Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 9:57 PM, badbat111 said:

File not found

Looks like the latest uploads failed. Description edits also seem not to have synced to the thread.

Edit:  Retried upload and added an SE version as well.

On 4/28/2024 at 6:33 AM, palracz said:

FNIS error

Make sure correct file is being used, see previous page:

Edit: Or, if you're sure you've got the right version installed, regenerating the behavior file yourself with FNIS for authors is also an option indeed.

Edited by MTB

What is the name I can find the bodyslide files under, please?

I'm hoping this fixes the issue I had where I rode a beast and the game crashed. First time using this mod, so I'm not entirely sure.

• 3 weeks later...

@MTB

Hi

Using 0.80full + 0.8.3update, with mimics esp enabled

Any idea why almost all the barrels in (at least) Riften are unable to be opened, and showing that they were last modified by this mod? 

It makes the PC's life much more difficult when requiring keydrops from other mods that place them in barrels  LOL

I did try using the debug 'unmimic/clean container etc' spell (for want of a better description), but that made no difference at all that I can see

Any help would be welcome, as I really would rather keep Mimics active as a fun game challenge than have to deactivate them just because they seemed to become an overarching impedimentary nuisance. 

Otherwise, the mod still seems to do what it says on the tin, and has become even more fun over the years.  Just need to add a little bit of spice to the PC's trips to pillories - a la Prison I realise that adding that might disrupt the massed town fights, but it could be done by a slight change in that when the PC is placed there, calm down everything till the business is done, and restart the grand punch up when the release happens

Whatever, hope the observation on the mimic issue helps, anyway  And if I've missed something, point me in the right direction, pls!

DQW

"Reading SkyrimChainBeasts
>>Warning: Inconsistent mod SkyrimChainBeasts. Number of animations differs between FNIS List (2) and corresponding behavior file (0)<<
 V?.? ...     ChAnims:87(85)     CTD:2,1%     pOpt:0,0%
        NOTE: SkyrimChainBeasts uses outdated behavior file (may invalidate CTD Load calculation)

Can somebody help?

21 hours ago, whotheknow said:

>>Warning: Inconsistent mod SkyrimChainBeasts. Number of animations differs between FNIS List (2) and corresponding behavior file (0)<<
        NOTE: SkyrimChainBeasts uses outdated behavior file (may invalidate CTD Load calculation)

Can somebody help?

First check your using the correct version (SE I assume), if that's the case, try the behavior file posted by palracz a few posts above or run FNIS for modders for SCB to regenerate that file yourself.

On 5/26/2024 at 12:35 PM, DonQuiWho said:

@MTB

Hi

Using 0.80full + 0.8.3update, with mimics esp enabled

Any idea why almost all the barrels in (at least) Riften are unable to be opened, and showing that they were last modified by this mod? 

It makes the PC's life much more difficult when requiring keydrops from other mods that place them in barrels  LOL

I did try using the debug 'unmimic/clean container etc' spell (for want of a better description), but that made no difference at all that I can see

Any help would be welcome, as I really would rather keep Mimics active as a fun game challenge than have to deactivate them just because they seemed to become an overarching impedimentary nuisance. 

Otherwise, the mod still seems to do what it says on the tin, and has become even more fun over the years.  Just need to add a little bit of spice to the PC's trips to pillories - a la Prison I realise that adding that might disrupt the massed town fights, but it could be done by a slight change in that when the PC is placed there, calm down everything till the business is done, and restart the grand punch up when the release happens

Whatever, hope the observation on the mimic issue helps, anyway  And if I've missed something, point me in the right direction, pls!

DQW

MM changes barrels to make them potential mimics, script added that runs on entering the cell and when activating, so normal to see MM as last mod that `changed' them.  (Does not necessarily mean its the one causing the issue but maybe a mod conflict is involved; my guess would be with an other mods that also try to do things with the  barrel when you activate it (like place some keys in some...)) .

What does the uncleaner spell say (notifications);  `Cleaned  barrel/chest/...'  or `No mimic script on barrel/chest/...' ?  or nothing at all ?

What mod are you using that may have on-activate scripts - eg adds random stuff like key drops/devious events when activating a barrel; DCL?

On 5/8/2024 at 12:05 PM, Amatum said:

What is the name I can find the bodyslide files under, please?

I'm hoping this fixes the issue I had where I rode a beast and the game crashed. First time using this mod, so I'm not entirely sure.

They start with SCB,  (2 `outfits', 2 options for one). (Likely too late and seems unlikely to be related to the crash but here's the answer non the less.)

16 hours ago, MTB said:

First check your using the correct version (SE I assume), if that's the case, try the behavior file posted by palracz a few posts above or run FNIS for modders for SCB to regenerate that file yourself.

What should i doo with the behavior file ? put it in the mod manager ? idk 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, whotheknow said:

What should i doo with the behavior file ? put it in the mod manager ? idk 

Replace the file (FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_Behavior.hkx) in data/meshes/actors/character/behaviors/

eg if using MO2 you open the SCB mod (double click) then browse to the dir above and right click - open in explorer,  move your downloaded file there...

Edited by MTB
corrected path as indicated by brololo
38 minutes ago, MTB said:

Replace the file (FNIS_SkyrimChainBeasts_Behavior.hkx) in data/meshes/actors/behaviors/

eg if using MO2 you open the SCB mod (double click) then browse to the dir above and right click - open in explorer,  move your downloaded file there...

you forgot that it is in the character folder under actor there is the behavior file 

but i can confirm that did fix the mod for me the new file

23 hours ago, MTB said:

MM changes barrels to make them potential mimics, script added that runs on entering the cell and when activating, so normal to see MM as last mod that `changed' them.  (Does not necessarily mean its the one causing the issue but maybe a mod conflict is involved; my guess would be with an other mods that also try to do things with the  barrel when you activate it (like place some keys in some...)) .

What does the uncleaner spell say (notifications);  `Cleaned  barrel/chest/...'  or `No mimic script on barrel/chest/...' ?  or nothing at all ?

What mod are you using that may have on-activate scripts - eg adds random stuff like key drops/devious events when activating a barrel; DCL?

Hi  Thanks for the quick reply

Right now I'm not able to access the game, but as soon as I can I'll try out what you have said and let you know whatever detail I can come up with

OTTOTH, IIRC, mods running in that game that might have an impact are

Cursed Loot

Deviously Enchanted Chests

Egg Factory38-64bit

SXL Harvesting Adventures

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 8:13 PM, AndrewLRG said:

Hi! Could you please publish source code (.psc) for the latest version for LE? If it's posible. :) SkyrimChainBeasts-V083-LE.7z doesn't seem to have them.

Attached should contain the scripts added/altered by V083.

SCB_V083-LE-Scripts.7z

And now also updated for V084.

SCB_V084-LE-Scripts.7z

Edited by MTB
added scripts for v084 as well
On 5/28/2024 at 3:31 PM, MTB said:

They start with SCB,  (2 `outfits', 2 options for one). (Likely too late and seems unlikely to be related to the crash but here's the answer non the less.)

Thanks! I got it to stop crashing, but I appreciate the answer. 🎶

On 5/29/2024 at 9:24 PM, MTB said:

Attached should contain the scripts added/altered by V083.

SCB_V083-LE-Scripts.7z 61.81 kB · 1 download

Thank you! I've done several minor tweaks for the previous version to better fit my playstyle and now can transfer them to the latest version of Chain Beasts. :) 

On the sidenote, I'm making a voiceover for Chain Beasts and stumbled upon a topic that I don't fully understand the concept of. Could you please expain it, when you have some time?

The topic is question belongs to 'SCB_INT_SpyHunter' quest; Topic EditorID: 'SCB_INT_SpyHunterDV2B1T1' in branch 'SCB_INT_SpyHunterDV2B1'.

Spoiler!

Spoiler

"You're timing is perfect. We did and I could really use your help.

We figured out how they communicate and found a new spy has come to Skyrim to spy on Windhelm.

That is too risky so we faked an order from Red to stop to investigate strange devices in Riverwood.

I need you to intercept."

I don't understand the 3rd line. Specifically "to stop to investigate". Does it mean "we faked an order to stop investigation of strange devices in Riverwood" or "we faked an order to investigate strange devices in Riverwood"?

3 hours ago, AndrewLRG said:

The topic is question belongs to 'SCB_INT_SpyHunter' quest; Topic EditorID: 'SCB_INT_SpyHunterDV2B1T1' in branch 'SCB_INT_SpyHunterDV2B1'.

This is part of an WIP (well more concept not so much in progress really...) extension to the Hunt for Red quest.

It's not reachable so you can simply ignore it. But if you want to know what the idea/concept/plan behind it is (spoiler-obviously):

Spoiler

Here you're returning to the investigator and asking if there are any updates, who then gives this response. It will lead to another one of the Spies that will be encountered in Riverwood who, on (fake) orders from Red is trying to figure out what these mines are. All this would only happen if you correctly identified the location of the 2e spy, else the quest would evolve differently.

38 minutes ago, MTB said:

This is part of an WIP (well more concept not so much in progress really...) extension to the Hunt for Red quest.

It's not reachable so you can simply ignore it. But if you want to know what the idea/concept/plan behind it is (spoiler-obviously):

Thank you for reply! I'll skip this dialogue branch then. :) 

Posted (edited)

Reporting same problem as post 

On 5/27/2024 at 5:04 PM, whotheknow said:

Can somebody help?

This is my cut and paste from FNIS after updating to v0.80 SE Full with the 0.083 SE update.  

Reading SkyrimChainBeasts
 V?.? ...     ChAnims:87(85)     CTD:2.1%     pOpt:0.0%

Dropping in palracz's file a few posts above eliminated the error message but waiting to see how SCB works after that. 

Edited by Celedhring