Help for Converting bodyslide armors to SSE from Oldrim

The first thing to note is that I have seen a tutorial already showing how to convert the files to the new format so that they will work with the new game. This is both where the problem is and where it isn't.

Now to translate what I have just said above is that I have had no problems in being able to convert the armor meshes to the new .nif format but I am having issues with something else. I have some armors where (The armor has 3 parts including a top cuirass, armored skirt, and leg armor all tied to a single armor reference meaning the part in game listed as the cuirass accounts for the leg pieces, top, and skirt) and the only piece that shows up in game is the top cuirass. This is after I have tried to modify the armor so that is can be used in bodyslide. It shows up in bodyslide just fine and I can manipulate the armor to fit the body type I am using and I don't even have any clipping issues, but the in game model is not matching up. I am figuring that this will be consistent problem throughout my attempts at converting some CBBE models from the old game. I have tried simply using the old bodyslide files and I have even tried to create brand new bodyslide files from the original model with the same problem persisting. FYI I am trying to convert the ebony armor from the "little sexy apparel replacer" mod from the original Skyrim. All of my mods are up to date and seem to be working just fine. Does anybody have any ideas about why this sort of issue might be happening. Side note: I found it odd that bodyslide did not know anything was wrong with the armor mesh in the preview, but the game is having a big problem trying to display the bottom half.

My ultimate goal is to create a compendium of my favorite CBBE replacement armors that are very sleek without being ridiculously skimpy and possibly upload as a "My favorite picks" type assuming I get the mod author's consent.

Sometimes I get this issue before. I recommend loading the OSP file of that cuirass and making sure that each mesh part has the same partition as the main curiass. There is a partitions tab next to the bones/meshes tab in outfit studio. I'm fairly positive this is your issue.

But just to clarify, the armor addon of the outfit has all three parts of the outfit right as a single nif?

FYI, the partitions in outfit studio is the same as the skin instance Nifskope. BUt I recommend making the change in outfit studio as opposed to Nifskope.

Just to reiterate, whatever equip slot the armor addon uses for that outfit should be the same as the partitions in Outfit Studio.

21 hours ago, SunJeong said:

Sometimes I get this issue before. I recommend loading the OSP file of that cuirass and making sure that each mesh part has the same partition as the main curiass. There is a partitions tab next to the bones/meshes tab in outfit studio. I'm fairly positive this is your issue.

But just to clarify, the armor addon of the outfit has all three parts of the outfit right as a single nif?

FYI, the partitions in outfit studio is the same as the skin instance Nifskope. BUt I recommend making the change in outfit studio as opposed to Nifskope.

Just to reiterate, whatever equip slot the armor addon uses for that outfit should be the same as the partitions in Outfit Studio.

The three pieces DO belong to a single .nif file.

You were right that the three parts of the armor were assigned to different partitions. I did not know that before either and I changed it and made it all the same (Slot 32 Body) and it unfortunately left me with the same problem still. Even after saving the change and rebuilding the armor it still wasn't reading the anything other than the chest piece while missing the arms and legs pieces. I checked the freshly created .nif file too in case the file itself had lost those pieces entirely for some odd reason and they showed up just fine in nifskope too so this really has slipped into uncharted territory for me. 

I have now fixed the problem. I may have some other issues later, but for now I have it fixed. I appreciate your help on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new issue I am working with. 

The body I am currently using has physics attached to it and the armor I am trying to work on does not have physics on and I can see the body underneath bouncing and causing obvious clipping. This is an armor I could imagine actually using physics on it, but I have never had to work on adding physics to an armor or removing physics to the body underneath the armor. It's entirely possible I have stepped into deep water that is way over my head on this one, but if there are any fixes for this that are fairly simple or at least don't require advanced 3d modeling skills I am game to give it a shot.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:37 PM, AmazoniaRed said:

I got a new issue I am working with. 

The body I am currently using has physics attached to it and the armor I am trying to work on does not have physics on and I can see the body underneath bouncing and causing obvious clipping. This is an armor I could imagine actually using physics on it, but I have never had to work on adding physics to an armor or removing physics to the body underneath the armor. It's entirely possible I have stepped into deep water that is way over my head on this one, but if there are any fixes for this that are fairly simple or at least don't require advanced 3d modeling skills I am game to give it a shot.

Ok. So I have been working on the issue and found that the physics problem was a fluke but an issue still exists where a lot of clipping is taking place in areas that do not show up in the bodyslide tool. It really looks like the armor was not converted to the new format properly as I have seen this type of clipping before. One of the things I noticed is that several points do not appear to be moving in synchronization with each other. It is clear the cbbe body underneath the armor is moving around significantly more than the armor its self. That is where the majority of the clipping takes place is in the movement and it isn't just some small piece but heavy chunks of the armor. Example: When crouching, both the to and the bottom of the entirety of the thighs completely clip through the armor. While standing still with a slight sway from the idle animation the shoulders clip through and the sternum side of the left breast appears to have no motion in it's clipping, unlike other areas.

As for the possibility of an improper conversion of the armor. I have tried to convert the armor via two different methods. One using the SSE Optimization tool  and the other by using Bodyslide with the same result yielded by both.

Any ideas?

Archived