[Discussion] A Ren'Py Visual Novel

TearStar

Hello.

I wanted to have a dicussion with you and share something. I found an adult game recenty I link it here<A Wife and Mother Link> which were a bit different for me. It is a Visual Novel but I didn't feel like I'm playing one. I can recommend you although it's a patreon link and it's under development but it did inspire me.

So I started to see if I can make a renpy visual novel without pictures. It's fairly simple but complex - requires a lot of time to create a decent story.

But when I got inspired I also had an idea of the pictures. Skyrim has every kind of mod. It's even has a greenscreen studio mod.

I have everything now: I'm inspired, I have the pictures and I have some free time to create visual novels.

It sounds a lazy work... But it is a lazy work. But what I can spare creating models and backgrounds, I can spend on the story so it's not that bad. I don't need money for this. I love creativity and creative works, so this is my jam. It's not 'Medival' only because the background would look like medival. 

I love story games - and do like to see interesting romance options.

I'm currently working on the game. 

I want to open this topic because:

- I want to get your opinion on a game like this (F2P) and I may share it with you.

- Ever wanted to make a game but you stuck because you didn't have the technical background? (Programming, Modelling etc.)

The game you link to sounds interesting, but without actually playing it there is no way to know if it lives up to it's write-up.  With regard to what you are working on I can't tell what kind of game  you actually have in mind.  From your post it sounds like you are thinking of using images created from a mod for Skyrim.  Bethesda's parent company defends their intellectual property.  Making a mod for their game is one thing, but using images created from their game in your visual novel will likely cause you problems.

Archived