low res hulls and more efficient use of contstraints, but we will see.

*edit 1*

Spoiler

1885121620_NewRig.jpg.43a8f1800ee4d0e83465adf8a0eb2a5b.jpg

It's coming together nicely. I know it looks weird, but it should work wonders compared to anything designed before in the sex physics department :P

But, as you might guess, it will need a ton of testing, balancing, and editing.

With this rig, you won't have pinpoint accuracy, I believe that truly impossible in the game world (different story for animation) because you need fast computing, and we don't have it at this time. However, this should definitely allow pushing breasts together for cleavage and tit jobs, and rotation of nipples.

Also, for SMP, I think instead I might do a plugin for Notepad++. I've been using macro's and plugins for Notepad++ more than JFF lately, so that is probably the way to go.

*edit 2*

Also, the physics slot convention I'm going to use is:

0 - Core Rigid Body for Collisions ( Basic body shape and ground)

1 - Interaction Body (Namely Penis and Fingers)

3,4,6 - Remain as original defined

7 - Vag, Anus, Breast, Throat, Cheek, Stomach, Etc. Interaction Physics (Easier to lump these together for macro editing) These interact with 1,3,4, and 6 only.

15 - Interactive Hair (For like long braids)

16 - Non-interactive Hair ( For ribbons and bangs)

Tails and Ears remain the same.

Let me know if anyone sees an issue with that.

I was trying to add some bones to the CBBEMax which I have weight painted in 3DS Max. For some reason after exporting the model some serious problems appeared. Please refer to the attached picture. I have uploaded the Import / Export settings of NifTiools as well. So far I was unable to locate the root cause...

Thank you a lot in advance!

Max.PNG

Import.PNG

Export.PNG

4 hours ago, nackedsnake said:

Don't flatten hierarchy. MaxCbbe has custom bone chains that aren't supported by the XP32E skeleton. You also shouldn't ever need to update tangent space or collapse transforms. These are settings for models that are not properly configured in the first place for export.

You shouldn't need zero transforms checked, unless you are messing with animation.

That's all I can say, I've never seen a body do that particular thing before.

13 hours ago, StaticPhobia2 said:

I think I have just found the answer after playing around a bit. Since I changed the topology of the mesh the vertex numbering got changed as well. I suppose the BodySlide sliders work somewhat on defined vertices and this has caused the deformation --> the "wrong" vertices got shifted. Loading the mesh as a "reference" into Outfit Studio works just fine.

Is there a user manual somewhere of the NifTools plugin which explains in details the Importing/Exporting options? I have read the documentation http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/3ds_Max/Guides/Exporter but do not know what kind of direct effects these options have.

Thank you!

CMax.PNG

Spoiler

Alright. So it works. I know it looks fucked up... because it is, however the point is the core functionality of it works. I don't know why the bones are going nuts with crazy scaling and rotations. I'm working on it. If it were just an alignment issue, then fine whatever, but no, the whole hull is warped as soon as physics are applied.

So, anyways, my original plan was to use ball and sokcet constraints mixed with generic constraints to create the "pseudo soft body physics". In theory, that works. However, Havok2013 is old school and has some limitations that I have to figure out how to fake real physics with. What ended up happening was that Havok prioritizes one constraint motor and constraint physics do not seem to pass from one rigid body to the next very easily. A dirty illustration of what happens when you chain constraints in Havok 2013: (1st is the static display, 2nd was my theory, 3rd is what happened)

Spoiler

1633785442_PhysicsProblems.jpg.db8e76d17922b94d4dc97d3952f3e9c0.jpg

So you can't bend ball and socket, they're like wrecking balls with a bar for a chain. It was my idea that the force applied to the point of ball and socket under pressure would override the generic constraint force. I'd merely have to play around with the forces until I found a balance. Well, it does not. As I said, constraint force doesn't carry well. So, my next idea was to try hinges, but same thing. Now, I've moved on to stiff springs.

With stiff springs, I actually have some success. When you press on a breast, it deforms, but where that deformation go? It scales the rest of the breast to be larger, because that mammary gland stuff has to go somewhere right? Which means to have truly volumetric breasts, the collisions must interact with each other, one simply can not use generic constraints. That would only deform the breast, not make it volumetric. By reversing the stiff spring, I've managed to get at least 2 breast parts to interact and I think that should be sufficient if I could just get the breast core to interact with the breast as a whole, and I have a fail safe to do just that, if breast constraints don't work. However, the stiff spring approach is making things far more interesting but also more complicated. I like single directional constraints, easy to work with. Stiff springs are pretty nuts when you try to predict them and correct for errors.

So TLDR, I have some work to do sorting through these crazy outcomes.

*Edit 1*

Good news, fixed the crazy shapes issue. Pretty easy fix. Had to reset the nubs scales. I have no idea why it warped in such a way. But w/e, it works now.

*Edit 2*

Spoiler

Getting there. Nothing comes easily in Nif Havok it seems. Mirroring in 3ds inverses the axis. Now I have issues with the left breast being fubar because of it. But it's slowly coming together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...