where is she? Triratna?

There's a difference between making something that only looks like something from something else, which doesn't get people in trouble, and actually using official resources from a Beth game in another Beth game, which does. I'd say avoiding trouble with Beth is pretty important for a Beth-modding community.

Would you risk the entire site just so one person can act out by knowingly and intentionally exposing it to copyright and possibly anti-paedo litigation in a never-ending game of 'let's see if they ban me now'? Someone who continues to do so despite all the warnings, and flaunts it? Get real.

There's no martyr here, no tyranny, just someone forgetting the 'adult' part of adult modding. In more ways than one.

The attitude being expressed about copyright laws in this thread (that doesn't see a problem in violating them) makes me think a lot of people need a broken glass enema...

My career has been based almost entirely on intellectual property and copyright laws are the only legal protection of my income. The casual attitude on the internet towards violating copyright law verges on sociopathy in my opinion.

I've been modding a very long time (since before the BBS days, through MUDs, interactive fiction and so on...) and the number one reason creative people quit modding is that their creations are being stolen or used without their permission. If you don't respect creators, they won't create... it's a very simple cause and effect. Feel free to create all the content you want for your own use but don't publish illegal material. It's not a hard rule to remember (or even adhere to).

While my opinion might not be popular or even the majority opinion, let me state unequivocally that I applaud the banning of Triratna, especially after the last few posts Triratna made concerning CP.

I can point you to at least one Oblivion rip I've seen here, so don't give me this.

I'm not bringing in the CP issue into this. I don't know the specifics and don't want to. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about this weird new stance on copyright that, to be utterly frank, sounds word for word like something TheVampireDante and his cronies would say.

The attitude being expressed about copyright laws in this thread (that doesn't see a problem in violating them) makes me think a lot of people need a broken glass enema...

My career has been based almost entirely on intellectual property and copyright laws are the only legal protection of my income. The casual attitude on the internet towards violating copyright law verges on sociopathy in my opinion.

I've been modding a very long time (since before the BBS days' date=' through MUDs, interactive fiction and so on...) and the number one reason creative people quit modding is that their creations are being stolen or used without their permission. If you don't respect creators, they won't create... it's a very simple cause and effect. Feel free to create all the content you want for your own use but don't publish illegal material. It's not a hard rule to remember.

While my opinion might not be popular or even the majority opinion, let me state unequivocally that I applaud the banning of Triratna, especially after the last few posts triratna made concerning CP.

[/quote']

Bold claims for someone who apparently has no idea what copyright law means.

Hint: It has nothing to do with using a modder's work without their consent.

If you're trying to compare using published game assets in mods, this completely falls flat. Nobody is "disrespecting" the work of any developer by doing this. They are paid for their work, and as long as the modder doesn't charge money for their work what is the problem?

If you want to be a copyright nazi, go to the nexus. I don't come here to hear this nonsense from the likes of you.

Okay, what the Hell; it was fun while it lasted. I'll see you guys in ban land.

In the Hentai Games section, LeonX, before he left, had atleast one thread in which he would link to ripped, uploaded hentai games from Illusion, and linked to his blog that had stuff from small time Japanese creators that charge for their products for anybody to download. This is basically warez, something the rules basically states is a no-no. Except it's stayed up, and gregathit, a mod, has posted in it as of today.

HanPL, another mod, and don't get me wrong,I love him for his work on providing us with many a translated mod for Oblivion, has linked to a game from a Russian site, complete with a provided serial/password and License.reg file for it to get around paying them for their work. This was brought up in the Users Guide topic and the quasi official yet unofficial response was that they only cared so long as it was a big company that had its stuff pirated, not single users or companies that aren't huge multinational corporations.

I'm not going to call Triratna a hero or a martyr, but I do think it's dubious that people are bringing up the copyright thing in light of what I've just typed up.

Triratna was banned from Nexus for this reason:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/224004-triratna-banned/

triratna banned.

Trolling in upload thread.

I personally like gore' date=' leather dom, loli, tentacle rape & maximum hardcore but this idea (making children in FO3 killable) is JUST definitely out of my fetish league. >_>[/quote']

See kids, too many sex mods make you forget that there is a whole other game to play which doesn't revolve around rape, torture, or other forms of sexual deviancy.

Not sure what the reason was there.

Not sure what the reason was here either but everyone seems to be suggesting in this thread that the real reason was because of loli fantasy.

In the US, a game modding site can provide all sorts of mods that can be used however one wishes in regards to murder, rape, theft, etc or whatever, but there is a different line drawn if it involves young children that could be used for sexual fantasy. This line is drawn differently in numerous cultures so is deemed more grey. Thus, it's not up for debate because it's too debatable! Calling someone a pedo results in a full stop, no more discussion. The same can and will be applied legally against someone. Thus, LL cannot relax on this by risking being shut down or facing prison. It's just the way things are in the US.

Triratna may had really been from Indonesia, maybe from somewhere with very different lines drawn, but in the US this is something that will get you burned faster than any witch.

Bottom Line:

Stop pointing fingers, if you see copyrighted material being used, report it instead of using it as an excuse. It's against the rules and has been for ages, just because it's slide by us without certain people noticing, doesn't make it any less wrong. There is a huge legal difference between armors inspired by other games, and models directly ripped from other games. We are a US based site, and will thus follow US based laws on these matters in order to avoid trouble.

Arguing over whose right and whose wrong isn't swaying anybody. Tritana wanted to be banned and forced our hand into it by talking about the things they talked about, and flaunting the copyrighted material in our face, literally saying "ban me for this" and so we did.

This thread is being locked as it is providing nothing productive at this point but promoting arguing between users. If you have questions about our stance on an issue, you can private message me and I'd be happy to respond.