View File

I personally can't stand the look of the the T45 Power Armor with those ugly long shoulder plates, and I loathe having to drive one at the start of the game. On my XB1, I found a T60 replacer on Bethnet, but nothing for PC....

So, here are simple replacers for the fugly T45 on the museum roof. In the 7Z are 5 diff esp's, for the other base game available PA's.(T51, T60, X01, Raider and an empty PA Frame) Only use one at a time. 

NEW: Added .esl versions of all 5 in one handy 7z. (A dinky mod like this shouldn't take up a valuable mod slot.)

Far Harbor and Nuka-World DLC suits available HERE

If you've already been to Concord, or the museum, or have been anywhere near the original T45, this mod will do absolutely nothing.  Best used on a new game, or if you haven't left Sanctuary yet.

None of them have been boosted or modified in any way, but the T51 and Raider have a Fusion Core and full health because I'm too lazy and/or too unskilled with the CK to change it. Probably both. (This is my first attempt with the CK)

Requires nothing but the base game, preferably a legal one.

Lore Friendly? I don't know and I don't care. It's as lore accurate as the game is. (All of those armors are available from the start)

All I did was tweak a few dials and flip a few switches in the CK, so no special permissions are needed. Bethesda did all the work, I just proofread it as needed. 

Credit to Bethesda for the game and CK, and also to Ashal for this wonderful site.

As far as "lore accurate" goes, this mod is probably more accurate than the default game. The nearby holotape indicates the armor and vertibird were abandoned there during the great war in which the T60 was the defacto standard for the military at that point in time, the T45 having been replaced twice over.

I definitely like this mod. If you add one more esp for no power armor there, you would cover all possible player preferences and options are great. Some people don't like getting super advanced armor that early in the game, some people will want the best, and others the worst (as it is around an hour or less since starting a new game).

Hypothetically, a way to "improve" this mod would be to package all the esp's into a fomod with radial button installer and maybe making them esl to skip the 250 limit. It's entirely unnecessary but if your interested in the mod making processes, it's useful things to learn.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 10:44 PM, vipermagi said:

As far as "lore accurate" goes, this mod is probably more accurate than the default game. The nearby holotape indicates the armor and vertibird were abandoned there during the great war in which the T60 was the defacto standard for the military at that point in time, the T45 having been replaced twice over.

I definitely like this mod. If you add one more esp for no power armor there, you would cover all possible player preferences and options are great. Some people don't like getting super advanced armor that early in the game, some people will want the best, and others the worst (as it is around an hour or less since starting a new game).

Hypothetically, a way to "improve" this mod would be to package all the esp's into a fomod with radial button installer and maybe making them esl to skip the 250 limit. It's entirely unnecessary but if your interested in the mod making processes, it's useful things to learn.

Sorry, its taken so long to reply, I haven't been paying much attention to this mod as I didn't think many people would even look at it on this site. I'll look into the .esl stuff and see if I can roll out a version in that format this weekend. I do like the idea of no PA there, maybe just the minigun laying on the ground, so I'll see if I can do that and still make the quest move along without scripting, as I have no idea how to even start with that stuff.