Perils of Perversion (Pathfinder)

Eagle0600

So, this is something a bit different: I have made (am in the process of making) a sexual rules module for Pathfinder, called Perils of Perversion. It should also be mostly compatible with DnD 3.5, but is likely to require significant adaptation to work for other versions of DnD.

It can be found on this document.

How interested in general is this forum in something like this? It has yet to be playtested; while I have organised a playtest, my players are taking a long time making their characters. So I invite everyone reading this to playtest this, and to leave feedback, comments, and suggestions (both on balance and content) both in this thread and on the linked rules document.

If you want a brief preconstructed adventure to playtest with this, I can present this. Obviously, it contains spoilers if you want to play and let someone else run it.

I wanted the main document to cover mostly things that applied to many or all characters. However, I have had, and received, enough ideas for class-specific options that I wanted to put them in a separate document called the Corrupt Class Guide. Given that the major systems of Perils of Perversion are all intended to be laid out in the core document, and this supplement is intended to build on those systems, and also given that the core document has not been playtested yet, nothing in the Corrupt Class Guide can be considered finalised, as the very systems they're built on may change.

More content  any PnP tabletop game is good. I've never played Pathfinder,  but I have been a D&D player from Revised to 3.5. I made the choice not to advance into newer versions for personal reasons.

AS for your idea, take a look around for some published d20 add ons for D&D. I have an Erotic Fantasy source book that has already been done for the 3.5 system. Has everything. Spells, classes, items, skills, seduction, etc.  

I haven't had it out in a while, but its here in a closet somewhere. I'll dig it out and get the correct title for you. maybe you can find it on ebay or amazon and use it to as  a backbone. Now it a published d20 source book, so.... copyrights... but doenst mean you couldn't adopt and adapt.

I do have the Book of Blue Magic, and I have taken some ideas from various sources. I chose to omit most of the more mind-controlling or rapey ideas for the sake of my players, though perhaps I'll do something along those lines as a separate document once I've got playtest data in for the core stuff. Certainly there's a place for that with villains or evil NPCs in certain play-groups.

Any feedback on what I do have so far?

13 hours ago, Eagle0600 said:

I do have the Book of Blue Magic, and I have taken some ideas from various sources. I chose to omit most of the more mind-controlling or rapey ideas for the sake of my players, though perhaps I'll do something along those lines as a separate document once I've got playtest data in for the core stuff. Certainly there's a place for that with villains or evil NPCs in certain play-groups.

Any feedback on what I do have so far?

I've been a DM as I said, since AD&D Revised. So, playing/DMing for 30 (god lord...what the hell).... I just downloaded your document and I'll read over it this week while on travel as long as I can get my tablet working lol. Sadly I wont be able to play test it since my group has been scattered across the states for the last few years. Not playing much of anything anymore. What I've glanced over already though looks real solid. You've had this idea for a while, its too polished to have been cooked up overnight. I look forward to check it out in detail.

No I don't have the Blue Magic one, never heard of that. Mine is literally called the "Book of Erotic Fantasy". 

You're correct, this is not the first version of these rules I've had, but at the same time they're not that different from the initial version. I believe you can go through the document's version history if you want, but the initial version was almost exactly one year ago. I had a major overhaul last August to replace primarily randomly-determined corruptions with chosen corruptions by default (with a point system to keep people from just picking the best); I left in the old system as an optional rule. The playtest has been ready to run since April, but my players have not been organised in getting their characters together.

Ah very nice sir. Doing in it right that's for sure. The level of polish and organization was the first thing that  struck me. It reads like a source book, which really makes me want to read it at least on a cursory level, which is important. If the book reads like a technical manual, makes it that much harder.

As for play testing, have you looked into online alternatives? I see groups streaming their games all the time via Twitch and most of them use some sort of online tools combines with discord. Otherwise its time to bribe your group into action lol.

Mechanically speaking I could definitely make use of the resolve concept alongside more manipulative opponents and the more involved and less prohibitive corruption could easily have less sexually charged perversions and mutations applied to it. I have an unread paladine to deal with who may just find himself being less and less human as the campaign rides on.

Archived